Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Looking for Carbon Fiber engine bay covers...

12K views 42 replies 14 participants last post by  Rakenjevnk 
#1 ·
Anyone know where I can get some engine bling bling?

I'd like to replace engine covers, batter cover, fuse box cover, radiator shroud, etc... Not all with Carbon Fiber but i'd like to see the option and I have searched like crazy with no results. Everything is for V2.

#19 ·
I have the GM Carbon Fiber Engine Cover for LS6.
It is very nice CF.
I was going to put it on the classifieds, since it wont fit my current engine.
Let me know if interested.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

#4 ·
I think he meant everything currently available is for V2s, not for V1s like he wants.

Reactions: thebigjimsho
#7 ·
i like all the newbs picking on :sho: lately.:stirpot:. all the passive aggressive internet banter is at a all time high on this site. hhaa

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prOzE6DiSao

DIY kit... hydro dipping. you can definitely get fake carbon. ballinn on a budget

#10 ·
i like all the newbs picking on :sho: lately.:stirpot:. all the passive aggressive internet banter is at a all time high on this site. hhaa

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prOzE6DiSao

DIY kit... hydro dipping. you can definitely get fake carbon. ballinn on a budget
all time high? child, please. Oh, yeah, 2008 join date. head to the archives, youngin'...

#9 ·
if you have the LS2 engine you can get a carbon fiber cover ... the LS6 engine does have accessory engine covers but they don't say 'carbon fiber' like the one for the LS2 does so I can't confirm that they are carbon fiber or not

the part number for the LS2 engine cover is
$999.00 - list price
$839.16 - forum discount price

#13 ·
yeah in post #9 i listed the part number and prices (for the LS2 cover... the parts catalog doesn't specifically say carbon fiber for any of the LS6)
i looked for that ... at least on the dealer locator - not a single dealer nationwide has that LS2 engine cover in stock (so no discounts available there)

#23 ·
^ Expensive but worth it.
The CF Pattern is very nice.

BTW the pic Aurora40 posted is the LS6 kit (minus the Radiator cover).

I have all 3 LS6 parts, but can't use the Engine Cover anymore.

#24 ·
I'm not a fan of the engine cover, but I do have the STB and the radiator cover. I think they look pretty cool.

If you search Ebay for CF bits by engine model (vice car model) you can find stuff for the LS motors. I just might have to splurge on some Carbon Composites CF rocker covers for the new engine. :cool: Obviously I would ditch the red FRCs if I do that - no point buying pimpy CF bits if you then cover them up with plain old red plastic! :p

#33 ·
Thanks for the picture, it's hard to find actual pictures of what the parts look like. The STB is cool except it's so close to the motor. I like the room afforded by the LS2 brace. The radiator cover is nice too, though it seems a tad lonely with all the plastic around it.

GM#17800105

for the 5.7L LS6 ... not sure why it won't fit the 2006-2007 6.0L LS2 but that's what the parts catalog says

it's been discontinued for a while now, but there is still at least one available to me (at a discount no less!)

$200 + shipping
Cool, not a bad price compared to the engine cover piece. I thought it fit all the cars though, I wouldn't think that rad cover is different?

#26 ·
My CF Engine Cover got replaced with CF Valve Covers and a Coil Relocation Kit.

The engine covers main purpose is to suppress injector and valvetrain noise.
Thats why it has all that foam underneath it.
The trade off is not seeing the "pretty" intake manifold.

#34 ·
it's actually sold today

i meant to update this tread with that news but i forgot...

sorry folks... especially the guy from canada who wanted to buy it yesterday
we just don't ship to canada (mgmt decision)

Cool, not a bad price compared to the engine cover piece. I thought it fit all the cars though, I wouldn't think that rad cover is different?
if you want to send me a PM to remind me i'll check and see if any dealers are offering the engine cover at a similar discount

#41 ·
This is a thread lookin for a CF engine cover, why would i mention in here i have one that i dont want to sell. Fair, i didnt go into details, but it goes back to a no one is payin attention.

If it caught someones eye and they really wanted it they would have made every effort to contact me and inquire if i would like to sell it, but no one did.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.