Looking for Carbon Fiber engine bay covers... - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Looking for Carbon Fiber engine bay covers... in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by shadybx7 DIY kit... hydro dipping. you can definitely get fake carbon. ballinn on a budget I haven't ...
    AAIIIC is online now Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Re: Looking for Carbon Fiber engine bay covers...

Quote Originally Posted by shadybx7 View Post
    DIY kit... hydro dipping. you can definitely get fake carbon. ballinn on a budget
    I haven't seen any of the hydro dipped stuff in person, but pictures I've seen of "carbon fiber" hydro dip looks pretty cheesy.

If I were going for the ballin' on a budget, I'd get some 3M Di-Noc vinyl stuff and wrap my stock parts with that. From what I've seen, the Di-Noc looks amazingly close to real CF. Do some google image searches and you can see how real the Di-Noc looks, it's pretty damn good.

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    not a single dealer nationwide has that LS2 engine cover in stock (so no discounts available there)
    Here's one on Ebay, a steal at only $1300!!!
    thebigjimsho and thebigjimsho like this.
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)
    So my forum deal price is actually a good deal?
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Quote Originally Posted by AAIIIC View Post
    I haven't seen any of the hydro dipped stuff in person, but pictures I've seen of "carbon fiber" hydro dip looks pretty cheesy.

If I were going for the ballin' on a budget, I'd get some 3M Di-Noc vinyl stuff and wrap my stock parts with that. From what I've seen, the Di-Noc looks amazingly close to real CF. Do some google image searches and you can see how real the Di-Noc looks, it's pretty damn good.

Here's one on Ebay, a steal at only $1300!!!
    Indeed.

Sure, it may be "ghetto" but unless I tell you it's 3M tape, you never know...

lunarx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 13 911S, 10 E63 AMG
    Quote Originally Posted by dr.duct_mossburg View Post
    Because I want stuff for v1????
    I have the GM Carbon Fiber Engine Cover for LS6.
    It is very nice CF.
    I was going to put it on the classifieds, since it wont fit my current engine.
    Let me know if interested.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

wcryan is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS-V Maggied

I wonder how many of the 35,000+ posts weren't spam. That's what we need. A spam meter

Aurora40 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '06 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    yeah in post #9 i listed the part number and prices (for the LS2 cover... the parts catalog doesn't specifically say carbon fiber for any of the LS6)
    i looked for that ... at least on the dealer locator - not a single dealer nationwide has that LS2 engine cover in stock (so no discounts available there)

I'm going to assume he has an LS2 also, because he didn't say and it's easy.

The engine cover and strut tower brace in CF is part #19155400 (includes 19155401 you mentioned, and also 17801276)
    And the radiator shield in CF is part #17800105 (this probably fits the LS6 too, along with the strut tower brace)

I've seen them for about 1/2 price though from some GM places on eBay. I assume they were just clearancing the stuff to get rid of it. It all looks pretty cool, but even with that kind of discount, it's still a lot of money for underhood appearance.

thanks for the extra info Aurora40 ... and yeah it is quite some coin to spend on something that almost nobody will see
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

^ Expensive but worth it.
    The CF Pattern is very nice.

BTW the pic Aurora40 posted is the LS6 kit (minus the Radiator cover).

I have all 3 LS6 parts, but can't use the Engine Cover anymore.

AAIIIC is online now Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

I'm not a fan of the engine cover, but I do have the STB and the radiator cover. I think they look pretty cool.

If you search Ebay for CF bits by engine model (vice car model) you can find stuff for the LS motors. I just might have to splurge on some Carbon Composites CF rocker covers for the new engine. Obviously I would ditch the red FRCs if I do that - no point buying pimpy CF bits if you then cover them up with plain old red plastic!

CadzillaTN is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V
    I'd liked to see a cf center stack bezel...maybe? Or at least a shifter bezel...

Quote Originally Posted by wcryan View Post
    I wonder how many of the 35,000+ posts weren't spam. That's what we need. A spam meter
    Somewhere around 2009 it went all bigjimspam...The last 10,000 or so anyway. You have to click on the >>l button to see regular posts from jim.

My CF Engine Cover got replaced with CF Valve Covers and a Coil Relocation Kit.

The engine covers main purpose is to suppress injector and valvetrain noise.
    Thats why it has all that foam underneath it.
    The trade off is not seeing the "pretty" intake manifold.

matt @ oCarbon (vendor here) does good real carbon wrapping... he's working on a few V2s for members now i think... the first one he did had a ton of pictures posted here

ewe jealous frackers...

Quote Originally Posted by CadzillaTN View Post
    Somewhere around 2009 it went all bigjimspam...The last 10,000 or so anyway. You have to click on the >>l button to see regular posts from jim.
    You are mistaken. I've been mixing in spam since '04. However, I have spammed much less the past year or so. You know not of what you speak of, Mr. '08...

CadzillaTN is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V
    This isn't a union, tenure is irrelevant.

Fixed..

Quote Originally Posted by CadzillaTN View Post
    Somewhere around 2004 it went all bigjimspam...The last 30,000 or so anyway. You can click on any thread to see spam posts from jim.
    To keep it on topic, those cf pieces look awesome but I would assume they are cost prohibitive for most of us . Hard to spend a grand on an appearance mod that is hidden 99% of the time.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.