Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Linea Corse Wheels Arrived

35K views 169 replies 32 participants last post by  rand49er 
#1 ·
Not to tease you guys, especially shadybx7, but got two boxes plunked down in my driveway this morning ... Labor Day weekend, no less! ... and just had to post up some pics. There're better looking than I had thought they would be. Gorgeous, in fact.

I'll get 'em on the car next Wednesday or Thursday and post up some more pics.

Two boxes, one of each size wheel in each box:

Double boxed for protection:

Don't know how others do it, but these come with a shower-cap-type protector on them:

Slip the cover off, and they look great (I left the center cap in the box):

Now, trying to imagine them on my car:

I'll order tires this weekend and get them mounted and on the car next week some time. I'll post up more pics at that time.

They really do look fantastic. Thanks, Zoeb!

See less See more
#6 ·
Michelin Pilot Super Sport. Tirerack's got 'em ... 245/40ZR19 ($282 ea) front and 275/35ZR19 ($336 ea) rear.

What's amazing is I can order them, say, 4 pm in the afternoon, and they're sitting in my driveway in front of the garage door the next morning at 11 am. Almost as fast as pizza.

This post has been deleted
#13 ·
:pop2:
great choice in the hyper silver

#22 ·
Randy - Those look sweet!!! Wow...Can't wait to see these mounted.

#24 ·
Curious to see how those fit. I have wanted to put 285/35ZR19 on the CCWs but as you pointed out they do not carry them in the Super sports yet.

I have sent an email to Michelin and this is the reply I got:
Hello Robert,
Thank you for your email. We welcome the opportunity to serve you.
The Pilot Super Sport is not available in the 285/35ZR19 size. I will forward your request to our marketing department for consideration.

We appreciate your business and thank you for choosing Michelin.

Since this is a standard size for the corvette guys (even though it's not a run flat) they may offer it. (I have my fingers crossed)

#27 ·
I just put my set on last night and drove a few miles. Just sitting I have about 3/16 clearance between the trailing arm and the rim. I'll pull them off tomorrow night and see if there was any rubbing issues due to suspension movement.

Pics to follow once I get her cleaned up!

#29 ·
As reported with the other Linea Corse wheels, some people had rub, some people didn't - I would say most people didn't just based on non-scientific observation of the forum reports. I had light rubbing on the passenger side, no rubbing on the driver side. At rest the PS was fine, but any turning to the left (even just a lane change) would cause it to rub. I think it must be a combination of production tolerances, bushing age / firmness, and wheel alignment.

#30 ·
GOOD NEWS!! No rubbing at stock height, at least for me. I've put over 200 miles on them with some spirited corners to really flex everything and I have not had one issue. We had a local car show today so I stopped by for a bit.

I really love the way these wheels change the look of the car. Just a few more things to take care of on the outside, then I get to start under the hood.

I really was hoping the headlights wouldn't be so dim, I bought them off of Nick over at Chauffe Performance. I am going to try and wet sand them and re-clear them. Even with 55w HID brights you can barely see. Without the HID driving lights there is no way to drive at night right now.

#32 ·
Wheels look great. :thumbsup:

Thanks!

I've never understood why anyone would put tint of any sort on their headlights. :nono:
Agreed on that, I only bought them because my original lights horrible looking and I figured I would atleast try these before I went through sanding and re-clearing mine. For the price, as long as I can get them clear again it will be a good deal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.