Linea Corse Wheels Arrived - Page 8
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Linea Corse Wheels Arrived in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Hey Randy, wheels look great! My Venetos were a bitch to fit correctly with the same tire sizes. Tires were ...
    WesH8398 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V
    Hey Randy, wheels look great! My Venetos were a bitch to fit correctly with the same tire sizes. Tires were rubbing on rear fenders, wheels were rubbing on trailing arms, etc. Wheeldude actually paid for my MAP TAs, and I installed em and also had the rear fender lips rolled a bit. That had me in the clear. Then I went and got an alignment. I was well out of spec on all readings, so everything got put back to within OEM specs (printout at home, I'll post #s later). Unfortunately I think they took a little too much of the neg. camber out, and I MIGHT be rubbing on the fenders at extremes (big dips on higher speed turns) again. Not positive, but I'm keeping an eye on it. I might bring it back and ask them to give me a little more of the neg camber back. It's not even at oem max tolerances yet, so there's room to go. We'll see.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Re: Linea Corse Wheels Arrived

Funny you should post a rubbing issue up. I just noticed today a rubbing going on. Haven't looked yet, but will crawl under there tomorrow to have a look-see.

Also, washed the car Saturday morning for that Fall Cruise with the Vette crowd and noticed a chip already on one of the spokes. I'm going to get a pic and send it to Wheeldude for his comment on my disappointment on seeing this.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

The first week I had mine, I just barely tapped one with the handle of my floor jack (wheel was off the car and I wasnt paying attention). That little tap left a real nice scuff on my brand new wheel. That metallic finish on the hyper black is FAR from tough. It clearly doesn't take much to scrape/mark and show the black undercoat through. Take a close look around the bead of the tire. You'll likely see some black scrapes (that aren't rubber) around the lip of the wheel where the installers marked them up a bit too. Doesn't matter how good/careful they were.

Not sure how this chip happened. Never noticed it after the tires were mounted, but then again I it could've been pointing down when I mounted them on the car. I'll get a pick posted up as soon as I get the opportunity. In the mean time, it is definitely rubbing on the passenger side rear. I'm hearing it on every bump and dip in the road. It ain't high tech, but I'm gonna try some washers and see if that spaces them out enough.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

AAIIIC is online now Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post
    It ain't high tech, but I'm gonna try some washers and see if that spaces them out enough.
    It ain't high tech, nor is it safe.

Quote Originally Posted by AAIIIC View Post
    It ain't high tech, nor is it safe.
    I was afraid of that. All I'm thinking of needing is a like 3-4 mm. Anybody got a link to some that are "safe?"

Randy, spacing your wheels out (however you wind up doing it) might gain you clearance from your TA's, but it will also push the wheel/tire out towards your fender more. I had BOTH issues, so I can tell you from experience that there's not much play on either side. Your alignment has a lot to do with things too. A few weeks ago I got my first alignment since lowering, and my rear camber is now at -1.36* and -1.66* with toe being 0.05" and 0.00" respectively. Those settings have me rubbing on my fender lips a little on big, sudden dips at higher speeds, and that's after having the rear fenders rolled a bit too. I'm going to be contacting the shop that did the alignment next week and asking him to bring my rear camber to the max tolerances which are -2*. Hopefully that'll get the tires off my fender lips.

If you have any questions, shoot me a PM and maybe I can help ya out with options.

As for the delicate finish on these, it's something that might be worth taking up with Zoeb. Maybe they're not aware of it being an issue. It's clearly to do with the finish itself, since I've experienced the same with a different wheel (Veneto). If you do talk to him, let me know what transpires. I'd be willing to share my experiences if they wanted more evidence.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

thread cleaned up.

lets all take a deep breath and focus.

Hey Randy, where'd ya go? Looking for updates...

mberisha is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '11 Black Escalade AWD & '06 Black CTS-V

huh? What I miss?

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Can we spam here now?

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    Can we spam here now?
    Not yet!

Anybody know how to get hold of Zoeb? I emailed him but it's like he's vanished.

sciroccokid is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Zoeb Fazalbhoy
    Director of Operations
    WheelDude.com | Linea Corse
    Email: Zoeb@WheelDude.com
    Tel: +1 510-304 7554

Quote Originally Posted by sciroccokid View Post
    Zoeb Fazalbhoy
    Director of Operations
    WheelDude.com | Linea Corse
    Email: Zoeb@WheelDude.com
    Tel: +1 510-304 7554
    Thanks. Just called and left a message.

(I need a new wheel. )

killernoodle is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V --- the RED one :)

Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post
    Thanks. Just called and left a message.

(I need a new wheel. )

Why, did one of yours crack?

BTW guys, I'm up to 1 crack fixed on my right front, 0 on my left front (horray!), 4 on my right rear, and 2 on my left rear. Amazingly, they aren't bent, just cracked all to hell on the inside lip. All the cracks looked exactly the same when I found them (usually noticed when the tires would start losing about 1-2psi a day) and terminate somewhere around 2" from the outside of the wheel. Fixing cracks has become routine for me now lol. It is a good thing I can weld aluminum well, because if I had to farm this work out at $250 a crack I probably could have bought some HREs by now
    cam3439 and cam3439 like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.