Linea Corse Wheels Arrived - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Linea Corse Wheels Arrived in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by rand49er I thought I noticed that gap, too. The tires are suppose to have nearly the same ...
    thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Re: Linea Corse Wheels Arrived

Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post
    I thought I noticed that gap, too. The tires are suppose to have nearly the same diameter as stock size, so not sure whether that "gap" is just an illusion or what.

FWIW, it really does look good in person.
    Yeah, that will always be the affect on a +1 or higher. But that doesn't look bad like many I've seen. If the stockers were 19", I'd guess it'd look the same. Maybe a thread or 2 on the GCs, Randy?

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

I take that back, Randy. The first pic was just a bad angle. This pic is FAWKIN GORGEOUS! Don't change a thing. Ever.

JD03Cobra is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 Platinum CTS V

^^ Wow that looks beautiful Randy!!! I have to see these in person.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Thought I heard some rubbing back there, so pulled over (still on blacktop) and reached around to the inside of the rear tire. (As background, when I had the SS brake lines installed, one line had been rubbing the inner lip of the OEM wheel, so I thought maybe that was occurring again.) I haven't backed up on my Rhino ramps yet, but from what I could feel, I'm not sure I could get a dollar bill to slip between the wheel and the trailing arm. It seemed that tight.

As soon as it stops raining around here (in four more days), I'll do just that and post up some pics of the clearance there.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

Quote Originally Posted by JD03Cobra View Post
    ^^ Wow that looks beautiful Randy!!! I have to see these in person.
    Where were you yesterday?
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

JD03Cobra is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 Platinum CTS V

Where were you yesterday?
    Hockey practice (daughter #2) and Soccer game (daughter #3). Trust me it chapped my arse to miss it living so close but glad it worked out for you guys! I would like to see these if possible before you put the V into hibernation.

Quote Originally Posted by JD03Cobra View Post
    Hockey practice (daughter #2) and Soccer game (daughter #3). Trust me it chapped my arse to miss it living so close but glad it worked out for you guys! I would like to see these if possible before you put the V into hibernation.
    I hear ya.

I'm just a lowly assistant coach on my son's baseball team, and with double headers every Saturday morning, rain makeups on Mondays and practices on Wednesdays, life is busy.

I wouldn't trade it for the world, though.

We'll catch up ... some day.

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by lilgCTS-V View Post
    i am literally sold, are these available still ?
    Nope, Rota/Linea Corse only made 3 sets (for bassillac, rand49er, and Sullyfx), then destroyed the molds to ensure that they would make no money off these.

Quote Originally Posted by shadybx7 View Post
    MIKE..stop asking questions on the interwebs and call wheeldude up..
    What he said.

Sullyfx is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05' CTS-V Platinum

I change my mind.... After seeing the other pics I think the stance and look is perfect. Very nice...

Yeah get the car on the V of the Month thread and kick some newbie arse.... Oh wait....

06BlackV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cts-V
    Randy, are you looking too sell your stock wheels by chance , mine have some slight curb rash on two of them and would like to buy a set , let me know thanks .....Nick

Quote Originally Posted by Sullyfx View Post
    I change my mind.... After seeing the other pics I think the stance and look is perfect. Very nice...

Yeah get the car on the V of the Month thread and kick some newbie arse.... Oh wait....
    The month is almost over. Oh, what the heck ... I'll post up that pic.

EDIT: Where the heck is that thread, anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by 06BlackV View Post
    Randy, are you looking too sell your stock wheels by chance , mine have some slight curb rash on two of them and would like to buy a set , let me know thanks .....Nick
    Sorry, Nick ... I'm keeping them around. Mine have a few knicks and one has two or three inches of curb rash, so you wouldn't be upgrading anyway.

Backed the car up on the ramps and took the best pic I could. Hope this shows up okay.

The good news is that they clear the trailing arm okay. The not-so-good news is that they don't clear by much ... maybe 3-4 mm (~1/8"). Saw no rubbing marks on inside lip of wheel.

The larger of these two pieces of cardboard would not fit. The smaller did.

sciroccokid is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Phew thats close Randy, but if doesn't rub in the corners or the bends you are all set.

What are your alignment specs?

I got hella rub on the passenger rear; think that side is close for everyone. I wonder if the difference comes from bushing breakdown?

I'll post before and after pics when I install the new MAP trailing arms.

Quote Originally Posted by sciroccokid View Post
    Phew thats close Randy, but if doesn't rub in the corners or the bends you are all set.

What are your alignment specs?

I got hella rub on the passenger rear; think that side is close for everyone. I wonder if the difference comes from bushing breakdown?

I'll post before and after pics when I install the new MAP trailing arms.
    The pic I posted is the passenger side, btw.

Here's my alignment specs (from the faq):

Aggressive Street Front:
    -1.0 degrees negative Camber
    As much Positive caster as you can get without sacrificing camber.
    Neutral (0) Toe to 1/32" Toe IN Each, 1/16" Total Max. [1/32" Toe in = +0.03 deg]

Aggressive Street Rear:
    -1.5 degrees Negative Camber
    1/8" Toe IN Each, 1/4" Total Toe IN [1/8" Toe in = +0.12 deg] Rear Toe should never be Toe out (negative)

All else being equal, stock camber on the rear is -0.5 deg compared with the -1.5 deg mine is suppose to have. That might be the difference between rubbing and not rubbing.

Definitely want to see clearance with the MAP arms.

Den_93 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS V

Randy, those wheels look sweet in person. I hope you get sick of them soon so you can give them to me!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.