Linea Corse Wheels Arrived - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Linea Corse Wheels Arrived in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Wheels look great. I've never understood why anyone would put tint of any sort on their headlights....
    AAIIIC is online now Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Re: Linea Corse Wheels Arrived

Wheels look great.

I've never understood why anyone would put tint of any sort on their headlights.

raguncajn is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by AAIIIC View Post
    Wheels look great.

Thanks!

I've never understood why anyone would put tint of any sort on their headlights.
    Agreed on that, I only bought them because my original lights horrible looking and I figured I would atleast try these before I went through sanding and re-clearing mine. For the price, as long as I can get them clear again it will be a good deal.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Wheels look great.

Yup.

Yup.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Wheels look great.

It's so no one sees you coming...

No, wait...

-- We miss you, JD (Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

bassillac is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 05 ctsv

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    It's so no one sees you coming...

No, wait...

sciroccokid is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

OYE!

My lc855's are on route. My springs in the back are shorter, but this should not effect trailing arm rub, correct?

sciroccokid is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

I want brakes like that! How/where did you get them painted? Must have...

Quote Originally Posted by raguncajn View Post
    GOOD NEWS!! No rubbing at stock height, at least for me. I've put over 200 miles on them with some spirited corners to really flex everything and I have not had one issue. We had a local car show today so I stopped by for a bit.

I really love the way these wheels change the look of the car. Just a few more things to take care of on the outside, then I get to start under the hood.

I really was hoping the headlights wouldn't be so dim, I bought them off of Nick over at Chauffe Performance. I am going to try and wet sand them and re-clear them. Even with 55w HID brights you can barely see. Without the HID driving lights there is no way to drive at night right now.

Sullyfx is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05' CTS-V Platinum

Yes please! Do tell on the calipers.... Is that just a DIY job with some red caliper paint? If so what brand?

bassillac is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 05 ctsv

Quote Originally Posted by raguncajn View Post
    GOOD NEWS!! No rubbing at stock height, at least for me. I've put over 200 miles on them with some spirited corners to really flex everything and I have not had one issue. We had a local car show today so I stopped by for a bit.

I really love the way these wheels change the look of the car. Just a few more things to take care of on the outside, then I get to start under the hood.

I really was hoping the headlights wouldn't be so dim, I bought them off of Nick over at Chauffe Performance. I am going to try and wet sand them and re-clear them. Even with 55w HID brights you can barely see. Without the HID driving lights there is no way to drive at night right now.
    Is it just me or is this rotor on backwards. (wrong side of car?)

AAIIIC is online now Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by bassillac View Post
    Is it just me or is this rotor on backwards. (wrong side of car?)
    Slot direction doesn't matter - different manufacturers do them either way. Without seeing which way the internal vanes go, it's impossible to say whether it's on the correct side or not.
    thebigjimsho and thebigjimsho like this.

Ordered my tires just now from tirerack. Out of stock in Indiana, have to ship from Deleware. Cost me an extra $16 bucks in shipping.

Michelin Pilot Super Sports.

Thought tbjs should know.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Dear lord, I'm jealous...

-- We miss you, JD (Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    Dear lord, I'm jealous...
    The guy with the V1 AND the V2 is jealous?!!

raguncajn is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by sciroccokid View Post
    I want brakes like that! How/where did you get them painted? Must have...
    To be honest, the brakes look great now but I don't know how long they will last. I am worried what they will look like after the first track day, but it was easy, quick, and cheap compared to powder coating. I did it all for less than $30, and a Sunday afternoon. I used the Duplicolor brake caliper kit from any auto parts store, and the V decals from 8thdaycustoms.

The kit contains a spray can of parts cleaner, the paint, and a small brush. I removed the calipers and took them to the parts washer. Using a small brass brush, I removed all the dirt and dust from them.After that I used the parts cleaner included in the kit. Be careful with this cleaner, if you let the caliper sit on a rag that has absorbed any cleaner, it WILL remove the gray paint.

The paint you brush on with the included brush. I was really impressed with the way the paint laid flat, it was almost self leveling. Two coats within 10 minutes of each other and you have a really nice gloss finish. The paint dries quickly and I was able to put them back on the car after about 3 hours.

I also bought a spray can of black caliper paint that I used to paint the rotor hats, hopefully this will last and keep them from looking all rusted.

06BlackV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cts-V
    2 thumbs alll the way up Randy!! I wonder if they have that style but in hyper silver?? I looked on the site andthe closest i could find was hyper black

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.