Linea Corse Wheels Arrived - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree27Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Linea Corse Wheels Arrived in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I have bought 3 sets of tires at the CT warehouse in the last year......
    thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Re: Linea Corse Wheels Arrived

I have bought 3 sets of tires at the CT warehouse in the last year...

mberisha is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '11 Black Escalade AWD & '06 Black CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post
    Michelin Pilot Super Sport. Tirerack's got 'em ... 245/40ZR19 ($282 ea) front and 275/35ZR19 ($336 ea) rear.

What's amazing is I can order them, say, 4 pm in the afternoon, and they're sitting in my driveway in front of the garage door the next morning at 11 am. Almost as fast as pizza.
    Awesome....btw...could you go wider in the rear since you have a 10" rear rim....or would there be clearance issues?

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by mberisha View Post
    Awesome....btw...could you go wider in the rear since you have a 10" rear rim....or would there be clearance issues?
    Yeah, but next size up is 295/30ZR19 for an additional $104 a pop. Don't know about clearance, but that has to be pushing it.

Just tried to order the tires from Tirerack. Indianapolis warehouse won't have them till November, and next closest warehouse can't deliver by Thursday ... says Friday or Monday which won't work for me.

Hm-m ...
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

liqidvenom is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): cts-v

Quote Originally Posted by bassillac View Post
    Attachment 79953

Thanks Zoeb!
    mean looking set of wheels.

bassillac is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 05 ctsv

Quote Originally Posted by mberisha View Post
    You could go alot wider...but you most likely will need the M.A.P. Trailing arms just to run these wheels.

... you most likely will need the M.A.P. Trailing arms just to run these wheels.
    First I've heard this.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

JD03Cobra is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 Platinum CTS V

Randy - Those look sweet!!! Wow...Can't wait to see these mounted.

wcryan is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS-V Maggied

Yeah I think a few of the guys were having rubbing issues on the trailing arms. And it wasnt something that was just a little either. I'd look into that so you dont ruin those nice wheels

CTSV_Rob is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V Thunder Gray; 2004 Cowboy Cadillac (SRT10)

Curious to see how those fit. I have wanted to put 285/35ZR19 on the CCWs but as you pointed out they do not carry them in the Super sports yet.

I have sent an email to Michelin and this is the reply I got:
    Hello Robert,
    Thank you for your email. We welcome the opportunity to serve you.
    The Pilot Super Sport is not available in the 285/35ZR19 size. I will forward your request to our marketing department for consideration.

We appreciate your business and thank you for choosing Michelin.

Since this is a standard size for the corvette guys (even though it's not a run flat) they may offer it. (I have my fingers crossed)

Sullyfx is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05' CTS-V Platinum

Yeah, right now we only have the AS+, or the PS2 in that size. When I spoke with the "Business Unit" about it they say there just isn't enough demand to produce it yet.....

I happen to work for Michelin in the Department of Defense Group

bassillac is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 05 ctsv

You could go alot wider...but you most likely will need the M.A.P. Trailing arms just to run these wheels.

DSC00315 (800x600).jpg

R R R...(Right Rear Rubbage)
    Could be my rear wheel alignment but I doubt it. Gona have it checked on friday.
    Tire size won't change anything.

raguncajn is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V
    I just put my set on last night and drove a few miles. Just sitting I have about 3/16 clearance between the trailing arm and the rim. I'll pull them off tomorrow night and see if there was any rubbing issues due to suspension movement.

Pics to follow once I get her cleaned up!

Attachment 80144

R R R...(Right Rear Rubbage)
    Could be my rear wheel alignment but I doubt it. Gona have it checked on friday.
    Tire size won't change anything.
    Serious toe-in might cause this, but what else?

This ain't good.

Quote Originally Posted by raguncajn View Post
    I just put my set on last night and drove a few miles. Just sitting I have about 3/16 clearance between the trailing arm and the rim. I'll pull them off tomorrow night and see if there was any rubbing issues due to suspension movement.

Pics to follow once I get her cleaned up!

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

As reported with the other Linea Corse wheels, some people had rub, some people didn't - I would say most people didn't just based on non-scientific observation of the forum reports. I had light rubbing on the passenger side, no rubbing on the driver side. At rest the PS was fine, but any turning to the left (even just a lane change) would cause it to rub. I think it must be a combination of production tolerances, bushing age / firmness, and wheel alignment.

raguncajn is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

GOOD NEWS!! No rubbing at stock height, at least for me. I've put over 200 miles on them with some spirited corners to really flex everything and I have not had one issue. We had a local car show today so I stopped by for a bit.

I really love the way these wheels change the look of the car. Just a few more things to take care of on the outside, then I get to start under the hood.

I really was hoping the headlights wouldn't be so dim, I bought them off of Nick over at Chauffe Performance. I am going to try and wet sand them and re-clear them. Even with 55w HID brights you can barely see. Without the HID driving lights there is no way to drive at night right now.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.