Linea Corse Wheels Arrived - Page 12
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Like Tree27Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Linea Corse Wheels Arrived in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by AAIIIC I've never heard of CORE wheels before, but I just checked out their website. I assume ...
    OneFast V is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 Raven Black CTS-V

Re: Linea Corse Wheels Arrived

Quote Originally Posted by AAIIIC View Post
    I've never heard of CORE wheels before, but I just checked out their website. I assume this is the one? I don't see anything even remotely close to $2500, unless he was running about 18 wheels on his car.
    probably Cor like this one http://jalopnik.com/5953859/this-guy...is-blaming-him

AAIIIC is online now Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Well, I'd never heard of that Cor, either , but you're right, that's probably what Ry was referring to. I'd be frickin' livid if I was the owner of that Mustang! Certainly seems as though Cor is speaking out of both sides of their mouth on that one.

With that said, that Cor design doesn't exactly scream, "I am designed for track use!" at me. Regardless of what their website said, that very open design with narrow spokes just wouldn't give me much confidence. For the same reason I wouldn't be inclined to track my LC Venetos, but I would feel OK tracking the LC855s. Nothing scientific about it, just gut feel.
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

RyRidesMotoX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Raven, StainlessWorks header back exhaust
    Quote Originally Posted by AAIIIC View Post
    I've never heard of CORE wheels before, but I just checked out their website. I assume this is the one? I don't see anything even remotely close to $2500, unless he was running about 18 wheels on his car.

AFAIK, Rotas are made in the Philippines. Linea Corse is their "upscale" brand, so I'm assuming they're made in the same place. I don't have any of the old boxes mine came in to check that, and I'm too lazy to pull a wheel off to see if it says on the sticker inside the barrel. Anyway, there are plenty of folks that run track events on Rotas (including me), and some that race on them. The Turn in Concepts WRX and LIC Motorsports STI, two of the fastest Time Attack cars in the country, both run Rotas. What does that say about these LC wheels on this car? Who knows?!

I wouldn't want to run 19" wheels on track, anyway. The R-compound tire selection in sizes that are "right" for us is terrible (even worse than the 18" sizes), and they're quite a bit more expensive, too.
    Sorry I was on my phone and auto correct "fixed it" for me... Here is a link to jalopnik and cor's website.
    http://jalopnik.com/5954352/cor-resp...ints-on-forums

http://www.corwheels.com/

Cool I was just looking for some track experiences on these. The biggest thing for me was size. The 19 forge stars are too big for wheel selections for what I want. but that just comes down to personal preference really. I was looking at these or the team dynamics cuz they are both 18 inchers.

I totally understand that my skepticism is kinda retarded but I seriously just passed that mustang like 3 corners before this happened. Just opened my eyes a bit lol really wide.

Fast forward to like 19 minutes if you don't wanna watch the whole thing... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HP6d...e_gdata_player

Aaaand I just saw your other posts lol. Didn't see em on the mobile app facepalm.

sciroccokid is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V
    Has anyone run 285s or 295s on the linea corse wheels without rub?

My car has aftermarket trailing arms (forget brand) to provide more room and is lowered.

In the market for summer tires...

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by sciroccokid View Post
    Has anyone run 285s or 295s on the linea corse wheels without rub? ...
    Fuzzy is running 285s in the rear but he's on Forgestar F14s, not the Linea Corses. You might be able to sneek the 285s in the rear with the Linea Corses, but don't know for certain. Depends on your arms and whether (and how much) you're lowered or not, I'd suppose.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.