Taillights + headlights + badges = VHT - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Taillights + headlights + badges = VHT in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; If I had to have a front plate I'd run 3VOM or 3VOM V and paint a comma in there. ...
    CadzillaTN is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V
    If I had to have a front plate I'd run 3VOM or 3VOM V and paint a comma in there.

On the other hand, I wouldn't put that vht on the side I of an overpass.

djgershom is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V 2005

Re: Taillights + headlights + badges = VHT

Quote Originally Posted by CadzillaTN View Post
    If I had to have a front plate I'd run 3VOM or 3VOM V and paint a comma in there.

On the other hand, I wouldn't put that vht on the side I of an overpass.
    ya unfortunatly I have to install a front plate ( i like the idea of 3VOM etc), its illegal according to the officer who pulled me over the other day. He also commented that my tail lights were to dark but hinted that i could risk it...

Scattilac is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS 3.6 Black on Black 1SC

What a mess...the tail lights are dull and need to be cleared - in addition to to not being lined up with the trunk line for some reason, the headlight design is hideous, the V badges are ruined, the windshield sign is...forget it, wow man, tell it like it is and quit dancing around it here guys...

soflarick is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): none

Kudos to you for experimenting, now get rid of all that junk and return it to something more reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Scattilac View Post
    What a mess...the tail lights are dull and need to be cleared - in addition to to not being lined up with the trunk line for some reason, the headlight design is hideous, the V badges are ruined, the windshield sign is...forget it, wow man, tell it like it is and quit dancing around it here guys...
    Sorry I only take criticism from people who actually own a V.

Quote Originally Posted by djgershom View Post
    Sorry I only take criticism from people who actually own a V.
    Nice try - I own a bunch of cars and just chose a Mercedes C350 with AMG Sport package in January after shopping for used V's for 6 months - My opinions are valid and everyone who is pretending to compliment you are just not being honest - This is the appearance section, not the performance section, and my 3.6 CTS is hands down nicer looking than the abortion you have created. Good news is most of it is reversable...

Good luck with it - just for future reference, VHT is garbage that should be left in the civic world...

Nice try - I own a bunch of cars and just chose a Mercedes C350 with AMG Sport package in January after shopping for used V's for 6 months - My opinions are valid and everyone who is pretending to compliment you are just not being honest - This is the appearance section, not the performance section, and my 3.6 CTS is hands down nicer looking than the abortion you have created. Good news is most of it is reversable...

Good luck with it - just for future reference, VHT is garbage that should be left in the civic world...
    listen old man,

looks like you're not just in the wrong thread you're in the wrong forum all together. If you wanna gloat about your mercedes go to the mercedes forum.

also your black cts (not V) is boring so if you're attempting to wow me you have failed entirely. other than being shiny and painting the grill its just another mundane cts.

Go find another thread to hijack.

listen old man,

looks like you're not just in the wrong thread you're in the wrong forum all together. If you wanna gloat about your mercedes go to the mercedes forum.

also your black cts (not V) is boring so if you're attempting to wow me you have failed entirely. other than being shiny and painting the grill its just another mundane cts.

Go find another thread to hijack.
    Sorry Skippy - we got off on the wrong foot..After reading my original post I agree it came off a little harsh - but the fact is if you post something you are going to get reactions, and you should get honesty - but of course everyone has different taste right?

I only mentioned the car I bought (in place of the V) because you chose to challenge the point that I had a non V car -as far it it being "mundane", that is the point - NO ricer spray can "mods" to make it look rediculous, again, matter of taste...when are the underglows getting installed?

Sorry Skippy - we got off on the wrong foot..After reading my original post I agree it came off a little harsh - but the fact is if you post something you are going to get reactions, and you should get honesty - but of course everyone has different taste right?

I only mentioned the car I bought (in place of the V) because you chose to challenge the point that I had a non V car -as far it it being "mundane", that is the point - NO ricer spray can "mods" to make it look rediculous, again, matter of taste...when are the underglows getting installed?

You must have two left feet.

I'm fine about reactions about the car I can deal with whatever people say good or bad, as you've noticed you're not the first to say something. degrading my car is another matter, you didnt really suggest anything positive rendering you're comments useless.

Also someone who cant tell that my trunk is popped open probably doesnt know that the c350 doesnt stand a chance against the V.

I'm against underglow looks stupid and is annoying. Who ever owned the car before had it installed at one point and made the smart decision to remove it.

as for the vht, its an easy cover up for the cracked headlights and fading badges.

This car is a project driver, I've restored it from the grave, brought it back to life which means I still have plenty of stuff to still do to it (your comments have been noted)

It also means i've probably paid less than half of what you paid for your mercedes.

You must have two left feet.

I'm fine about reactions about the car I can deal with whatever people say good or bad, as you've noticed you're not the first to say something. degrading my car is another matter, you didnt really suggest anything positive rendering you're comments useless.

Also someone who cant tell that my trunk is popped open probably doesnt know that the c350 doesnt stand a chance against the V.

I'm against underglow looks stupid and is annoying. Who ever owned the car before had it installed at one point and made the smart decision to remove it.

as for the vht, its an easy cover up for the cracked headlights and fading badges.

This car is a project driver, I've restored it from the grave, brought it back to life which means I still have plenty of stuff to still do to it (your comments have been noted)

It also means i've probably paid less than half of what you paid for your mercedes.

OK DJ - I apologize for being a dick, I find it entertaining to get into silly debates on these forums sometimes and unforunately you happened to be the one it happened with this time around...I appreciate you rebuilding this car at your young age and should have provided some potentially positive feedback such as "remove all the VHT, the car will look cleaner and be safer without it, use a $20 3M headlight restoring kit to get the headlights back into shape (it works), look on ebay or the dealer for a set of new V badges as you can get all 3 for a surprsingly low price and it is simple to replace them, most will think your windshield sticker is lame - think about removing it, spend 5 hours one weekend washing, claying, polishing, and waxing as black cars look phenominal when detailed, do they same on the wheels...be carefull with holeshots - the difs explode easily, check your stock motor mounts - they are liquid filled and prone to cracking, check the radiator out - they are know to leak, upgraded clutch, short shifter, and axles are good mods to add to your list as soon as you have the cash for them - good luck with it, the V's are amazing cars. Oh - I really do know the V can walk the C350 by over a full second stock, there were numerous other reason I went the route I did - I will not bore you with that...and my brother and I are in the process of completing this car "to go fast"....I know you are not easily impressed, but we are hoping for sub 12 second 1/4 times outta this stroker motor...

OK DJ - I apologize for being a dick, I find it entertaining to get into silly debates on these forums sometimes and unforunately you happened to be the one it happened with this time around...I appreciate you rebuilding this car at your young age and should have provided some potentially positive feedback such as "remove all the VHT, the car will look cleaner and be safer without it, use a $20 3M headlight restoring kit to get the headlights back into shape (it works), look on ebay or the dealer for a set of new V badges as you can get all 3 for a surprsingly low price and it is simple to replace them, most will think your windshield sticker is lame - think about removing it, spend 5 hours one weekend washing, claying, polishing, and waxing as black cars look phenominal when detailed, do they same on the wheels...be carefull with holeshots - the difs explode easily, check your stock motor mounts - they are liquid filled and prone to cracking, check the radiator out - they are know to leak, upgraded clutch, short shifter, and axles are good mods to add to your list as soon as you have the cash for them - good luck with it, the V's are amazing cars. Oh - I really do know the V can walk the C350 by over a full second stock, there were numerous other reason I went the route I did - I will not bore you with that...and my brother and I are in the process of completing this car "to go fast"....I know you are not easily impressed, but we are hoping for sub 12 second 1/4 times outta this stroker motor...
    Cute I guess, next we'll be comparing who's girlfriend (i guess in you're case wife) is hotter?

My company just acquired this bad boy recently, we're told it goes about 11 or 10.5 in the 1/4 mile. Havnt taken it to the track yet. we'll probably go when i get back to school in the fall.

BTW this isnt my garage queen I have another car to brag about which is closer to you're year'ed stroker.
    Attached Images

CADZILA is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2005 V

scattilac.jpg

WTF?? Move that junk to the Wana Bee V forums where it belongs! With the other grandma cars

Aurora40 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '06 CTS-V

I liked the look but curiosity got the best of me and I went ahead and blacked out the whole headlight. THIS WAS A MISTAKE! DONT DO THIS! I could not see anything that night and was only saved by my xenon fogs. The next day I masked off the area of the projector and removed with goo be gone.
    Won't you have the same problem when you need high-beams? Or when you want people behind you to be able to tell you are braking on a sunny day?

Also, what's up with your exhaust in the one picture, was it in the process of being installed? Or does it hang low?

Quote Originally Posted by CADZILA View Post
    WTF?? Move that junk to the Wana Bee V forums where it belongs! With the other grandma cars
    Brilliant post by the one who goes by "Cadzila" hahaha...

Post a pic of your junk - let me guess...based on your cool name it is murdered out with black rims and all, right??? played out.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora40 View Post
    Won't you have the same problem when you need high-beams? Or when you want people behind you to be able to tell you are braking on a sunny day?

Also, what's up with your exhaust in the one picture, was it in the process of being installed? Or does it hang low?
    VHT is made so that it looks black from one side and shines through the other side, like tint on a window. They can see me braking its just slightly darker. I dont care much for using my high beams my xenons will show everything, but if i need to use the HBs they still work you'll still be able to see them its just more dim like the taillights, if i polish them im sure they'll shine through even better.

About the exhaust, thats the way i got the car. I've had it repaired since then. (magnaflows)
    Attached Images

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.