Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Redline V with black chrome stockers

5K views 28 replies 20 participants last post by  JDB 
#1 ·
So the 4-6 week wait is up for my wheels! I went with LA wheel and tire since they have good rep and are close so I didn't have to pay shipping. This is the black winterchrome (PVD with a clearcoat) which is supposed to be quite durable and comes with a 5 year corrosion warranty. I still have a little more to darken up, but this is what she looks like so far. Sitting on the KW set and RE050s, RFT 245/45, 06 center caps and gorilla black chrome locking lugs.

Also, I'm still not sure what to do with the calipers. I planned on having G2 make me up some caliper paint to match the redline, but they said they can't replicate the 3 stage in a 2 part epoxy. Any suggestions? The silver seems to draw on the emblems a bit to not look out of place in person, but I'm just not sure.

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice color.. They look a LOT like mine.. Glossier though being that they're actual chrome.

You could probably get the calipers powder coated to match the redline. Maybe not 100% accurate match, but close enough so that you couldn't tell the difference from a few feet away. I sure as hell wouldn't just paint over the finish that's already on them. I don't think that'd come out very good. If that were my car, I'd probably just leave them as they are.

#3 ·
#5 ·
Thanks Edmund. You're right, the color is very close to yours! About 5 weeks ago I went to the place to have them put samples up to my car so I could see what I liked most. I almost did the pc in a similar color but I thought the chrome would go with my look a little better, I just wish they were the same price! :helpless: The pictures above are shot in slightly overcast weather, they pop out a bit more under direct lighting and I'm really interested to how they look at night.

Cranked, it's technically chrome I guess because it uses chromium but it's not your standard plating. They use a physical vapor deposition process where they (as I understand it) atomize the coating and spray it on to the wheels over and over again to make layers and then clearcoat it, giving you a more durable product than normal chrome. They call it winterchrome where I went.

#7 ·
One of the best Redline's I've see yet.

#8 ·
Thanks! And I can't wait to see how your wheels come out rand49er, July right?

Any opinions on the front end? I'm considering black with both grills, cadillac emblem left alone and maybe the black eyebrow/sprayer mod I've seen on the forums. I'm afraid I'm going to overdo it.

#9 ·
Do you think that shop could do the plastic Cadillac emblems with this process?

#13 ·
That looks good!

x2 on the emblems looking like that.

#16 ·
I'm running the KW V3 coilover set and right about the middle for their suggested ride height adjustments. Also, I think it was $210 a wheel and $95 if you want them to install everything and swap your tire pressure sensors over. Oh, they offer a military discount too if that helps :thumbsup:

#21 ·
First off...Thanks for your service
Secondly...the wheels look great. I'd go with the same black chrome on the grilles/emblems as well. Nice clean subtle look IMO

BTW take it to the track and you can have your calipers gold free of charge ;)

Reactions: jmpumford
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.