Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Wheel Picture Thread

180K views 161 replies 68 participants last post by  AAIIIC 
#1 ·
I did some searching but didnt come up with anything. Lots of the other forums have an "official" picture thread for aftermarket wheels. I couldnt find one for here. Im looking for a thread to help make a wheel selection a little easier.

If you could post a picture of your car with aftermarket wheels. Please post your offset, size (i.e 19x9.5), and tire size. Thanks

#38 ·
I've got a set of STS-V wheels on mine.
In these pictures the tire sizes are 255/40/18 front, 295/30/19 rear. A small spacer is also required to run these up front and in the photo all wheels had spacers. Since I've gotten new tires Discount tire insisted I take out the cheap aluminum spacers on the rears since they fit without them. I'm on the hunt for a quality set of spacers that aren't deemed unsafe. The studs have already been replaced with longer ones.

The 295's have since been replaced with 275/35/19's due to cost, and the fronts are now the stock 245/45/18. If I could do the fronts again I'd have put 245/40's on it to match the rear profile better.

This post has been deleted
#39 ·
Nice set up Bill. How those fit? Any clearance problems?

#41 ·
Thanks, the fronts are 10.5 wide and rears are 11.5 wide. Yes, I will clearance the front wheel openings and need to put an 1/8" spacer behind the wheel to keep the rim from touching the steering knuckle. I have the BMR trailing arms with Hotckis sways in back. The rear wheels clear the sway bar but rub against the parking brake cable and the trailing arms. 1/4" spacer moves the rim off the trailing arm. I have a new set of Map's trailing arms and will test fit those soon. I would like to go with a widebody kit, preferable Zzilla's, if not, then fender flares.

AAIIIC, I would have to measure the offsets and they definately stick out beyond the OEM fenders.

The CTSV is such a pleasure to drive on the road course and quite frankly performs very well with a few bolt-ons and adjustments. This was my second visit to Road America and if you have not been there with your V you are missing the perfect experience with this car.

My first visit, I ran my 2pc rotors with racing pads and almost put the instructors thru the windshield with the aftermarket brakes on Bridgestone RE-11
street tires in OEM size.

I needed to find out how good the OEM brakes are so I swiched to OEM rotors and pads for my second visit. I had to change out the pads by noon the first day and will never go on track again without my brakes that were designed by Bob Finylson at PerformanceAFX. (thanks Bob:thumbsup:)

I will post a link to a video soon.

#43 ·
Those pics you took of my V are better than the guy from the pro photo wagon LOL. Your car is really coming together Bill. Every time I see it you have added more cool stuff. I have tow hook envy right now. Anyway, Road America is the mecca for LS motors and it was a rush walking the Porsche GT3s and M3s down the front straight into turn one. I saw you smoke most guys in your group going into turn one as well. Except, ofcourse, for the Z06s which are just are over the top, and own that track.

#55 ·
GD:what spacer are you running with those STS-V Wheels?? generic or custom made for our hubs?

#64 ·
Hyper Black powder coated finish on stock wheels. First pic is before I put the center caps on.

Sorry for the terrible picture quality, its been raining all day, and I just wanted to post up something, so I used my camera phone. Hopefully I will take better pics this weekend.

Attachments

#67 ·
Brilliant stuff there Bill! Now give those Conti's a work out.

#69 ·
New wheels, 20 inch makaveli's 8.5in wide in the front 10 inch in the rear.
any photos of it not moving hahha.. what tires did you end up with?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.