Wheel Picture Thread - Page 10
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Wheel Picture Thread in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Fap fap fap ForumRunner_20130716_163735.png...
    Manofmetal01 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS-V Kooks 1 7/8, Corsa, KW Var 3, Hotchkis sways

V-twin is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS-V w/ Katech headers, Magnaflow, short shifter

Re: Wheel Picture Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mn800r View Post
    Forgestar 19x9 & 19x10

Quote Originally Posted by Manofmetal01 View Post
    I love the red CTS V with the gunmetal Forgestars. I'm thinking about buying some for mine (don't worry, I'm in AZ so I doubt we'll ever park next to each other).

Do you have any rubbing or fitment issues? My V is still at stock height, but I'd like to bring it down some (maybe .5 to 1.5 inches lower) in the near future, so I don't want to buy wheels that will have problems with lowering. Are you both running H&R springs with MM spacers? Any other mods required (trailing arms/control arms?, etc.)? Did you roll your fenders? Would you recommend these wheels?

Rubbing will be an issue if you don't deal with it. I'm sitting on KWs and had them at their lowest setting, both rears rubbed on the inside fender. Had to raise the rear. That being said I've got stiffer springs as per fuzzys recommendation that I will be installing tomorrow.

I should note that, even though I raised the rear, the springs are still soft enough that some bumps cause rub. And some spirited driving did cause one of my tires to grab a fender, pulled it a lil bit and sliced the tire all the way around. Luckily it didn't blow but it cost me a new tire. So new tire, stiffer springs and inside fender fix tomorrow. I'm hoping I can lower it back down a 1/4" or so in the rear.

Other than all that, effing love the wheels and having 10" in the back. I do notice the difference vs stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Manofmetal01 View Post
    Rubbing will be an issue if you don't deal with it. I'm sitting on KWs and had them at their lowest setting, both rears rubbed on the inside fender. Had to raise the rear. That being said I've got stiffer springs as per fuzzys recommendation that I will be installing tomorrow.

I should note that, even though I raised the rear, the springs are still soft enough that some bumps cause rub. And some spirited driving did cause one of my tires to grab a fender, pulled it a lil bit and sliced the tire all the way around. Luckily it didn't blow but it cost me a new tire. So new tire, stiffer springs and inside fender fix tomorrow. I'm hoping I can lower it back down a 1/4" or so in the rear.

Other than all that, effing love the wheels and having 10" in the back. I do notice the difference vs stock.
    Thanks for the reply. Do you have any rubbing in front? It looks like you're pretty low... do you have any idea how much lower than stock you are?

I'll pose the question to everyone else with the Forgestar F14 wheels, too. Any rubbing at stock height or slightly (1" or so) lowered?

Mn800r is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 11 V Coupe, 05 V Mod'd, 91 Fatboy,98 Ultra classic, 07 Tahoe

I'm not going to go into any long speach on how f***ed these rims were spec'd out. Bottom line is if you want to look cool and putt around like you got a 4cycl. Buy them. If you want to drive the way the car was designed then don't. I'm contiplating selling and going back to stock so I can drive the car prior. Yes I've done spacers and adjustments,still rubs(scratched up side walls look like chit) in hard corners, $250 a hoop and it gets old real fast.

Thanks for the bottom line answer. That's what I was looking for. I've done that on other cars, cut up wheel wells and rolled fenders, trying to fit wheels/tires that were too big. I don't want the hassle with this one. Your car looks awesome, but I'd rather be able to drive it without worrying about rubbing or blowing out a tire.

Can you recommend a width/backspacing that works (other than stock)?

citationtech is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Team Dynamics 18x9 in flat black, no center caps. Tires are Toyo Proxes in 275/35. Roads are salty so driveway pictures are all I have for now.
    1509186_10202494157051094_1966974964_n.jpg
    1510872_10202494157611108_2005065130_n.jpg
    1524799_10202494159331151_1169838385_n.jpg

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

I'm not going to go into any long speach on how f***ed these rims were spec'd out. Bottom line is if you want to look cool and putt around like you got a 4cycl. Buy them. If you want to drive the way the car was designed then don't. I'm contiplating selling and going back to stock so I can drive the car prior. Yes I've done spacers and adjustments,still rubs(scratched up side walls look like chit) in hard corners, $250 a hoop and it gets old real fast.
    For the sake of others reading this thread in the future, I think it's worth nothing that there are a number of other folks running the Forgestars who don't have all of these fitment issues. I'm not sure what the issue is - alignment and ride height, perhaps?

Linea Corse Venetos, "hyper silver", 19x8.5"/10", 245/40-19s up front, 275/35-19s in the rear. Car is lowered ~1-1.5" on KW coilovers.

Mille Miglia wheels, long discontinued. 18x8" +38mm (as I recall), stock suspension, stock tire size. These were on the car, with snow tires mounted , when I bought it used in the summer of 2007.

GM Accessory wheels, same specs as stock (18x8.5" +42mm), stock suspension, stock tire size:

Rota Torques, "hyper black", same specs as stock (18x8.5" +42mm) with stock tire size, stock suspension:

Same wheels, lowered on the KW coilovers. Car was filthy after a track event (note the front wheels aren't as blingy as the rears due to all the brake dust):

Ikera likes this.
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

FuzzyLogic is offline Banned

It's probably better if you sell them. We all tried, but apparently your bullheadedness can't be fixed. More info:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...l#post10500353

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Linea Corse LC855s, 19x8.5/10", not sure on suspension mods and tire sizes since this isn't my car:

Another car, same style of wheels:

And another:

IMHO, Rand49er has the sexiest V with LC855s.

JD03Cobra is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 Platinum CTS V

Agreed and they look way better in person!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyLogic View Post
    IMHO, Rand49er has the sexiest V with LC855s.

----------

And Lollygagger8 Forgestar wheels. Love em.

BassHead1237 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, headers, Corsa exhaust, UUC short shifter

Just got my V a week ago and love it. Previous owner put MHT Monotec T03 20" rims and I really dig them. Hope I don't dent em cuz I do not want to pay for a replacement!badillac 04-26-10.jpg

Have any more pictures? I'd love to see more of that Extreme Composites hood.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.