Chrome OEM 7 spoke rims
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Chrome OEM 7 spoke rims in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Anyone have a set of chrome OEM 7 spoke rims that you would like to sell? Have been on the ...
    racebyu is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V, 500HP+ 99 Vette

Chrome OEM 7 spoke rims

Anyone have a set of chrome OEM 7 spoke rims that you would like to sell?
    Have been on the outlook for a set this spring anyone willing to part with
    a set shoot me a PM?

Thanks,
    Greg

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Re: Chrome OEM 7 spoke rims

That's funny ... I've got a set of OEM rims that I want to get chromed this spring.

JD03Cobra found a set from some guy in Oregon, took a chance (being that it's over 3k km away), bought them, and they're gorgeous. Maybe he'll see this and post up some pics.

Are you looking to have a separate set of wheels? If you were thinking of getting your OEMs done, JD03Cobra's buddy (Steve?) says the Corvette guys use a place in California that they all swear by for doing chrome. Personally, I'd prefer to find someome local to avoid shipping charges, but I want it done right, too.

Greg, what color is your car?
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

My car is silver in color, was looking for a newer set for spring time as drive this
    set thru the winter and they have a few nicks and peeling a bit.
    I have a place that will do the chrome if needed thats local to me near Toronto
    but they charge around $800 for a set.

Might also look at the STS-V chrome rims (need spacers?) or even the GM accessory version.

Quote Originally Posted by racebyu View Post
    ... around $800 for a set.

Might also look at the STS-V chrome rims (need spacers?) ...
    Yeah, I'm prepared to pay that or maybe a bit more IF I can be certain it will be a good job, i.e. they'd hold up so if I ever got the urge to sell them in the future, I wouldn't lose too much.

Not sure which spacers you'd need to use STS-V wheels (it's been posted several times, I've just never committed the dimension to memory), but depending on the size of the spacer required you may need to install longer lugs as well, then if you want to go back to your OEM set, you've got a problem. I'm trying to stay away from such complications.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

I heard the studs needed to be changed to a longer version and have the part numbers but did
    not think that you could not put back on the original rims? Would the stud just not stick out a
    bit further through the rim holes?

Quote Originally Posted by racebyu View Post
    I heard the studs needed to be changed to a longer version and have the part numbers but did
    not think that you could not put back on the original rims? Would the stud just not stick out a
    bit further through the rim holes?
    Don't have personal experience here ... guess I was thinking that if the replacement studs are too long, the lug nuts wouldn't seat on the rim before they bottomed out. Depends how thick the spacer is then how long the studs would have to be. Maybe there's a compromise stud length available that would work.

Back on the chrome plating thing, I've been trying to learn a bit more about the PVD (physical vacuum deposition) chrome plating method versus the traditional method. The PVD proponents claim no cracking and peeling and some give five-year warranties. Here's one local-to-me place I'm considering: http://www.uswheelexchange.com/

UnsafeAtAnySpd is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '04 CTS-V, '07 SRT8 Jeep, '86 Fiero

If your lugnuts are open, it wouldn't be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by UnsafeAtAnySpd View Post
    If your lugnuts are open, it wouldn't be a problem.
    Good point.

I've got two sets, and neither one is open.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.