Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Custom cts Hoodliner - group buy feeler

9K views 34 replies 20 participants last post by  6 SPEED Z 
#1 ·
hey guys, im trying to get a group buy set up for a custom hood liner.
from what i have seen it looks like a wetsuit material and it is fire retardant, it form fits to your hood using spray glue(glue not included) then you use your hood liner push tabs to secure it.
the guy that makes them has done a few on the jaguar forum and they look great.
he can also do trunk liners.
here is the jag one he made

here is the thread in the CTS section because my car is not blessed with a extra 2 cylinders lol
more info in this thread
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forum...219862-custom-hoodliner-group-buy-feeler.html

See less See more
#2 ·
I would be interested if he would be wiling to make some with the "V" logo - rather than the Caddy wreath.

#3 ·
he can put any logo on it you want. im not sure you may have to email him the picture.
check out his site and the other ones hes done
http://hoodliners.blogspot.com/

this is the message he sent me for pricing.
if you are close to someone else ordering you can save on shipping by putting 2 on the same order.

here is what he messaged me about pricing, i think its fairly reasonable.
------------------------------------
Hi Mike,

Liners are usually $85, $95 to $105 if they're larger. Most likely it would be $85. For group buys I can offer a $20 discount to make them $65 to $75. Decals are still $15 each, and Priority Mail shipping for one liner is $13 in the USA, $23 to Canada. I can fit 2 liners in each box, for an extra $6 shipping.

Thanks!!

#4 ·
#7 ·
those are cloth and embroidered,these are flame retardant and i think they are comparable to wetsuit material...its aircraft firewall material according to his site.

#10 ·
If we go forward with this - it will be fun to provide input on the decal. I'd love to see a full-color "V", just like the badges on the car.

#14 ·
his prices do appear to be extremely reasonable. i knew you V guys would be into this because you all love to show off your engines...hell i dont blame ya.
there is a little interest in the CTS section, and i bet there would be a lot in the other V series sections as well, but i havent posted there.
i sent him the link to this thread, he hasnt replied yet but usually gets back to me within a couple days.

azn2 - for the trunkliner you will have to give him measurements, he will email you (or me) his process of what he needs measured, i was thinking of getting a trunk liner too but havent decided yet.

i cant wait to get this thing ordered and installed.
where is Jon? he would probably be into this.

#16 ·
tommy ill give you his measurement requirements as soon as he emails them to me. i havent seen them but it sounds like he doesnt need a template. im going to guess and say he uses the same computerized machine to cut the liners that tint shops use to cut teh tint, and he uses to cut the logo that goes on the liner.
if desired since your hood is shaped different you can have him make it a little bigger then you can trim it to how you like.

tommy i was going to message you about the 03 and the STB.. i think i remember reading the 03 hood skeleton is different..could i trim sections out to make a stb fit or was it that the 3.2 sits too high and rubs on the STB?

#19 ·
hey guys, apparently his email to me went into my junk mailbox, here is what he sent me.
anyone want to make the CTS template?
i was flipping through *************** and basically what he does is you just call him and quote the prices he gave me and then you are off to the races.

his logos can only be 1 color unfortunately. he sent me 3 cadillac ones. 1 is just a cadillac script, one is just "CTS" and the other is a more classic logo.
im going to get the newer style cadillac emblem on mine, does anyone have a large jpg of one?

------------------------------------------------------
Here's the procedure for sending me a template from an original Cadillac liner:

Remember that for correct and proper installation the hood MUST come off the car for installation and 3M #80 spray adhesive found at the Home Depot is what holds it in. Removing the hood, installing the liner and decals and putting it back on the car isn't as hard as most people think. Remember that my aircraft material liner is far superior to the original stock liner and it will NOT reflect heat back towards your intake.

It's very easy to make a template if you have the original hood liner from your car. All you really need is a vinyl shower curtain from a dollar store and a black Sharpie marker.

Lay the shower curtain out flat on a large work table or surface; a couple of
sawhorses and a large piece of plywood works good too. Lay the original
hoodliner on the shower curtain and then weigh it down with something heavy
so it doesn't move. Some weights from barbells will do the trick if you have some of those. Try not to cover the mounting holes (if you have those) because those will have to be indicated.

With the black Sharpie fine point just trace around the edges of the original liner-you can use your free hand to press down the liner edge as you trace around. Indicate the mounting holes and any light cut-out if you have them. When you're done just lift off the weights and the liner, and the pattern will be done. Don't worry if the curtain gets dirty, and you won't need to cut it - I can do that here. All I really need is the outline shape, the mounting hole locations and the light cut-out. If you can, write down the year, make and model of your car onto the curtain - anywhere is fine. Then just mail the shower curtain to me and I'll take care of the rest! Regular 1st Class mail is fine, no need for Priority on your end - I WILL send your completed aircraft material liner and decal via Priority.

I'm at:

Gonzalo Duque
Gonzo Productions
333 S. Dobson St.
Westland, MI 48186-8405

If you can either send me large jpegs or point me in the right direction where I can see the logos the Cadillac owners would want that would be great. Remember I can do them only in one solid color as I'm not set up for multi-color.

Attached here are a couple of examples of the Cadillac logos I can make. I don't have the wreath logo yet because I need a fairly large jpeg to make a decal out of it.

Thanks again and give me a call if you have any questions!

Gonzalo Duque "Gonzo"
tbirddmnd@att.net
734-637-8596 (AT&T cell)
http://hoodliners.blogspot.com

#20 ·
If you did one solid color, is there a method whereby a guy could color it himself, like with DupliColor and masking tape or something? Wouldn't want it to look too ghetto, though.

Otherwise, I'm liking those pricey ones on that carmotorsports link posted by nikon.

#21 ·
his machine is only set up for single color but i bet if you made the jpg files of the shapes and sizes of the logo you want he would be able to cut it.
i think that the logo is vynal, usually that is what is used on applications like this...but i could be wrong. best thing to do is contact him to be sure.

#28 ·
LOOks sick... almost like a flag in the wind..

:pop2: on what these look like finished

#26 ·
my money got distracted with my eibach project, once the template is made and he is able to make them ill probably be ready to buy.

#31 ·
So I was going to send Gonzo my liner today, but when I took it off, I discovered what the underside of the hood looks like. Since his liner is designed to stick directly to the surface, I'm not sure it'll look good. Check out the surface, imagine it covered by a liner, and let me know if you'd still order one.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.