Spent Sunday afternoon with the Zaino Brothers
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Spent Sunday afternoon with the Zaino Brothers in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Being a little depressed over football, I spent 6 hours in the garage yesterday with various Zaino Bros. car care ...
    V-Guy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V, Raven/Ebony; Harley Fatboy; Harley Ultra-Classic

Spent Sunday afternoon with the Zaino Brothers

Being a little depressed over football, I spent 6 hours in the garage yesterday with various Zaino Bros. car care products - including their Z2 and Z5 show car polishes and ZCS clear seal. I think it turned out pretty well - just in time to take it out and drive it in the snow. LOL

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Andringa is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Blk/Blk

Re: Spent Sunday afternoon with the Zaino Brothers

It sucks being reminded of what my V should look like instead of covered in road salt. Car looks really nice.

FYI using image tags make it a lot easier to browse posts with pictures. (Pics from V-Guy's post)

Hey, thanks!! I need to figure that out - sometimes my pics show up in the post, sometimes just the link.

jcollege is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Raven CTS-V

Looks great, my V is away for the winter. The Zaino bros. may need to pay her a visit.

CancerJCC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04' Blown CTS-V 554rwhp 497rwtq

Quote Originally Posted by V-Guy View Post
    Hey, thanks!! I need to figure that out - sometimes my pics show up in the post, sometimes just the link.
    Add image tags around the pic web address. For your first pic it would be [IMG]REMOVEhttp://http://www.cadillacforums.com...s-dscn0819.jpgREMOVE[/IMG]

Take out the words REMOVE.

Looks good btw!

Got it! Thanks!!

MikeV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '05 Redline CTS-V

Looks great. I used to be a huge zaino fan but just somehow got away from it over the years. Recently I got turned on to Meguiars NXT Tech Wax 2.0 (what a name!) It's a polymer polish like Z and to me it is VERY similar in deepness of the shine and endurance. Their quick detailer is also very similar to Z6. I also found their ScratchX 2.0 to be amazing. Overall I just really like Meguiars products right now. Work the same, more readily available and cheaper than Z.

deedubb is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): E85 Powered - Maggie'd V

Looks great....and assuming on your location, I'm very depressed about the Colts too

Yeah, I really like Meguiars too. I just read so many rave reveiws for Zaino Bros. on the net among professional detailers that I had to check it out! Now I'm hooked. The fact that you can apply multiple coats of polish right on top of each other with their ZFX "cure accelerator" is great - although it's a little addicting. Good thing I have stereo and a beer fridge in the garage!

Quote Originally Posted by deedubb View Post
    Looks great....and assuming on your location, I'm very depressed about the Colts too
    That's exactly the reason I spent 6 hours in the garage on Sunday - detailing the V is one of the few cures for football depression that works for me.

mberisha is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '11 Black Escalade AWD & '06 Black CTS-V

That's exactly the reason I spent 6 hours in the garage on Sunday - detailing the V is one of the few cures for football depression that works for me.
    LOOKS GREAT....and even sharper with the contrast of the snow in the background....

BTW....how did you apply the ZCS and how much did you use? When I used it last summer I wasn't to thrilled with it...but I think I may have applied it wrong....any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by mberisha View Post
    LOOKS GREAT....and even sharper with the contrast of the snow in the background....

BTW....how did you apply the ZCS and how much did you use? When I used it last summer I wasn't to thrilled with it...but I think I may have applied it wrong....any thoughts?
    I had a little trouble with it too. Just did the hood the first time I tried it, and I think I put too much on the applicator - it just wouldn't seem to dry in some places. So I got Dawn back out and washed it off, then started over using VERY small amounts. That seemed to work pretty well.

But to be honest, as well as the polishes and the Z8 Grand Finale spray work, I'm not sure I'm going to use the ZCS any more.

Have you used the Perfect Tire Gloss and Leather in a Bottle yet?? Killer. Love them both.

cmiller is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS-V Raven

what are you guys using to apply these products? by hand, circular or random orbital polisher, buffer?

Any advice is appreciated, I am considering buying the appropriate tools and products to do this myself, I currently pay a guy down the street but I could save a lot of $$$ if I do it myself.

Zaino says that their products can be applied by hand or with an orbital buffer. I have just applied them by hand with the applicator that comes with their polishes and buffed the car with a white, borderless 100% cotton towel - as recommended by Zaino. What I really like about their products is that the polishes dry completely rather quickly and buff off easily without any residue. As they recommend, I use their Z6 cleaner between each coat of polish to remove any "dust" from the polish. You can (and should) put up to 3 coats of polish on the car in a 24-hour period. They sell a ""cure accelerator" with their polishes that allows each coat of polish to form a molecular bond with the previous coat and you can put one coat of polish on right after buffing off the previous coat - with no waiting. It's pretty cool - each coat makes the shine get a lot deeper and glossier. It's also pretty addicting - once you get into it and see the car take on that "liquid" look.

geesh, I sound like a salesman. No association with Zaino - I promise.

Here's a link with more info: http://www.zainostore.com/ (I sent them pictures and really hoped they'd put my car into the "testimonials" section - but no such luck. LOL)

mberisha is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '11 Black Escalade AWD & '06 Black CTS-V

I had a little trouble with it too. Just did the hood the first time I tried it, and I think I put too much on the applicator - it just wouldn't seem to dry in some places. So I got Dawn back out and washed it off, then started over using VERY small amounts. That seemed to work pretty well.

But to be honest, as well as the polishes and the Z8 Grand Finale spray work, I'm not sure I'm going to use the ZCS any more.

Have you used the Perfect Tire Gloss and Leather in a Bottle yet?? Killer. Love them both.
    I agree.....I don't think I have the skill or patience to apply the ZCS.....sticking with Z2/Z6 & Z8!

Also......the Tire Gloss is the BEST I've ever used....and NO sling at highway speeds! However....once the weather breaks...I'll see if I get and sling at AutoBahn speeds!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.