Pics of my car
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Pics of my car in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I've been meaning to get some pictures up of my car for quite some time now. It's an 05 with ...
    junoreactor is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 Maggied CTS-V

Pics of my car

I've been meaning to get some pictures up of my car for quite some time now. It's an 05 with a Maggie. The first pictures are just after I got my car back from being detailed. I had taken off my Hyper Black Venetos just a few days prior and put on my powdercoated stockers for winter use. The exhaust is a Borla catback incase anyone wonders. Obviously you can tell that I am no professional photographer and will never pretend to be one

These two pics you can get a good idea of what the clear eBay fogs look like on a Raven V. You can kind of see in the pics that the bumper looks a little banged up from road debris. Kinda looks like it got shot with a shotgun actually. The detailing made it look much more noticable than before when it was dirty/unwaxed. Hopefully in the spring I'll get the front bumper repainted and I'm thinking of blacking out the chrome around the grill and having some eyelids too. Also upcoming is powdercoating the calipers. I put on some brake caliper paint but the stuff is chipping off slowly.

Here's the standard shot of the engine bay here. It's kind of dirty now because PA loves to salt our roads until they resemble the Bonneville salt flats.

Next up some interior shots.

First up is one of my pillars. It's been fiberglassed to hold Morel Supremo components (mids in the doors, so nothing to photograph there). The pillar is also holding an AEM Boost gauge as well as AFR gauge.

This pic shows my TWM Performance shift knob as well as the control module for my Audison BitOne audio processor.

Pop down the ashtray and I have my module that controls my Zapco 9.0 powering my subs. It shows amp temp, rail voltages, battery voltage, sub output lvl, turn on delay, etc.

The BitOne is flushed into a panel behind the rear seats. It's covered in carpet to blend into the carpet on the back of the seats.

Behind that panel lies my amp rack that's housing a small spare battery, crossovers, wiring, etc. The rack is really sturdy as it's welded all together. The onstar and factory amp were swung down and attached to the wheel wells because the fiberglass sub boxes take up all available room on the sides.

In the trunk I've got a Zapco 9.0 for the subs and a 4.0 for the components up front. The subs are Morel Ultimo 12". They are really transparent subs, very controlled and smooth sounding. They can get pretty loud, but not so boomy as to sound like ass. The panels are vinyl wrapped so they match the factory leather inside the cabin and the trim panel in the center is suede. I can still retain use of my spare tire well too.

My audio system was planned and installed by Jason at Audioriginals in Bloomsburg, PA. I can't thank him enough for the work. It really makes my long commute to work a breeze.

Any questions or feedback (good or bad) feel free to have at it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

WakikiVee is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Platinum CTS-V

Re: Pics of my car

Maybe one of the best looking and best planned out V's I have seen. Audio system is beautiful! Congrats and very nice job.

Zo6PwRd Guest

Like everything except those humongous coffee can exhaust tips. Look too much like fart cannons to me. Audio sysem looks nicely done. OH and id paint whatever that is in the lower front bumper black(what is it anyways?)

jcollege is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Raven CTS-V

Wow man your car looks awesome, and that system...amazing! Nice work adn great planning with your V!

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Okay, here's the obligatory, "Very nice looking car!"

Now that I've said that, let me suggest you paint the intercooler reservoir and heat exchanger. Dang thing sticks right out there forcing you to look at it.

Oh, btw, VERY nice looking car!
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

BadVMan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac V BAd BOy

I like it man, nice ride! I like that gauge pod too ! Do you guys know anyone who offers the standard single or dual gauge pods for our V's or do we have to custom make them?

Thanks guys. I agree the reservoir would look nice being black. What kind of paint would I go about using on that and the heat exchanger that wouldn't mess up the cooling ability of it? Is powdercoating of the reservoir an option as well?

shadybx7 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Platinum CTS V-Headers+3in pipes

very NICE.. System looks killer

Quote Originally Posted by BadVMan View Post
    I like it man, nice ride! I like that gauge pod too ! Do you guys know anyone who offers the standard single or dual gauge pods for our V's or do we have to custom make them?
    gotta go custom .. nothing is built cts specific.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...-trim-diy.html

Roidz24 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS V

Nice man. The system looks awesome.

06BlackonBlackCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Thumbs up Re: Pics of my car

Very Nice, i see your pillars are black, did you do the roof as well? If so can you post some pics of it. Great sound system and I love the exhaust.

I guess I forgot to take a picture of the interior pillars. The center and rear pillars are wrapped in suede to match the seat inserts. The front two pillars are done in a black flocking. I would like to have done suede but the pillar with the gauge pods has some serious curves in it and there was no way the suede would stretch to hug the curves and look good at the same time. Actually all of the pillars blend together really well despite the difference in materials. Upon casual looking you'd be hard pressed to notice a difference until you really look at it. I left the roof the factory color because if it's all blacked out it changes the feel of the interior. Having the light color roof gives you a feeling of a roomier interior, a trick on the senses basically. Several of my friends commented that blacking the pillars from the factory color really makes the car much nicer looking and I'd agree. I'll try to remember to get some pics in daylight tomorrow; I don't have the car with me tonight.

Thanks for the comments!

jmpumford is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Maggied CTS-V

Looks great!

Besides what others have said, I would suggest swapping the bulbs in your clear ebay set. I put some chromed ones in mine so they still shine amber but don't show any amber when they are off (I disabled my DRL)

I plan on doing the full LED treatment inside and somewhat outside. But I'm spending $50 every 3 days on gas until I get retuned so I need to fill up the mod fund a bit first. Isn't it about 200 or so to do all the lights? I'll be skipping LEDs in the stop lamps because they are buried under my subwoofer enclosures; I hope the stock ones never fail LOL. I think in a previous car I used those signal bulbs like you mentioned that don't look amber until lit. I forgot about those. Thanks for reminding me

WakikiVee is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Platinum CTS-V

Hey Juno, what suspension setup you running? Looks good.

Black Sunshine is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS-V

VERY nice job on the interior and stereo. Kudos.

Bulbs: http://www.stealthauto.com/Products/...ALTHBULBS.aspx

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.