new to board/need some info
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, new to board/need some info in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; im new to this board...i own a 2005 cts-v an im trying to get some cheap rims so i can ...
    bigvin4 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

new to board/need some info

im new to this board...i own a 2005 cts-v an im trying to get some cheap rims so i can put some mickey thompsons on for when i go to the track..i only need 2 rims..i was looking for something similar to the stock ones or even maybe if someone has a couple stock ones they wanna get rid of.. heres my mods incase anyone was interested as to what i have done

Magnuson MP112 intercooled superchager unit
    -internal bypass valve
    -fuel injectors
    -aluminum fuel rails
    -fuel regulator adapter
    -reduced pulley 2.6
    -oil cooling unit with pump
    VRX2 custom blower camshaft from vengeance racing
    224/228 .581/.588 114 LSa. 1600-6600rpm power band
    TEA.650 lift dual gold springs
    COMP. 7.400 hardened push rods
    NGK TR6 spark plugs
    Kooks 1 7/8 headers with catted connection pipes
    Magnaflow cat-back exhaust system
    K&N cold air intake
    LS2timing chain
    Melling high volume oil pump
    Textralia OZ700 series clutch kit
    Katech billet spacer
    GM slave cylinder
    ported throttle body(custom vengeance racing)
    ground control coil overs
    BRM anti wheel hop bar
    Brembo drilled and slotted brake rotors
    Vengeance racing custom programming

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Re: new to board/need some info

You might be able to pick up some OEM wheels that are in cosmetically rough shape on eBay, in the classifieds here, or possibly in craigslist, or you can call Luke Butler at Lindsay Cadillac (look for ad on right side of screen) for some track wheels. Those are probably your best two options.

Uh-h ... nice mods.

thanks man....i just ordered a short throw shifter an a 100 shot zex wet nitrous kit as well....

Black Sunshine is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by bigvin4 View Post
    just ordered a..... 100 shot zex wet nitrous kit as well....
    Why? Did V do the bottom end, too?

ROG
    ROG is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Infrared CTS-V

That sounds like Cowan's car.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Sunshine View Post
    Why? Did V do the bottom end, too?
    a shop down here in florida that does alot of work on vettes told me that the LS6 motor can easily hold a 100 shot...is that wrong?

a shop down here in florida that does alot of work on vettes told me that the LS6 motor can easily hold a 100 shot...is that wrong?
    Not a problem for an othewise stock motor. But, with a maggie, too, I would hesitate to say "the LS6 can easily hold" it.

Make sure you post back up here how that worked out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post
    Not a problem for an othewise stock motor. But, with a maggie, too, I would hesitate to say "the LS6 can easily hold" it.

Make sure you post back up here how that worked out for you.
    are u being sarcastic cause u know i will blow my motor? if so then why not say that..if i have to build my bottom end 1st i will do that..i was just told i didnt have to is all....

Black Sunshine is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS-V

are u being sarcastic cause u know i will blow my motor? if so then why not say that..if i have to build my bottom end 1st i will do that..i was just told i didnt have to is all....
    OK, I'll take a minute to 'splain some things.

Rand isn't known for being sarcastic about subjects as serious as this (unless you're asking for it).

Building a system while increasing horsepower by just slapping parts on a car will eventually challenge any strategy once the weak link in the system is "discovered" and you start to break parts. The LS6 block seems to be every bit as strong as the LT1's I am VERY familiar with. And I've seen amazing things done with both. But, I've also bent a I-beam rod once just by suffering one backfire with a Maggie blowing 8 psi in a parking lot. You never know.

You don't mention the mileage of your car. That # should be the first guide to whether you should build the bottom. Next would be how hard do you plan to push the Maggie. Finally, how hard do you plan to push a SECOND power adder (nitrous).

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

im new to this board...i own a 2005 cts-v an im trying to get some cheap rims so i can put some mickey thompsons on for when i go to the track..i only need 2 rims..i was looking for something similar to the stock ones or even maybe if someone has a couple stock ones they wanna get rid of.. heres my mods incase anyone was interested as to what i have done
    Have fun scattering your diff all over the start line. Make sure you tell the guys staged behind you not to get too close, and that they should go ahead and shut their engines off because it's going to take a while to clean up your mess.
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

No sarcasm in my comment. (Thanks, Gene.)

A maggie alone, and you'd be okay. A 100-shot nitrous, same thing. Taken together and you're close to (if not over) the point where breakage can occur. I say "can occur" because for short bursts, you may get away with it many times over, and each time your motor will live to see another day. A full 12 seconds (say down a 1/4 mile strip) of it and you're pushing it ... multiple times down the 1/4 mile and all bets are off.

When I said, "Make sure you post back up here how that worked out for you," we would all like to know if you were successful, because very few of us have done what you said you intended to do. If you're successful, we'd like to hear it. If not successful, our morbid side kicks in and we'd like to see the carnage.

It's all good.

Which shifter did you get?

i ended up getting the B&M short throw....also thanks for the info, i would have just taken the guys word at the shop an had blown my motor..so instead im gonna get the bottom end built then install the nitrous kit...i rarely drive the car..maybe put 50 miles a week on it an sometimes it doesnt even leave my garage during a week..does anyone on here know of any good shops down here in tampa florida area?i just moved here from NY so i dont really have a clue whos good an whos not..

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.