Bumper Slitters
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Bumper Slitters in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I mean bumper "Splitters" So I like the bumper accents on the new CTS-V's so I decided to put some ...
    azn2dmax is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac Escalade (HERS) 2004 Cadillac CTS-V (HIS)

Bumper Slitters

I mean bumper "Splitters"

So I like the bumper accents on the new CTS-V's so I decided to put some on mine. Sorta... It adds a lot to the front in my opinion and looks a little more aggressive. Opinions positive and negative. LOL

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

calidave is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Re: Bumper Slitters

Sorry, not my thing. Just makes the front end easier to scrape.

Houdini is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V 6MT, 2007 CTS-V (Sold)

Looks good... I like it.

Dan_Gurney is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 - CTS-V

not bad, i think i would scrape it too much though

AAIIIC is offline Moderator

The mysterious 3hr double post.
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

AAIIIC is offline Moderator

They don't look like they belong. If they continued back to the front edge of the wheel well they wouldn't look as bad, I think, but as it is now they just look out of place.

What are they?
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

Aurora40 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '06 CTS-V

Yeah, I really like the idea of what you are going for. But those look just wedged in there. I also really dig the splitter on the V2, and think some kind of splitter extension on the V1 would look good. Personally I'd think it should curve up over the existing splitter a little, just so it looks more integrated. I like what you did though, it's just not quite 100% there yet.

verywhitedevil is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS V

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora40 View Post
    Yeah, I really like the idea of what you are going for. But those look just wedged in there. I also really dig the splitter on the V2, and think some kind of splitter extension on the V1 would look good. Personally I'd think it should curve up over the existing splitter a little, just so it looks more integrated. I like what you did though, it's just not quite 100% there yet.
    i agree with Aurora40.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

It's been done before, and very well, I might add. I used to have pics and part numbers of what was done and never got around to it. Those don't look too bad...

-- We miss you, JD (Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    It's been done before, and very well, I might add. I used to have pics and part numbers of what was done and never got around to it. Those don't look too bad...
    Is it something you can find again?

Or can you at least tell us where your V2 is parked, and when you'll be out of town next?

Is it something you can find again?

Or can you at least tell us where your V2 is parked, and when you'll be out of town next?
    I am still trying to find pics and, unfortunately, homer didn't come back to post. But here...

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...-splitter.html

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    I am still trying to find pics and, unfortunately, homer didn't come back to post. But here...

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...-splitter.html
    Cool, thanks for looking it up! Are the universal splitters you posted the link to the same ones that Homer used to such acclaim? It wasn't clear to me from reading the thread what exactly he used, just that they looked good and held up well.

azn2dmax is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac Escalade (HERS) 2004 Cadillac CTS-V (HIS)

I actually got mine off of eBay. They came $50 shipped and it's ABS plastic. It's not a direct fit. You have to cut off a little bit of the inside by the tire. I guess I could have used the piece I cut off to extend all the way back to the wheel well. It's not finish by any means. I will finish it and post more pics during the process. Thanks for all of the inputs!!!

Cool, thanks for looking it up! Are the universal splitters you posted the link to the same ones that Homer used to such acclaim? It wasn't clear to me from reading the thread what exactly he used, just that they looked good and held up well.
    Yep, those are the ones homer used. He made it sound like the trimming was pretty easy to do. If that meant for him or a professional, I'm not sure. But they did look really, really good...

Junior1 is offline Cadillac Owners Racer
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V Racecar, 2011 Escalade ESV

As per an earlier thread, APR Performance can do a custom carbon fiber splitter with full tray & support rods. Just trace out the bumper on cardboard and send it...
    2005 cadillac cts-v racecar #83 nasa st3 . 2011 escalade esv . 2011 sierra denali

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.