For those who have the DDM HID Fogs...
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, For those who have the DDM HID Fogs... in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I plan to order the HID kit from DDM for my foglights. I'm going with the 55 watt, H10 bulb ...
    CI-V-IL is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 Raven Black CTS-V

For those who have the DDM HID Fogs...

I plan to order the HID kit from DDM for my foglights. I'm going with the 55 watt, H10 bulb at 4500k. My question is, will I need the optional HID harness, error eliminators, or adapter cables? Sorry if this is repetitive, but I couldnt find the answer when searching.

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Andringa is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Blk/Blk

Re: For those who have the DDM HID Fogs...

I have the DDM 35W kit, and I just ordered the normal kit, no optional add ons it works great.

EdmundGTP is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Andringa View Post
    I have the DDM 35W kit, and I just ordered the normal kit, no optional add ons it works great.
    I did the same. If your fog light lenses aren't tinted you'll get more than adequate output form 35W lamps down there.

Chris0nllyn is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

When running the 55w I'd get the relay harness from DDM. 55w ballasts are fincky on stock wiring. Sometimes they dont want to fire, sometimes they flicker also. If you REALLY want the 55w I'd get the relay harness. Might as well do it right the first time.

CI-V-IL is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 Raven Black CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0nllyn View Post
    When running the 55w I'd get the relay harness from DDM. 55w ballasts are fincky on stock wiring. Sometimes they dont want to fire, sometimes they flicker also. If you REALLY want the 55w I'd get the relay harness. Might as well do it right the first time.
    I went ahead and ordered the 35 watt kit. It seemed to be the general consensus. Thanks for the input though.

cmiller is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS-V Raven

what color is closest to the factory headlights? I thought I read somewhere that the headlights are 4300K? Does that mean that the 4500K fogs will be the closest match or has someone used a different bulb that is closer?

branland is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V SC

I have the 35W 8K no adapters needed. You have to plug ithe connector in backwards to get it to work. People flash me all the time with the 35w 8k.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

I've gotta do this.

Hey, dumb question, here: Is there a way to have both the high beams on AND the HID fogs at the same time?
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

shadybx7 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Platinum CTS V-Headers+3in pipes

DDM 55watt 8k .. no flickering; no extra heat; no hesitation after over a year or regular use..

Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post
    I've gotta do this.

Hey, dumb question, here: Is there a way to have both the high beams on AND the HID fogs at the same time?
    not without some rewiring..

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.