Cadillac Owners Forum banner

My V is getting darker and darker....

2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  calidave 
#1 ·
Finished the wheels over the weekend. Next weekend will be lowering, then following week headers/cam. Should be fun!

See less See more
#8 ·
I painted them, just make sure and do a good deep sanding on the wheels (all corners and crease's). I have painted numerous wheels in the past and have had ZERO flaking issue's. If you think about it most OEM wheels are painted in some fashion.

#7 ·
Thanks fella's!

Yeah, I just finished waxing it, tire shine the whole nine AND it was late in the afternoon (gets dark at 5pm now) when I took those pics. So it tends to look a little dark but honestly I think it looks 100% better in person.

I used PPG Cosmos Black (BMW M roadster color) on the wheels/grills. I started with 220 grit then worked to 400 grit, shot 3 coats of etching primer (greenish). Then lightly sanded and shot 3 coats of cosmos black, then followed with 3 coats of clear. I have not wet sanded the wheels yet, but look pretty good. I really like the high gloss black on the wheels, looks very dark.

On the len's I used same paint, just diluted 3/1 but have not cleared the tailights due to not knowing how dark/light they were going to turnout. But the weird thing is I kinda dig the satin finish on the tail lamps. Kinda breaks it up a bit and looks good so I might not clear the lamps until I get my hands on some satin clear.

I appreciate the compliments, and do plan on lowering this comming weekend. But can't wait until I get time to install the MS3 cam and PS Long Tubes. :)

#10 ·
For some reason, the blacked-out look has never appealed to me.

Until now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.