My new TWM Performance Shift Knob - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, My new TWM Performance Shift Knob in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Just ordered the desert eagle with shift pattern!!! Can't wait to bust me teef pulling my stocker off my UUC ...
    tommy compton is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS-V

Re: My new TWM Performance Shift Knob

Just ordered the desert eagle with shift pattern!!!
    Can't wait to bust me teef pulling my stocker off my UUC shifter :P

junoreactor is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 Maggied CTS-V

What color did you go with? Make sure to post up some pics after you get it on. Watch you don't smack the center console/radio when you pull it off because there's going to be a lot of force flying upwards really fast.

tommy compton is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS-V

Just went with the stainless finnish, cars away for the winter so probably won't install it for a bit.
    I've wrestled with the shifter before once installing the UUC and again pulling the stock off the UUC for a clutch install. Let me tell you getting it off the UUC is not fun, this time I think I'll wear a mouth guard.

thebigjimsho is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Quote Originally Posted by Noisycow View Post
    Very nice knob, might get one. Stainless w/ shift pattern. Got a link on the suede boot?
    These guys used to be authorized vendors here. Top notch stuff...

http://www.redlinegoods.com/

junoreactor is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 Maggied CTS-V

Ah sorry I didn't see you ask about the boot Noisycow. As thebigjimsho said, they are really nice quality. They've got a lot of material choices/combinations and tons of pictures for you to visualize how it'll look.

Quote Originally Posted by junoreactor View Post
    Ah sorry I didn't see you ask about the boot Noisycow. As thebigjimsho said, they are really nice quality. They've got a lot of material choices/combinations and tons of pictures for you to visualize how it'll look.
    Yeah, I've had a couple of Redline boots in my '04 and got this one to replace the cheesy looking leather one in my '09...

And here is the V2 knob I put in my '04 with a black Redline swayde boot w/ tan double stitching...

KaMaSuTrA is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 Cadillac CTS-V

Do those boots give you more slack than the stock ones?

Quote Originally Posted by KaMaSuTrA View Post
    Do those boots give you more slack than the stock ones?
    I think maybe a little. It's pretty close. But I'm sure if you asked they could make a larger boot...

Noisycow is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Platinum CTS-V

My new TWM Performance Shift Knob

Just received mine, same as the OP's, but with the shift pattern. Heavy little thing that is for sure. Can't wait for Brian(Pisinuff?)'s short shifter mod and the two will make a nice combo.

I might go with a new shift boot. I like the suede that matches with the center of the seats, maybe with white stitching. My stock one is in pretty good shape though; looks like new.

Brain fart moment! I can't wait for the short shifter, so I went and yanked up on the knob (que Beavis laugh) and the whole thing came off. Shifter, boot and all. How do you get the stock shift knob removed from the boot? I pushed the knob all the way down to reverse the boot and got to the plastic retaining part, but it doesn't screw off.

Being part Gorilla, I have a tendency to lose patience and just rip things apart. I searched around the forum and everyone writes about 'jerking up' on the shifter, etc, but no details I could find about separating the stock knob from the boot itself.

EDIT - Got it off with some prying!

I really, really like it.

V-Guy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V, Raven/Ebony; Harley Fatboy; Harley Ultra-Classic

I really like the TWM shift knobs too - and in looking at their site, I think the Type R in stainless is calling my name. I don't have a OEM shifter in my V, though - I have a Katech one-piece aluminum short shifter, with a threaded shaft for the knob. I assume TWM can match the diameter of the KaTech shifter.

The piece the shifter attaches to is held on which three hollow hex nuts/screws, so my guess is yes. I'd ask TWM first specifically about that before ordering.

I found putting the lower fitting on loose enough to hold, then putting the boot on - testing where the shift pattern ends up and adjust for it worked great. Unlike other shift knobs I have bought, when this gets to the thread end it just stops with no movement to get the engraved pattern straight. That's good, very solid.

This, along with tranny fluid change, clutch flush/change, short shifter, and TWM will hopefully make shifts feel very precise and smooth.

Quote Originally Posted by Noisycow View Post
    The piece the shifter attaches to is held on which three hollow hex nuts/screws, so my guess is yes. I'd ask TWM first specifically about that before ordering.
    Agreed! I've already sent TWM an email with the KaTech part. no. and link to the short shifter product description. I gotta believe we can make it happen.

shadybx7 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Platinum CTS V-Headers+3in pipes

keep us posted.. i have a katech as well. The thread size is 5/8x18x1A.. 5/8 stalk it beefier then stock so it may need an adapter

Quote Originally Posted by shadybx7 View Post
    keep us posted.. i have a katech as well. The thread size is 5/8x18x1A.. 5/8 stalk it beefier then stock so it may need an adapter
    Thank you for those dimensions!! The previous owner installed the KaTech and I was looking for those numbers!! That helps a lot.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.