new headlight and fog light mod available!!! - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, new headlight and fog light mod available!!! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by HartmanV Would definatly be interested in purchasing but need the questions answered, mainly is there a bundle/package ...
    GemCityCustoms is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS /Borla/KnN/ custom fogs/headlights/soft top!!

Re: new headlight and fog light mod available!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HartmanV View Post
    Would definatly be interested in purchasing but need the questions answered, mainly is there a bundle/package price?

Looks great!
    yes bro there is a bundle package pm me and i can figure out the details

Quote Originally Posted by bneal1022 View Post
    yeah..

1) cost for headlights?
    2) cost for fogs?
    3) reduced cost for the 4 lights as a package?
    4) does price include retuen shipping?
    5) I assume the lights we send you will be the exact ones we get back? (or are you doing cores? advise against it)
    6) details how these connect to your DRLs? are they just spliced in to the little triangles?
    7) for those with HID fogs, will there be a problem?
    8) they look great. what is the expected life of this as removing the headlights is not an easy job.
    9) turnaround time once you recieve the lights?

I figure i'd ask all the technical questions as they will come up sooner or later.
    5) yes u send me ur lights i mod them and send u ur exact lights u send me back to u modded
    6)no they are sepratly connected so u have complete control over when to turn them on or off
    7)no problem wat so ever because i can do almost ne thing on the lights for u
    8)i have had them on since nov 13 and thru sunny day and recently in socal hardcore rainy days not on problem with the lights ne way lol my black painted grill is all chipped needs to be powder coated
    9) from the time i recieve ur lights i will be done with everything fogs and headlights 3 days i need the paint and sealant to dry correctly not rush nething basically

so ya bro ne other questions pm me ne time

Quote Originally Posted by tony tone View Post
    i'm not big on aftermarket stuff such as this, especially appearance, but i'll tell you i like it.

i'd like to know pricing considering my headlights are pretty scratched up and there's only so much i can do with a buffer and rubbing compound. i also like the OEM look of the day time amber the fogs give and it seems you can accomplish that with a yellow bulb. i'd love to see a pic of them lit in daylight.

i also assume you retain night time HIDs on the regular bulbs in the center.
    ya bro i can email u pics how ever when ever u want pm me ur email and i can send them and if ur headlights are too beat up i can get u a newer pair of headlights or fogs just let me know

Quote Originally Posted by JFensty View Post
    Def interested in the fogs. Do you lose any brightness with the Halo's on the HID's?
    and no u do not lose ne brightness at all bro

Black Sunshine is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS-V

PM didn't go thru. Call me Sunday when you get a few. 2293191885

inbox cleared but ya bro ill call u monday

Noisycow is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Platinum CTS-V

Pleading ignorance here. Just so I can understand.

I send you this (stock) headlight and fog light assemblies that have had no modifications, still have the amber covers below:

Then you build them up to look like the pics in the first post? Do you also add bulbs to make the high beams bright white to match; LED whites to the corners, amber lights top part of fog? - or is that something I do?

Is this just plug and play? Same wiring just plugs in?

I have a silver CTS-V so I guess the standard flat black is a match?

Can you PM me a price for 'everything' - headlight assemblies and fogs, bulbs, etc?

Those sure look nice! The instructions for the bumper cover removal looks challenging. (http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answe...val/index.html) Any other Portlanders doing this mod?

junoreactor is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 Maggied CTS-V

Removing the bumper cover is really easy, even for someone not used to working on stuff much. There's no real knowledge/experience that you need because it's just lots of those plugs that hold plastic panels together and some screws. If you break a plug you can just buy some more at your auto parts store; they are inexpensive. You can try to remove one in your wheel well to see how easy it is. They make a tool that you can use (actually it's to remove door panels I think) that has a handle similar to a screw driver. It grabs onto the plug after the center is popped out to assist in removal. The hardest part is putting the bumper cover back on and that's just because it's a big ignorant piece to move around. I had a friend help me hold it while I anchored it down but it's definitely doable by yourself. You don't need to lift the car or anything. Just slide your arm under while you are on the ground.

email sent bro let me know wats up

I spoke to Steve (GemCity) last night about his new offering. He's quite an enthusiastic V owner. He has access to a wrecking yard which has given him the stock of numerous broken headlights he needed to perfect his process. The combination of the look of quality work he's doing, his enthusiasm for our cars and his interest in sharing his skills at a VERY reasonable price have got me trying to figure out how to get my lights to him ASAP.

toberting22 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

I am not interested in the halo lights, but I have been looking for someone reputable to crack open my headlights and paint the inside black and then reseal. I have seen a couple cars have it done up here in the bay area and their headlights always fall apart or fog. It seems you have the process down. Is that something you would be interested in doing? What would that cost?

HAPPY NYE!!!

cad08stsv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 03 STS, 08 STS V

Cool Re: new headlight and fog light mod available!!!

Email sent to you at Yahoo.com
    Hope to hear from you soon Yo.
    Russell

Steve,

Your inbox is full again.

I've got a business trip coming up next week and I have a plan.

While I'm out of town I firgured it would be the perfect time to remove my headlights and send them to you on Monday. Figuring shipping time and 3-4 days for you to do your magic and they might be back in time to reinstall them when I get home.

Can you get to my lights if I send them to you next week?

Gene
    boilrmkr@surfsouth.com

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.