Tire Size for Team Dynamics Wheels (18x9) - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Tire Size for Team Dynamics Wheels (18x9) in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; BTW, what happens with the TPMS on these TD Wheels? I could swear I remember reading somewhere in the faqs ...
    Junior1 is offline Cadillac Owners Racer
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V Racecar, 2011 Escalade ESV

Re: Tire Size for Team Dynamics Wheels (18x9)

BTW, what happens with the TPMS on these TD Wheels?
    I could swear I remember reading somewhere in the faqs that the car won't go into Comp. mode without them...
    2005 cadillac cts-v.r #83 nasa st3 . 2011 escalade esv . 2011 sierra denali

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by tweeter81 View Post
    I would definitely go with 275/35r18 size for the rear (and all around if you can) because that matches the stock O.D. almost perfectly.
    Not sure how you're doing your math, but 275/40-18 is an exact match for the stock 245/45-18 (well, within 0.5mm, so less than 0.1% different). 275/35-18 and 245/40-18 are around an inch smaller diameter than stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Junior1
    Which tires of the bunch seem to be the most forgiving, ie. have some feedback before they let go, rather than just let go?
    The NT01s seem to give pretty good aural feedback. Can't say how they compare to anything else, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Junior1
    BTW, what happens with the TPMS on these TD Wheels?
    I could swear I remember reading somewhere in the faqs that the car won't go into Comp. mode without them...
    I'm not sure I understand your question. If the TPMS sensors are installed in the wheels, then they work just fine. If the TPMS sensors are not installed in the wheels, then they don't work. That's no different for the TD wheels than it is for any other wheels.

If you don't have TPMS sensors sync'd to the car then you can't go to Competitive Driving Mode or Stability Control Off.

Quote Originally Posted by AAIIIC View Post
    I'm not sure I understand your question. If the TPMS sensors are installed in the wheels, then they work just fine. If the TPMS sensors are not installed in the wheels, then they don't work. That's no different for the TD wheels than it is for any other wheels.

If you don't have TPMS sensors sync'd to the car then you can't go to Competitive Driving Mode or Stability Control Off.
    Thanks, thats what I meant. I wasn't sure about the TPMS and the TD's. They need the bands to mount up?

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Nope. I've had 4 different sets of aftermarket wheels and have yet to encounter a wheel that can't use the stock TPMS sensors in the normal location.

tweeter81 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by AAIIIC View Post
    Not sure how you're doing your math, but 275/40-18 is an exact match for the stock 245/45-18 (well, within 0.5mm, so less than 0.1% different). 275/35-18 and 245/40-18 are around an inch smaller diameter than stock.
    What I meant to say was 275/35/18 matches the 245/40/18 O.D. almost right on, or at least close enough to not be any kind of an issue.

mberisha is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '11 Black Escalade AWD & '06 Black CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by tweeter81 View Post
    What I meant to say was 275/35/18 matches the 245/40/18 O.D. almost right on, or at least close enough to not be any kind of an issue.
    yup....perfect.....that's what I run.......

Any downsides to running the 245/40's over the 275/35's on the TD Wheels ??? I might have a set of 245/40 cheap, just waiting for a reply from seller...

Sigfod is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

So if I am reading this right by simply rolling the fender I can get a 275/40/R18 street tire on the car front and rear at stock ride height with the Team Dyamics Wheels?

garrettg is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS-V

I believe this is true need to test it yet since I have the kw kit but the upper ball joint will be really close to touching the sidewall of the tire. I have 275/40 conti dw on td wheels so its just a matter of taking the time to test it.

tweeter81 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V
    During the 2011 Spectre Challenge I ran 275/35r18 size r-comps on all four corners (even lowered approximately 3/4") with the Team Dynamics wheels with rolled fenders. No rubbing issues, and I was driving it hard. The front looked funny though because the tire stuck out a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by garrettg View Post
    I believe this is true need to test it yet since I have the kw kit but the upper ball joint will be really close to touching the sidewall of the tire. I have 275/40 conti dw on td wheels so its just a matter of taking the time to test it.
    You are running 275/40 DW on all 4 wheels? Rolled fenders or unrolled? How do you like the Conti DW?

garrettg is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Sigfod View Post
    You are running 275/40 DW on all 4 wheels? Rolled fenders or unrolled? How do you like the Conti DW?
    I haven't tried on the front yet as still wearing down some 245's I will one of these days. My rears were already sort of rolled when I got the car and I half way rolled the fronts myself using a wooden baseball bat and hair dryer. I have the kw v3 shock setup so ride height won't be an issue as I can adjust it up or down. The tire clearance to the upper ball heim joint of the knuckle is going to be the deal breaker but I think the td's having less offset than stock will clear. I will update this post whenever I test it out. The DW is a ok tire nothing special but just decent, the edges seem to wear really quickly, I recently picked up 4 275/40 as they don't offer that size any longer and some tire dealer on ebay was pricing them low. I think the other option for conti DW would be to run 255/40 front and 285 rear or just 255/40, 265/40 or 275/35 all the way around since they don't make 275/40 any more. I am still hoping that once my fronts wear down I can run 275/40 all around. If the weather breaks anytime soon I may give it a test before I mount them on all 4 rims.

Quote Originally Posted by garrettg View Post
    I haven't tried on the front yet as still wearing down some 245's I will one of these days. My rears were already sort of rolled when I got the car and I half way rolled the fronts myself using a wooden baseball bat and hair dryer. I have the kw v3 shock setup so ride height won't be an issue as I can adjust it up or down. The tire clearance to the upper ball heim joint of the knuckle is going to be the deal breaker but I think the td's having less offset than stock will clear. I will update this post whenever I test it out. The DW is a ok tire nothing special but just decent, the edges seem to wear really quickly, I recently picked up 4 275/40 as they don't offer that size any longer and some tire dealer on ebay was pricing them low. I think the other option for conti DW would be to run 255/40 front and 285 rear or just 255/40, 265/40 or 275/35 all the way around since they don't make 275/40 any more. I am still hoping that once my fronts wear down I can run 275/40 all around. If the weather breaks anytime soon I may give it a test before I mount them on all 4 rims.
    I am planning on running 265/40/R18 on all 4 once the TD wheels get here.

shadybx7 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Platinum CTS V-Headers+3in pipes

???

i have no idea how i managed to rub a nice gouge in the side of the front fenderliners running 245/45/18...

atdeneve is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by shadybx7 View Post
    ???

i have no idea how i managed to rub a nice gouge in the side of the front fenderliners running 245/45/18...
    Any missing push pins?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.