Tire Size for Team Dynamics Wheels (18x9) - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Tire Size for Team Dynamics Wheels (18x9) in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I just bought a set of these wheels from Luke @ Lindsay and they did indeed come with center caps ...
    tweeter81 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

Re: Tire Size for Team Dynamics Wheels (18x9)

I just bought a set of these wheels from Luke @ Lindsay and they did indeed come with center caps (but he tells you that they don't, so this must be a recent change that TD has made). I haven't installed the wheels yet, but I assume the center caps will clear everything (based on an earlier post).

A couple other points of interest:

1) I measured the wheel width and they are actually 9.75" wide. I always thought a 9" wheel was exactly 9" wide, but apparently not.
    2) The TD wheels feel heavier than my CCWs (even the wider rear 19'x10") - those CCWs are super light
    3) I will be running 275/35zr18 r-comps (R888s) on all 4 corners. I'm lowered, but I have had all the fenders rolled, so I don't really expect to have rubbing issues, or if I do, they will be very minor and only under track conditions.

crankedupforit is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS V 07 ESCALADE

My TDs came with center caps as well. They look like they can stay on even at the track (we'll find out). I'm running 275/35/18s Conti (Hoosier) Grand Am Cups.

Look like this. I've posted this picture a million times it seems. As you can tell I must like them.

crankedupforit is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS V 07 ESCALADE

Quote Originally Posted by tweeter81 View Post
    I just bought a set of these wheels from Luke @ Lindsay and they did indeed come with center caps (but he tells you that they don't, so this must be a recent change that TD has made). I haven't installed the wheels yet, but I assume the center caps will clear everything (based on an earlier post).

A couple other points of interest:

1) I measured the wheel width and they are actually 9.75" wide. I always thought a 9" wheel was exactly 9" wide, but apparently not.
    2) The TD wheels feel heavier than my CCWs (even the wider rear 19'x10") - those CCWs are super light
    3) I will be running 275/35zr18 r-comps (R888s) on all 4 corners. I'm lowered, but I have had all the fenders rolled, so I don't really expect to have rubbing issues, or if I do, they will be very minor and only under track conditions.
    Empty your inbox Tweeter.

Junior1 is offline Cadillac Owners Racer
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V Racecar, 2011 Escalade ESV

Quote Originally Posted by AAIIIC View Post
    245/45-18
    My bad, I should clarify. I'd like to get a dedicated track tire in R compund or slick. Something close to stock sizing since I haven't seen any yet.
    2005 cadillac cts-v.r #83 nasa st3 . 2011 escalade esv . 2011 sierra denali

Quote Originally Posted by crankedupforit View Post
    Empty your inbox Tweeter.
    Done. BTW, That pic you posted above is sweet as hell!

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

The advertised wheel width (9" in this case) is the width at the the tire beads. Every wheel you put a measuring tape on will be somewhere around 1" wider than the advertised width because the inner and outer lips of the wheel extend beyond where the tire beads ride. The various wheels I've measured over the years were anywhere from 7/8" to 1-1/8" wider than the advertised width.

The advertised wheel width (9" in this case) is the width at the the tire beads. Every wheel you put a measuring tape on will be somewhere around 1" wider than the advertised width because the inner and outer lips of the wheel extend beyond where the tire beads ride. The various wheels I've measured over the years were anywhere from 7/8" to 1-1/8" wider than the advertised width.
    That is good to know

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Junior1 View Post
    I'd like to get a dedicated track tire in R compund or slick. Something close to stock sizing since I haven't seen any yet.
    The closest (only) options are either 245/40-18 or 275/35-18. Actually, I think Toyo makes the R-888 in 275/40-18, which would match the stock diameter, but since we're worried about fender clearance with the 275s up front I just figured it makes more sense to run a 275/35.

nikon is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05' CTS-V

Anyone lowered with H&R's with 275/35/18 up front? Or all around in that case? Wondering if street tires are different that crankedupforits tires.

Quote Originally Posted by nikon View Post
    Anyone lowered with H&R's with 275/35/18 up front? Or all around in that case? Wondering if street tires are different that crankedupforits tires.
    Street tires are narrower (a 275 street tire is equivalent to a 265 racing tire) and the street tire don't have the square edges like the racing tires have.

The closest (only) options are either 245/40-18 or 275/35-18. Actually, I think Toyo makes the R-888 in 275/40-18, which would match the stock diameter, but since we're worried about fender clearance with the 275s up front I just figured it makes more sense to run a 275/35.
    So those are basically the only 2 sizes to look for ?

garrettg is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS-V

Black TD with caps
    245/45/18 conti dw
    Attached Images

Found some R888's and R1's... What's the preferred size 275/40 or 275/35 ??? BTW I haven't seen 245/40 yet

Quote Originally Posted by Junior1 View Post
    Found some R888's and R1's... What's the preferred size 275/40 or 275/35 ??? BTW I haven't seen 245/40 yet
    I would definitely go with 275/35r18 size for the rear (and all around if you can) because that matches the stock O.D. almost perfectly. If you do need to go with 245s in front, the 245/40r18 is the only 245 size that will match up correctly with the rear 275s.

I would definitely go with 275/35r18 size for the rear (and all around if you can) because that matches the stock O.D. almost perfectly. If you do need to go with 245s in front, the 245/40r18 is the only 245 size that will match up correctly with the rear 275s.
    Thanks for the help tweet. Which tires of the bunch seem to be the most forgiving, ie. have some feedback before they let go, rather than just let go?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.