Skull Wreath Decal - Page 9
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Skull Wreath Decal in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept got my 'skull' cap today! (thanks) and a silver 'skull wreath' decal ... are there any ...
    DrSzabo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V - Light Platinum

Re: Skull Wreath Decal

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    got my 'skull' cap today! (thanks)

and a silver 'skull wreath' decal ... are there any special instructions to apply?
    I think I kinda screwed mine up as I didn't realize the correct peeling process...apparently I need to go back to first grade and learn to work stickers..haha

Anyways, in my opinion, I think the best process would be to peel the clear off of the black crest, then stick the silver skull onto the black crest while still on the cardboard. Once they are on top of each other, then remove cardboard and place on car, and then remove the clear from the silver skull. I think it is easier to do as much off of the car as possible as you can get bubbles pretty easily if you UNpeel and reapply on car.

hXc95SLS is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1992 Dodge Dakota DD, 2005 CTS-V Black on Black

Just recieved my decals yesterday and am very please with the product. Thanks guys!

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Quote Originally Posted by 8th Day View Post
    The decal should be sandwiched in between a waxpaper-like backing and a clear application tape. Peel the backing off and apply whereever you want, the clear tape is there to hold everything in place and can be removed once the decal is in place (pull it off parallel or "roll" it off the surface to avoid pulling up on the vinyl decal itself).

I use a piece of masking tape along the top to align the decal and then flip it up like a 'hinge' to peel off the backing. That way I can hold the bottom away from the surface and rub the decal on starting at the top and working to the bottom. This gaurantees that you won't get any trapped air bubbles.

If you do get bubbles, just pierce them with a needle and squeeze the air out.

Make sure all wax or rainx is removed from the body or glass if you're putting it on your car (most dishsoaps will remove wax, a claybar definately will). You want it to stick to the car, not the wax.
    so if I read you correctly, there's adhesive between the 'wax paper' and the decal so it will just stick?
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

8th Day is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    so if I read you correctly, there's adhesive between the 'wax paper' and the decal so it will just stick?
    Yes, exactly.

...also, the clear tape on top is just to hold everything together until the decal is applied, you peel that off carefully when done.

got it... thanks...

and is there a promo code to use for xmas now too?
    a couple people saw the hat today and i could tell it would be good for gifts
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept
    and is there a promo code to use for xmas now too?
    How about if we start our 8th Day of Christmas sale early?

10% off your entire order if you enter coupon code 8DCXMAS (all caps) during checkout.
    Coupon will be good from today (December 8th) through the 8th Day of Christmas (January 1st).

pharoh is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '07 CTS-V

Still waiting for my emblems.... any idea when it shipped?

THANKS! and Merry X-Mas to the 8thDay Family/Families
    Quote Originally Posted by 8th Day View Post
    How about if we start our 8th Day of Christmas sale early?

10% off your entire order if you enter coupon code 8DCXMAS (all caps) during checkout.
    Coupon will be good from today (December 8th) through the 8th Day of Christmas (January 1st).

I placed an order on the 2nd and haven't received any correspondence from 8th Day. What's up guys?

KaMaSuTrA is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 Cadillac CTS-V

I tried applying the coupon code but it's coming up as invalid.

Another thing is why is tax charged to out of state customers?

I've been trying to contact 8th day for several days now with no response to email, voice mail or this thread. Placed an order on the 2nd and have not heard from them since. I put in a paypal dispute, hoping to get a response soon.

Quote Originally Posted by KaMaSuTrA View Post
    I tried applying the coupon code but it's coming up as invalid.
    I just checked it, should be working now (there was a typo on the expiry date).

Quote Originally Posted by KaMaSuTrA
    Another thing is why is tax charged to out of state customers?
    It's not really.
    When you add items to the cart, it assumes that you are in Michigan until you enter your Billing address. Tax will drop off as soon as the billing state is changed from MI.
    Sorry for the confusion, I'll see if the default billing state can be changed to something other than Michigan so that no one else thinks they are getting charged 6% extra.

Quote Originally Posted by pharoh View Post
    I've been trying to contact 8th day for several days now with no response to email, voice mail or this thread. Placed an order on the 2nd and have not heard from them since. I put in a paypal dispute, hoping to get a response soon.
    I apologize for the lack of communication. I hope that this has been resolved to your satisfaction.

All remaining Cadillac-related orders have been shipped. If any of you with orders placed before Tuesday morning haven't received your items by the end of the week, please contact us.

hXc95SLS is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1992 Dodge Dakota DD, 2005 CTS-V Black on Black

So I just got around to installing my decals last night skulls look awesome but the black in lays for the v emblems seem to be cut wrong. The right size but the wrong angles.

Quote Originally Posted by hXc95SLS View Post
    So I just got around to installing my decals last night skulls look awesome but the black in lays for the v emblems seem to be cut wrong. The right size but the wrong angles.
    see 8th Day's post (#115) from the 4th...

Quote Originally Posted by hXc95SLS View Post
    Replacements are on the way.
    Included in the replacement packs for those of you who ordered before the change are:
    -gloss black and matte black backgrounds
    -brushed aluminum and mirror chrome 'bars'.
    ...so you can choose which look you like best.

Currently working on adding these new material choices to the ordering options for the emblem sets.

*EDIT*
    New material combinations added:
    http://8thdaycreations.com/products-...mblem-overlay/
    Please take a look and let us know what you think. Too confusing? Or are more customization options good?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.