Powder coated grille, wheels and exhaust (and a couple other black out mods)
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Powder coated grille, wheels and exhaust (and a couple other black out mods) in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Hey guys! I'm kinda new to the forum. I've been reading posts since I bought my V back in March. ...
    ccaptainsafety is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Powder coated grille, wheels and exhaust (and a couple other black out mods)

Hey guys! I'm kinda new to the forum. I've been reading posts since I bought my V back in March. Since then I was inspired by other cars on this forum and decided to take the leap and just go powder coat crazy. I had the mesh on the upper and lower grilles, the wheels, and the exhaust tips powder coated satin black. The beauty rings for the upper and lower grille I had painted by a local body shop. As for the center caps, I separated the acrylic disc from the black plastic keeper and wet sanded the back of the disc to make it clear and paint it black. I did this because I really wanted to keep the Cadillac emblem. The lug nuts are the stock lug nuts and I just simply put a black vinyl cap over them. I didn't want to mess with black lug nuts because they ding and scratch so easily. (I have lots of black caps and would be more than happy to sell them to some people on here who want a simple way to have black lugs.) Anyway, there are more mods to come I'm sure, but for now I need to save up for some tires. Enough chit chat.... on to the pics.

Before.....

During....

Center cap discs before and after

center cap and lug nut cap

Exhaust tip

top mesh

wheels on (no grille or lug caps)

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: Powder coated grille, wheels and exhaust (and a couple other black out mods)

wheels on with lug caps

Beauty rings back from paint

All done! for now.....

lilgCTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 06CTS-V BOLT-ON,06JEEP TJ BUILT, 91 350SDL turbo(daily)

Re: Powder coated grille, wheels and exhaust (and a couple other black out mods)

im luvin the black tips

Roidz24 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS V

Looks good man. Maybe clear corners and fogs next.

Stepside is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '06 DTS performance; CowboyCadillac='12 SVT Raptor

If you ever have that grill off again . . spray some flat black paint on the front of the hoses & radiator to cut down on light reflection.
    I'm gettin a 'woodie' over those . . front end 'jack stands'

Seriously, a hellava lot of work. Well done!

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

like what you've done to the V
    great pictures too!
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

hXc95SLS is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1992 Dodge Dakota DD, 2005 CTS-V Black on Black

How did you do the center caps? I WANT!

Thanks for all the compliments guys! I briefly explained how to do the center caps in the post, but I'll do a post with more detail when I'm not at work.... Haha! I'd like to take some better pics with my digital SLR and replace those cell phone pics.

Don't hate on the wood Jack stands haha! I supposed I could've invested in more than two jack stands... Oh well.

rocket2ya is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Raven CTS-V, Blacked out, Eibach Pro Kit

ive been wanting to do this for a while now, lol i just need to pull the trigger! how much did the PC on the rims cost if you dont mind me asking

Quote Originally Posted by rocket2ya View Post
    ive been wanting to do this for a while now, lol i just need to pull the trigger! how much did the PC on the rims cost if you dont mind me asking
    The wheels were $58 a piece including media blasting.

For the wheels, grilles, and exhaust tips to be pc'd it came to a total of $360 after tax.

Pretty inexpensive considering what a huge difference it makes.

rocket2ya is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Raven CTS-V, Blacked out, Eibach Pro Kit

wow, i need to do this asap...

bpitas is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac CTS-V

Wow, that's dirt cheap - I wonder if it's that way everywhere or you got a great deal. I stripped and polished my wheels myself, but it's a total pain in the ass to maintain, so I wonder if I should polish it once good and then either powdercoat it a chrome color, or just clear coat it...
    The grill came out awesome - that's exactly what I'd like mine to look like some day.

martinV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04 V

looks great man. second on painting the radiator and hoses behind the grill. are planning on smokin' the lights?

nickr28784 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Have you tried the black gorilla lug nuts? I've got em on mine and haven't had a scratch or peel at all... they hold up VERY well.

now all you gotta do is the lights and it can look like this....

Escondido's V is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V Full Custom Battleship Grey Paint Job

i would lower it before anything else looks great other than the 4X4 look.....

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.