Here's the REAL Midnight Rider 2.0 (Hottest Old V, according to me!!!) *19 pix** - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree1Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Here's the REAL Midnight Rider 2.0 (Hottest Old V, according to me!!!) *19 pix** in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Thats Awesome! Here is Mine Color Car-001.JPG...
    SKEEL44 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V

Re: Here's the REAL Midnighter Rider 2.0 (Hottest Old V, according to me!!!) *19 pix*

Thats Awesome! Here is MineColor Car-001.JPG

SKEEL44 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V

Re: Here's the REAL Midnight Rider 2.0 (Hottest Old V, according to me!!!) *19 pix**

Looks Better in Black & White!B&W Car-001.JPG

BuckThunder is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Sedan

Re: Here's the REAL Midnight Rider 2.0 (Hottest Old V, according to me!!!) *19 pix**

I would be proud to have that car in my stable!

253ctsv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    What color was the car originally? (Noticed the white interior) mines red and I was thinking about making it black. Also guesstimate how much it cost to black everything out? I'd like to do that to mine and just curious what kind of project $$$ wise I'm looking at

tweeter81 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V
    Quote Originally Posted by vcaddy06
    Nevermind. Found them. What size tires did you go with?
    In these pix I was running 235/53r19 and 295/30r19 sizes with Toyo R666 r-compound track tires. I chose those sizes because they were as close to the stock wheel/tire diameter as I could get at the time. They were fun, but wore out in 6000 street miles and 2 track days.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by BradCTSV
    I really like the SP600's! Do you have any clearance issues with inner rim rubbing trailing arms? What is your rear camber setting, around -1.5 degrees? Have you rolled the fenderwells? My rear fenderwell is 27" high but thinking of lowering it about 3/4". Will tires rub with a fully loaded car? CCW said they could make rears 9.5" if I wanted to be conservative...if worried at all about fenders rubbing, but I would prefer 285's on 10" wide.

I have LG Motorsport/Bilstein coilovers with approx 750 front/550 rear spring rates.

Thanks in advance for your advice on this!

Brad
    1) No clearance issues for the first few years, but as things started to wear a little, I seem to have a slight amount of rubbing in my inside left rear wheel as a result of hard cornering. I never hear it and I don't think it's a big deal at all.

2) My negative camber range from -1.8 to -2.0 on all four corners

3) My car has generally been lowered 3/4" to 1" and I have not had rubbing issues, but it ALL depends on the SIDEWALL HEIGHT of the tire you choose. I actually have some rubbing now with my current 285/35r19 tires more than my old 295/30r19s.

4) I've run the rear sizes you mentioned for years with no problems, but I'm not exactly slammed in the rear either.

5) I'm not an expert (but I do know what works for me, and I have very little under steer with my setup and the car handles like a dream) but your spring rates seem a little wonky with the fronts being so much higher (I run 750 front, 784 rear), but if it works for you that's cool!

----------

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=0Blz3...%3D0Blz3Ho_eqQ

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=qnIVd...%3DqnIVdE0TAUE

BradCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 2005 CTS-V

Thanks for the helpful info...I guess to be really conservative I may wait for offset trailing arms so I can move the wheel inboard 1/4" to 1/2".

Regarding spring rates, they are actual coilovers where spring is no longer in the stock location but directly on the shock. I believe the effective rear spring rate is higher than 550 lbs when compared to stock location. However I have not tracked this car yet...I have another track toy. Luckily I have alot of fun canyon roads nearby to drive.

----------

Thanks for the helpful info...I guess to be really conservative I may wait for offset trailing arms so I can move the wheel inboard 1/4" to 1/2".

Regarding spring rates, they are actual coilovers where spring is no longer in the stock location but directly on the shock. I believe the effective rear spring rate is higher than 550 lbs when compared to stock location. However I have not tracked this car yet...I have another track toy. Luckily I have alot of fun canyon roads nearby to drive.

mberisha is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '11 Black Escalade AWD & '06 Black CTS-V

Tweeter....is that a Nurburgring sticker on the back door window?

Quote Originally Posted by mberisha
    Tweeter....is that a Nurburgring sticker on the back door window?
    Yes, sir! Good eye. Never been there, but wanted to commemorate the original per-production V's time of 8:19, which was fastest sedan around the ring at the time. ( u probably knew all that, but I wanted the forum newbs to know the awesome pedigree of the V1s.)

mberisha is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '11 Black Escalade AWD & '06 Black CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by tweeter81 View Post
    Yes, sir! Good eye. Never been there, but wanted to commemorate the original per-production V's time of 8:19, which was fastest sedan around the ring at the time. ( u probably knew all that, but I wanted the forum newbs to know the awesome pedigree of the V1s.

^^^no doubt.....

I have a similar sticker.....

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    What are these 8 minute + Ring times you speak of?

odthetruth and odthetruth like this.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho
    what are these 8 minute + ring times you speak of?

v1

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.