The hottest new v alot of custom work - Page 6
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, The hottest new v alot of custom work in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; meh likes.. unique look, glad you came back to shut up the interweb trolls wit pics...
    shadybx7 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Platinum CTS V-Headers+3in pipes

Re: The hottest new v alot of custom work

meh likes..

unique look, glad you came back to shut up the interweb trolls wit pics

Zo6PwRd Guest

wings gotta go IMO. its your car as long as your happy, btu as someone else said what are you performance mods and why would you care about drag on the rear end?

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by nfl2008 View Post
    the rear bumper has is cutout with black mesh grill behind it. I Had my rear lift up a few months back at 120 and this will make sure there is alot less drag in the ass end.
    I'm not sure I understand what you mean by your rear lifting up. I've found the car to be very stable at up to 140mph on track. Others have gone well above 140 in these cars. I know when I bought my car the bumper was loose where it wrapped underneath in the rear. I replaced the plastic pop-in panel clip things with some actual nuts and bolts so it would hold it in place tighter. I think the rear bumper cover is designed pretty well (at least compared to my other 2 cars) in that it does wrap under and fasten in place rather than just hanging down in the free air.

Quote Originally Posted by EdmundGTP View Post
    If you're worried about rear lift at high speeds, you'd probably be better off adding some aerodynamic under-body paneling to the rear portion of the car, rather than relying on those tiny ventilation slits.
    While I agree that a rear diffuser would be effective at actually generating downforce, I think the vents he has will serve their purpose just fine. Vents like that (actually even smaller) are very well proven on drag cars that see serious trap speeds. I'm not sure how much airflow you think there needs to be to relieve the pressure in that area, but it looks to me like those 4 "tiny" slits are each about 1x20". That 80 sq in has the ability to flow a LOT of air, way more than would be needed to equalize the pressure on either side of the bumper cover.

EdmundGTP is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by AAIIIC View Post
    I'm not sure I understand what you mean by your rear lifting up. I've found the car to be very stable at up to 140mph on track. Others have gone well above 140 in these cars. I know when I bought my car the bumper was loose where it wrapped underneath in the rear. I replaced the plastic pop-in panel clip things with some actual nuts and bolts so it would hold it in place tighter. I think the rear bumper cover is designed pretty well (at least compared to my other 2 cars) in that it does wrap under and fasten in place rather than just hanging down in the free air.

While I agree that a rear diffuser would be effective at actually generating downforce, I think the vents he has will serve their purpose just fine. Vents like that (actually even smaller) are very well proven on drag cars that see serious trap speeds. I'm not sure how much airflow you think there needs to be to relieve the pressure in that area, but it looks to me like those 4 "tiny" slits are each about 1x20". That 80 sq in has the ability to flow a LOT of air, way more than would be needed to equalize the pressure on either side of the bumper cover.
    I was thinking more along the lines of this than just a diffuser.

And while the slits may be enough to equalize pressure between the front and the back, those aren't really the two areas that make a difference. When considering lift, you observe the relative pressure between the underside (under trunk), and topside (over trunk). The goal in this shouldn't necessarily be to equalize pressure between the front and back side of the bumper skin, but to create as high of wind velocity on the underside of the car as possible. Pressure is inversely related to velocity in fluids, and the faster the air goes by, the lower the pressure is. The lower the under-body pressure of the vehicle is, the more resultant down-force exists.

lilgCTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 06CTS-V BOLT-ON,06JEEP TJ BUILT, 91 350SDL turbo(daily)

lol i made my little comments but i must say this thing looks RAW! any plans for under that hood?

nfl2008 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I have several mods actually several people said I held the quarter mile record for our car when i had just intake headers and exhaust when I ran 12.600. But now I also have complete ignition, thermostat, ls7 clutch flywheel, suspenion all the way around and bmr bushings, motor mounts trans mount, short shifter, Mike Norris tune, x pipe. Just ordered a big head and cam package from lingenfelter and will be changing the tb and manifold while adding a 75 shot with new tune.
    Also I know about going fast in these cars I have had mine for 3 years and am 23 year old marine that loves speed I think my 171/55 is the largest ticket anyone has ever got in a V and I have 4 witnesses that were in the car and 30 days in jail to back that up. But one time at 120 my rear lifted thats why I brought that up. Do some people on here just get off on trying to bash people or something. Thank you to everyone that gave compliments and no bs. Also the wing is badass covers just the top of the tailights not just the trunk!

. Do some people on here just get off on trying to bash people or something.
    It's the internet. EVERYONE gets off on bashing other people..

Quote Originally Posted by EdmundGTP View Post
    And while the slits may be enough to equalize pressure between the front and the back, those aren't really the two areas that make a difference.
    Nice discussion of Aerodynamics 101, but that's not what he wanted. As I said, the vents will serve their purpose just fine. A diffuser would be great, but even an above average body shop isn't going to have a clue about how to fabricate and test an effective diffuser.

But one time at 120 my rear lifted thats why I brought that up.
    And I still have no idea what that's supposed to mean. So it only happened once? What was the indication that the rear lifted? Did your tires suddenly start spinning at 120mph? If you managed to do 171mph (with 4 witnesses in the car ) then I guess the rear end magically lifting at 120mph (but only once, apparently) isn't that big a deal.

Do some people on here just get off on trying to bash people or something.
    I have yet to see any "bashing" in this thread. You posted a thread about "the hottest new v"; it should go without saying that there are going to be people who express their opinions about the car when you make a claim like that.

Quote Originally Posted by AAIIIC View Post
    Nice discussion of Aerodynamics 101, but that's not what he wanted. As I said, the vents will serve their purpose just fine. A diffuser would be great, but even an above average body shop isn't going to have a clue about how to fabricate and test an effective diffuser.

Sort of. He said he felt the rear end lift. And then said he put the vents in to reduce drag. Reducing drag does not necessarily directly equate to a reduction in lift, or an increase in down-force. They're two separate things which CAN be related but aren't necessarily direct influences on each other. The vents will reduce drag by a little bit for sure, but it seemed to me like he was implying that they were help his lifting issue. Oh well. I think we're both confused on that one.

whisler151 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe, 2010 Ford Raptor

I have several mods actually several people said I held the quarter mile record for our car when i had just intake headers and exhaust when I ran 12.600. But now I also have complete ignition, thermostat, ls7 clutch flywheel, suspenion all the way around and bmr bushings, motor mounts trans mount, short shifter, Mike Norris tune, x pipe. Just ordered a big head and cam package from lingenfelter and will be changing the tb and manifold while adding a 75 shot with new tune.
    Also I know about going fast in these cars I have had mine for 3 years and am 23 year old marine that loves speed I think my 171/55 is the largest ticket anyone has ever got in a V and I have 4 witnesses that were in the car and 30 days in jail to back that up. But one time at 120 my rear lifted thats why I brought that up. Do some people on here just get off on trying to bash people or something. Thank you to everyone that gave compliments and no bs. Also the wing is badass covers just the top of the tailights not just the trunk!
    First off...OohRah...secondly...you hit 171 with 4 passengers and only bolt ons?

Dude, you for all intents and purposes you are a noob to the forum (even though you joined in '07), and you come in with claims of the hottest new V, 171mph with 4 passengers and running a 12.6 with bolt ons. Of course people are going to ask for proof...its the internet.

I'm not saying I dont believe you i'm just saying you need to change the attitude if you want people to take you for real.

dowlatij is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac SRX 2006 Cadillac CTS-V

Can we just close this thread I mean OP that's great ur 23 but u sound like a 6 year old no one really cares how fast you got pulled over I think he just asked if u had anything done to the engine because some would rather put the money there instead of bodywork but whatever floats ur boat. Yes people shouldn't have bashed you before they saw pics but your title said hottest V yet like whisler said you need to backup a claim that big

And the rest of you arguing over the "aerodynamics" of a rear bumper like really who cares? He said what he felt simple as that. What's with the forum n all these arguments I joined this forum for the helpful people and new ideas brought to the V. I was hoping to get new ideas out of this thread like the headliner but instead 2-3 pages of nonsense that doesn't matter.

End rant. (yeah I know my grammar sucks, sorry)

None of us are arguing over the "aerodynamics". We were both more or less trying to figure out how his bumper slits were even remotely related to his supposed lifting problem. And who really cares? Apparently the OP cares, otherwise he wouldn't have put the vents in to begin with. But as a contributor to this thread in particular, I apologize on behalf of myself and all others who've also contributed, that this thread does not meet your expectations for an acceptable great-new-idea-to-post ratio. We'll all try much harder in the future.

Whatever man. Just wanted some more info on the headliner but all there is is a discussion on a rear bumper OP did what he did let it be.

Have you thought about posting a question about the headliner rather than making two posts whining that other people with other interests are talking about aspects of the OP's modifications that don't interest you?
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

I thought I did when he pit the pics up but now that I look through it it never posted so I blamed it on you guys! :P my apologies.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.