Ebay - CLEAR FOGS
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Ebay - CLEAR FOGS in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Thinking about buying these to see the quality anybody baught them yet. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...fvi%3D1&_rdc=1...
    TroyFleming is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Ebay - CLEAR FOGS

Thinking about buying these to see the quality anybody baught them yet.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Dan_Gurney is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 - CTS-V

Re: Ebay - CLEAR FOGS

how much are the STS-V fogs from Luke?

$280 shipped seems steep for some knockoff fogs... (although if the quality is there, might not be horrible)

The STS-V fogs come with lights only, no brackets. Basically after removing your amber fogs they are garbage with ZERO resale value. They also cost nearly $200 each from Lindsey or any other dealers. So $400 total and two worthless amber fogs sitting around.

Now for $279 total you will have two sets of fogs complete. You can then remove your ambers and install these fogs into your OEM brackets. After that you can resell your amber fogs for $150 easily. Costing you are a total of $129 for these fogs in the end. That's a damn bargain.

Amber fogs with brackets are worth something, amber fogs without brackets are junk, I have 4-5 of them sitting on my shelf.

EdmundGTP is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V

This is a good find.

Andringa is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Blk/Blk

These appear to be from the same company that has been selling the clear or smoked turn signals for our cars. They have a listing that has the clear fogs and clear turn signals for $299 with free shipping.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/03-07...Q5fAccessories

This is why i love the forums, setting me straight on what is really the best value. This may not be a bad idea at all...

Anybody bought a set and tested for fit yet?

SCIronMike is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_Gurney View Post
    This is why i love the forums, setting me straight on what is really the best value. This may not be a bad idea at all...

Anybody bought a set and tested for fit yet?
    Darn... I just bought clear sidemarkers from these guys a couple weeks ago for $45 or so. They fit great. I bought STS-V clear fogs from Luke at Lindsay for ~$225 each. So, about $500 to clear everything out vs this current auction at $300. Bummer.

Quote Originally Posted by SCIronMike View Post
    Darn... I just bought clear sidemarkers from these guys a couple weeks ago for $45 or so. They fit great. I bought STS-V clear fogs from Luke at Lindsay for ~$225 each. So, about $500 to clear everything out vs this current auction at $300. Bummer.
    Not to make you feel even worse, but it's $300 and you still have an extra set of fog lights with brackets left to sell for easily $150 for pair used. $150 total for these clear fogs and markers in the end. Even then you probably could get even more for your amber fogs if OEM and great shape.

Kingoftypos is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS Sport/Luxury package

Has anyone thought about contacting the seller with a figure of us to do a group buy? I am sure we could get at least 25 to 30 people to say they want too, but maybe 15 to actually go with the group buy. What do y'all think?

KOT

Houdini is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V 6MT, 2007 CTS-V (Sold)

I'm in for group buy!

Ive's V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

I just ordered a set, we'll see when they come in. I did HIDs and LED in the corner bulb and my fogs a couple of weeks ago. I'm waiting for my HID kit for my high beams and I figure when I take the bumper off, I'll put these in at the same time. I also have 2 clear side marker lenses with the caddy emblem etched in, that I figure, I'll put on also. They were given to me when I bought the car. Has anyone used them before? What did you use inside the socket for a bulb and for a reflector so it looks nice when done? They are not diffused so I don't know if painting the inside reflective chrome is my best choice. Also with the clear fogs, is everyone just using an amber bulb like a 3157a or is an orange LED bright enough?

repenttokyo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

just to be clear - when you say 'fog lights', you mean the turn signals / DRL's, right? Because the lights underneath those are the actual fog lights. are they integrated into the same part?

Ive's V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Yes, those same assemblies that were highlighted at the beginning of this thread. $279 shipped. I should have them in a couple of days.

Zo6PwRd Guest

No offense but i dont like them at all. ITs a good find but they dont match the car or headlights at all. Look old school like youd see on a car from the early 90s.

Quote Originally Posted by Zo6PwRd View Post
    No offense but i dont like them at all. ITs a good find but they dont match the car or headlights at all. Look old school like youd see on a car from the early 90s.
    I agree that they do not look as "modern" as the clear homemade fogs that people are making, but these look like stock but all clear, so it will still blend in. I just hate the idea of the non-diffused fogs, I like the way the fogs light the road right now, and don't want to trade some good looks for poor performance.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.