Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Ebay - CLEAR FOGS

56K views 229 replies 62 participants last post by  PootieTang 
#1 ·
#157 ·
Hey fre1102, it looks like we have 3 additional people after you last posted a "confirmed" list. Would you mind checking with the supplier and seeing if 13 would make the cut? I have to believe that being this close they would let it slide. I would love to have them by next weekend to install while I'm doing some other work on the V.

Previously confirmed list:
BradCTSV
ForceTA308
fre1102
WesH8398
KB V
Fastone27
atdeneve
shadybx7
POS VETT
2005_CTS-V

Appear to be confirmed:
jkonto
Andringa
Ak Jim

#163 · (Edited)
In the absence of any communication from fre1102, I inquired to the vendor about the next step now that we've got 15. Here's what he said:

Me:
Dear neondials,

Hello. I'm a member of "Cadillac Forums" where a "Group Buy" has been being worked on for the past few months. You've been in contact with a couple different people who've been trying to organize the buy, and now I'm another. The last guy who was organizing things seems to have gone MIA, and we're now at 14 confirmed people (15 including him, but nobody's heard from him for a bit).
I wondered about how this can all be completed the easiest in terms of placing the orders, payments, etc. Since nobody's who's organizing this is looking to make any money on the deal, can people place the order directly to you and just mention the group buy for the discount? Or perhaps you could send Paypal invoices to each of them, stating the discounted price and so on.
I know the last guy was compiling a list of email addresses and other specifics from people interested in the buy, but I'm not sure of what you guys had arranged in terms of actually placing the orders.
Thanks!

- 1fastcaddyv

HIM:
Dear 1fastcaddyv,

Hello,
Thank you for your contact in regards to organize a group buy for the foglights. We did recall talking to a member from the forum back in JAN 2013 and below are all of the info we exchanged with him. Thank you.:

Dear fastone27,

If you are looking to get only the CTS-V foglights without the side marker lights, we can do $225.00 shipped within US 48 Continental States, and that's about 20% discount per set.
Of course I hope not to hear back from other members for this incentive for the previous purchases they already made weeks or months ago.

If you are the organizer of initiating to form a group buy, I suppose you are able to make some profit out of this too, but the best discount we can give is 20% if you are able to gather 15 members. Thank you.

- neondials

Dear fastone27,

Hello again,
Thank you for your response. Would you please confirm whether you'd prefer the smoke side markers or the clear ones?? I have attached two links for you two see:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2003-2007-C...Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item484ed69955

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2003-2004-2...Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item5d38315f2c

The best we can offer for the combo deal of CTS-V foglights + SMOKE or CLEAR side markers is $250.00 shipped within US 48 Continental States. Thank you.

- neondials

Dear fastone27,

Hello again,
Thank you for your reply. That's fine and your discount code for this group buy will be AAC9T5S7-V.

However, the 20% discount is ONLY offered when the requirement is met, as we do not offer this top discount to individual customer.

Therefore, the numbers of the transactions must meet the requirement we previously disclosed to you before the 20% discount kicks in. Thank you for your understanding.

- neondials

ME:
Dear neondials,

Thanks for the info. It's unclear to me exactly how you'd like the orders to be placed though. Care to explain?

- 1fastcaddyv

HIM:
Thank you for your response. The purpose of my previous message sent to you is to let you know the deal I have given to another member from the forum and see if this is the term you accept.

The payment methods we currently accept are Bank Wire Transfer, Money Order or Paypal (must register in United States with confirmed credit card billing address and verified account).

The price offering is merely for US Domestic 48 Continental States only, this excludes the International buyers from other countries, as well as the US territories such as VI and PR.

The GB (Group Buy) members can submit the payment to us via paypal with the given code specified in the payment note. Please advise if you guys would like the price quote for just the foglights or with the side marker lights. Thank you.

- neondials

#164 ·
Thanks for making contact with him, but after reading the above, I'm not sure where we currently stand. It sounds like we would still have to have 15 individuals make a transaction with him with the given code in a short amount of time for us to get the lights in a timely manner at the discount.

In a nutshell, I'm still not sure how this guy is wanting to proceed. Not to be Mr. Negative, but we're still counting on all 14 or 15 individuals to follow through on this and place the order with the code to get the discount, and given that the original organizer and others have already backed out....I'm not going to hold my breath.

Let us know how to proceed. To be honest, if we haven't figured something out by the end of next week, I'm probably going to place an order with him. I'm compiling stuff that I'm going to be doing to my car when I get some time, and these are one of those items I'll be needing. Thanks again for taking the lead on this.

#165 ·
By no means was I trying to "take the lead" but I, like you, would like to see the ball rolling on this ASAP and thougt it'd help to get in touch with this guy.

As for how to proceed - it looks like we all need to start placing orders with this guy. I just realized that he hasn't provided a PayPal address to send the money to, so I'll inquire about that and post back with the info.

As you said - it's going to boil down to all 15 of us that've confirmed to send their payments/orders to him (with code AAC9T5S7-V), and once all 15 have been received by him, he'll fulfill the orders. That's how I understand it's supposed to go down.

I suppose another option would be that everyone send ME their payments and order specifics, and once I collected all of them I could submit a single order for everyone. Off the top of my head, a few issues I forsee with this are 1)PayPal fees for the money being sent to me, then again sent to the vendor, 2) I'm going to be the one to take all the shit if something goes wrong and the deal somehow falls through, 3) If all 15 guys don't fulfil their commitment, I'd have to "refund" the monies to those who did and I believe that may involve fees as well (which I'm not willing to absorbe).

Thoughts? Comments? Suggestions? Anyone want to admit now that they're plannong on bailing out on this, so we don't all waste our time?

#166 ·
More communication:

ME

Dear neondials,

THanks for the reply again. I apologize, but I'd like to clarify some details on making the order(s). I see a few options here, and wonder which would work best.
1) All the individuals send you payments (for the discounted price) at their earliest convenience along with their order details for what they want. Once you receive the 15 orders you begin fulfilling them. My concern here is, what happens if someone bails on us and the 15 people isn't met? Full refunds? Refunds minus fees? Or are we bound to placing an order at full price?
2) All the individuals can send ME their orders and money. Once I recieve all 15 of them, I place the single large order with you. My concern here is that everyone's shipping information gets relayed properly, and everyone gets what they ordered.

Let me know how you'd prefer this to go down. We'll need your PayPal email address to send payments that way, if that's what you'd like. I also think that most people would be more comfortable with receiving an invoice from you requesting the payments for their orders. This just helps to protect the buyers, but would be a bit of work from your end to organize who wants what and send the invoices out.

Thanks again.

- 1fastcaddyv

VENDOR:

Dear 1fastcaddyv,

Hello again,
Thank you for your reply and I am sorry that if I wasn't clear on the payment details and how payment can be submitted.

To clarify the confusion, what we (the other GB organizer) agreed on before was to have a deadline for sending over the payment (Say within 3 days) and we don't ship the orders UNTIL we receive the payments from 15 members - this is more suitable to our preference.

The other means would be everything paid in full price and refunded later once the requirement is met - I do not prefer this way as that will involve another party to process the refund afterwards.

As a GB organizer, I would also suggest you another way, if you’d like us to create the invoice instead, are to gather the info from your members and create a list of what they want / where they live. You collect the funds from them and pay them in full all at once.

We don’t normally send payment request to each member but we generalize one invoice to the organizer and the rest of the members can refer to the invoice to make payment. I hope I clarified some doubts and details. Thank you.

- neondials

-----------------------------------------------------

So, I'd prefer to go ahead with the original plan and just have all of you guys send in your orders/payments directly to the vendor. Once all 15 are received by the vendor, he'll begin fulfilling the orders. I will request his details in order to send payments via PayPal, and I'll also clarify what happens if someone bails on us and 15 isn't reached (since he didn't really address this in the above communication).

My biggest worry here is the lack of action on this thread since the 15th confirmation has been received. I would expect that you're all still in, but if you're not, PLEASE post up so we know before we start sending in our orders.

#167 ·
With that being said, I would be in for setting up a deadline for everyone to have their money to him by. It's fine either way for me because I'm going to order them regardles, but the GB discount would be nice. How does a deadline of April 19th sound? That would give everyone a little over a week to check this thread and get their orders and money in.

#168 ·
More again...

ME

Dear neondials,

Great, thanks a lot. I think we'll proceed with the original plan and have people submit the orders/payments directly to you. Once you receive the 15, then you'll start fulfilling the orders. On that note, if we happen to have someone bail on us - what happens? Will we be able to get refunds? Also, what email address do we use to start sending you the PayPal payments?

Thanks again.

- 1fastcaddyv

VENDOR:

Dear 1fastcaddyv,

Definitely. If anyone bails out of the deal, the full refund will be returning to each of you.

The price for foglights + side markers is $250.00 shipped within US 48 Continental States and the price for foglights alone is $225.00 shipped. The discount code is “AAC9T5S7-V”. Please be sure to have your members clearly stated in the payment note the color of the side marker lights they want.

Also, the paypal payment acceptance rule is to have the confirmed / verified credit card billing address selected / attached with the payment in order to receive it without complication.

We must ship to the address provided by paypal that is validated and confirmed, we cannot process any order that comes with an unconfirmed address – due to paypal’s payment protection policy. Please do include phone # in case we have any issue with the payment or address, we will call to confirm.

Please arrange your payment and have it sent to us at racingqueen119@yaahoo.com and have them completed by April 14th 2013 this coming Sunday, all 15 orders will be shipped via FEDEX Ground on Monday APRIL 15th 2013 when payments are cleared. Thank you very much.

- neondials

-----------------------------------------------------

I have asked that the deadline be extended to a week from today; next Friday, April 18. Hopefully they're ok with that. Once that's confirmed, lets start sending our orders in! Again, I'm a bit concerned about the lack of action here since I started looking into all this, but hopefully everyone will get logged in over the weekend, read these updates, and start submitting their orders.

#175 ·
payment sent

----------

Trying to keep track of who has paid, here's the list of people who we're relying on to make this happen:

BradCTSV
ForceTA308 -PAID
fre1102
WesH8398 -PAID
KB V -PAID
Fastone27 -PAID
atdeneve
shadybx7 -PAID
POS VETT
2005_CTS-V
jkonto
Andringa -PAID
Ak Jim
fej
strapp1000

#177 ·
I figured that everyone that confirmed their participation would keep an eye on the thread, but obviously some haveNt done that. With that in mind I've tried to PM everyone, but this forum only allows 5 PM's sent a day... *shrug*

If any of you guys could PM anyone that's not already paid, it would help. Maybe one person takes the 5 from the top of the list, and the other person takes the 5 from the bottom of the list...?

#180 ·
Trying to keep track of who has paid, here's the list of people who we're relying on to make this happen:

BradCTSV
ForceTA308 -PAID
fre1102
WesH8398 -PAID
KB V -PAID
Fastone27 -PAID
atdeneve
shadybx7 -PAID
POS VETT
2005_CTS-V
jkonto
Andringa -PAID
Ak Jim
fej
strapp1000. -PAID

#185 · (Edited)
As far as confirmed people who haven't made the next step yet; we obviously need to give them more time to log on to the forum and get up to date on what's happening. If they're like me, they're not on the forum on a daily basis. Hopefully they're not ignoring the PM's and thread updates, and they just haven't realized that its time to order.
I would like to think that they would let us all know if, for whatever reason, they were reneging on their commitment. But I expect that they'll all place their orders once they're aware that its come to that point. Hopefully that's not just wishful thinking....

Here's the list of folks we're waiting on:
- bradCTSV (April 13)
- fre1102 (March 29)
- atdeneve (March 13)
- 2005_CTS-V (April 13)
- jkonto (April 7)
- AK Jim (April 12)
- fej (April 13)

**EDIT** Did some quick recognizance work and obtained that above's latest forum activity (added in brackets after username above). Looks like a few have been on the forum very recently, but have somehow missed the PM and thread updates, where others haven't been on here for a while and wouldn't be aware of the proceedings yet. Between vacations, work trips, and life in general, I understand. Hopefully they'll be log on sometime soon and see the updates. As for those who HAVE been logged on and we haven't heard from; can anyone think of how we might reach them to make em aware?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.