Ebay - CLEAR FOGS - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Ebay - CLEAR FOGS in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Anywhere to buy just the lens?...
    agp
    agp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 3.6L Sport | R1 drilled/slotted

Re: Ebay - CLEAR FOGS

Anywhere to buy just the lens?

Noisycow is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Platinum CTS-V

I prefer to use HOEN H11 55w for the fogs, amber V-Leds for the above/DRL part, and 194 LEDs for the sidemarkers vs standard bulbs.

Order the $299 fogs/sides package today.

V-Leds for the front turns - http://www.v-leds.com/Exterior-LED/P...70676-1-2.html + 3/6 load resistors

I'll be disabling my DRLs. Apparently the dual white/amber type don't work well with our cars so I won't go the route.

Latest Ebay Link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/03-07...Q5fAccessories

TroyFleming is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

If anybody has purchased these Clears and has a set of original CTS-V amber fogs/with brackets they want to sell let me know need them for a carbon fiber project.

I bought Hoen H11 55w bulbs for my new Ebay clear fogs, but the connector/lamp assembly is different vs OEM. Bulb that comes with the clear fogs is GE H10 9145U 42W where the connector pins are spread farther apart .

Off to look for brighter lamps that will fit.

Going to give these a try: Nokya Arctic White 9145 Headlight Fog light bulb Stage 2

They are very bright apparently; will adjust the fogs downward so as not to blind other drivers.

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Noisycow View Post
    I bought Hoen H11 55w bulbs for my new Ebay clear fogs, but the connector/lamp assembly is different vs OEM.
    Probably because it's the wrong bulb. H11 and 9145 are not the same, as you've now discovered. What led you to buy the H11 bulbs? I think it's H10 that shares the same connector as 9145, but I'd have to verify that before I actually bought H10s.

Regardless of what brand of bulbs you buy, this page on Sylvania's website is very handy for figuring out what you need.
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

I bought the Hoens when I was going to simple replace the bulbs in the stock fog housings which are different than the Ebay clear fog connectors. Now I am confused ... oh well. When they get here I'll know, the hard way.

V-Guy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V, Raven/Ebony; Harley Fatboy; Harley Ultra-Classic

I like the idea of clear fogs and turn signals with amber bulbs - but I don't really care for the 70s-style lenses. I think I'd like lenses that are truly clear.

crankedupforit is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS V 07 ESCALADE

Quote Originally Posted by V-Guy View Post
    I like the idea of clear fogs and turn signals with amber bulbs - but I don't really care for the 70s-style lenses. I think I'd like lenses that are truly clear.
    The diffused lens does look a bit dated however the fog lights are pretty useless without that lens due to the way they are designed. With a clear lens you just get a scattered non directed light that distracts other drivers coming towards you.

V-Guy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V, Raven/Ebony; Harley Fatboy; Harley Ultra-Classic

Quote Originally Posted by crankedupforit View Post
    The diffused lens does look a bit dated however the fog lights are pretty useless without that lens due to the way they are designed. With a clear lens you just get a scattered non directed light that distracts other drivers coming towards you.
    I didn't know that - but it makes perfect sense. Thanks!

cmiller is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS-V Raven

Just ordered a set with the clear side signals. Can anyone offer any suggestions on how to remove the side marker cover to replace it? I am trying to figure out what type of amber LED light to put in there and don't want to force the cover off.

bneal1022 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, K&N, Borla, short throw w/ Holden knob, hotchkis

you have to remove the inner wheel wells and they unclip from inside the car nose. lots of simple work to get to. any 194 style led will work but go as low profile as possible so it fits through the side marker hole but behind the housing. do not force you must release from inside

Thanks for the info. I was looking at these lights http://www.v-leds.com/Exterior-LED/C...00672-1-2.html. Would they work or do I need something that projects light 360 degrees like these http://www.v-leds.com/Exterior-LED/C...1014-1-2.html?

bneal1022 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, K&N, Borla, short throw w/ Holden knob, hotchkis

actually side firing in your front markers is pointless. try these instead. front (top) is more suited given the bulb orientation in the marker light housing

http://www.v-leds.com/Exterior-LED/C...81007-1-2.html

ok, I was assuming that the bulb was mounted differently than it is I guess, is the inside of the housing a reflector?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.