Ebay - CLEAR FOGS - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Ebay - CLEAR FOGS in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by jpoole Hey man, Hurry up!!!! Can't wait myself, but the car is at the shop getting a ...
    crankedupforit is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS V 07 ESCALADE

Re: Ebay - CLEAR FOGS

Quote Originally Posted by jpoole View Post
    Hey man, Hurry up!!!!
    Can't wait myself, but the car is at the shop getting a new throttle body. Soon though.

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

I ordered a set last week and got them in a couple days ago. I should have time to install them this weekend. Initial impressions are very favorable. I have aftermarket headlights/turn signals/parking lights on my Fox Mustang and although they work, they're clearly not up to OEM standards of construction. The plastic isn't as stout, and I had to reseal the headlights after just a couple years on the car.

These CTS-V foglights/DRLs, on the other hand, might as well be OEM from what I can see. They're 100% complete - bulbs installed, wiring harness on the back just like the OEM ones. The glass has the DOT markings on it, and even has the saran wrap stuff on it to keep them from getting scratched in shipping.

Once I'll get them installed I'll give an update on fitment. I plan to tint the upper half (the DRLs) like I did with the Lexan lights I've got on the car now.
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

Just installed mine. Can't tell them from OEM. Pics this weekend. Thinking of doing the DRL mod to turn them off. BTW did the side markers to. Quality pieces all of them.

jmpumford is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Maggied CTS-V

I have a set as well, very easy install, quality product, and they look great! I'd post a picture on a red V but I don't have enough posts yet

Edited...I have 5 posts!

Mn800r and Mn800r like this.

Here is my Redline with the clear DRLs. In the bright sun you can see some off the yellow reflective material in the body of the light.

Scroll down on this link. Click to enlarge

http://s879.photobucket.com/albums/a.../Clear%20DRLs/

junoreactor is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 Maggied CTS-V

I recieved my set of these and I hope to get them installed soon. I'm just waiting for some DDM HID kits to arrive, then it's go time. They do look solidly built and the packaging is nice as well. Am I correct in thinking that you do not need to remove the bumper?

Quote Originally Posted by junoreactor View Post
    I recieved my set of these and I hope to get them installed soon. I'm just waiting for some DDM HID kits to arrive, then it's go time. They do look solidly built and the packaging is nice as well. Am I correct in thinking that you do not need to remove the bumper?
    You are correct! At least I didn't have to

Correct, you can get at everything from the back and below the bumper. You just have to pull the front portion of the wheel well liners.

Edit: Applied tint to the DRLs and installed the Ebay parts yesterday. I got caught up with other stuff (you know, handing out candy and watching football) so I didn't get the pics uploaded. I'll try to remember to do that this evening and post them up.

I mentioned before that the Ebay lights come with bulbs. I went to swap them out with the bulbs from my existing lights, as I figured the Ebay lights probably had generic crap bulbs. I was pleasantly surprised to find that they were Sylvania bulbs.

Got the pics uploaded:

Here's one of the assemblies from the front and the rear, obviously after I installed the tint on the DRL portion:

Ebay vs. Lexan assembly:

Installed (in a somewhat dark garage - sorry):

(All the lights were off, that's just the flash reflecting in the projectors.)

Here's a similar shot of the clear Lexan ones when they were brand new and just installed:

It's been less than a year and the Lexan already has quite a bit of pitting. Over time I imagine they would need to be redone.

Now I just need to adjust the aim of the fogs. When I had the car in the garage and turned them on to test them the pattern on the front wall of the garage was quite a bit off - the passenger side I think is aimed too high. I'll have to check the FSM to see what the aiming specs are.
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

kirchbed is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

Hey AAIIIC, what's happening on the hood vent front?

bcarv87 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05` maggied V

Hey AAIIIC what kind of tint did you use on the clear fogs, just window tint?

Quote Originally Posted by kirchbed View Post
    Hey AAIIIC, what's happening on the hood vent front?
    No progress.

Quote Originally Posted by bcarv87 View Post
    Hey AAIIIC what kind of tint did you use on the clear fogs, just window tint?
    I bought a tint kit off Ebay. It came with tint for the fogs and the headlights. Then I chopped it into pieces to use it as I wanted. Basically, I sacrificed the two headlight tint pieces, one to do the Lexan lights earlier this year, and then the second to do the Ebay lights just the other day. (The foglight/DRL tint pieces that come with the kit are actually smaller than the lights themselves, so it made more sense to use the headlight pieces and trim them down to size.) I cut each piece of headlight tint in half, and each half is more than enough to cover the DRLs. I used a straight edge to cut the tint in half, used that straight cut along the DRL/turn signal break, and then once I had the tint on the light I just used a razor blade to trim off the excess around the rest of the light.

bcarv87 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05` maggied V

Thanks I plan on getting the clear fogs and I like the smoked better than clear. So it looks like I'll be getting the tint kit

I did the DRL (fricking Canadians) delete fix last night as per the FAQ. Have a chiropractor on call. Every vertebrae in my back is racked. Old people shouldn't climb into a footwell with a flashlight and a screwdriver. This mod compliments the clear DRL lens. No more school bus yellow in the front fascia going down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by crankedupforit View Post
    I did the DRL (fricking Canadians) delete fix last night as per the FAQ. Have a chiropractor on call. Every vertebrae in my back is racked. Old people shouldn't climb into a footwell with a flashlight and a screwdriver. This mod compliments the clear DRL lens. No more school bus yellow in the front fascia going down the road.
    Nice! I need to get off my butt and do this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.