Ebay - CLEAR FOGS - Page 14
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Ebay - CLEAR FOGS in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by R07.2 Wasn't on the original list but jumped on board to make it 15. Payment sent. Cool! ...
    WesH8398 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V
    Quote Originally Posted by R07.2 View Post
    Wasn't on the original list but jumped on board to make it 15. Payment sent.
    Cool!

For anyone else thinking of joining up, the LAST DAY TO SUBMIT AN ORDER IS TOMORROW, Friday April 19th!!

Re: Ebay - CLEAR FOGS

Sorry to anyone who didn't get in on time, but this group buy opportunity is now over.

Thanks to everyone who participated and stuck with it, and also to those of you who jumped in at the last minute. If anyone is interested, keep an eye on this vendor on eBay as they are currently developing LED tail lights for our cars. I'm not a big LED guy myself, but depending on how they look, I might be interested in starting up another GB with them.

Just an update - received confirmation today that my item has been delivered. I can't pick it up til Monday (live in Canada, use a parcel pick up store in Michigan for a US shipping address), but its definitely been delivered.

Andringa is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Blk/Blk
    Mine were delivered today, and I got them in. They look like they could be an OEM part. I think the light pattern is actually a bit better than my OEM ones. They definitely have less chips than my OEM ones.

In the third pic, you can see a spot of light above the cut off, I'm not sure what's going on there.

I left the amber incandescent bulb in the side marker for now. There was a pair of LED 194 bulbs included, ended up using them to replace the triangle lights on the headlights since I could reach it and one of my old LEDs was burnt out.

I left the included amber DRL/turn signal.
    I installed my DDM 4500k 35w fogs.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366521949.017183.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366521918.703204.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366521933.698663.jpg

Looks good! If u get a chance, I'd like to see a pic of the DRLs alone. Wonder about bulbs for these that might come close to matching headlight colour ... Given the type of bulb tho, the best I could do was a set of sylvania Silverstars. We'll see about those...

I'll see if I can grab a pic when I get home.

Remember that the DRL and the turn signal use the same bulb. I left the amber bulb for now since I'm not a fan of white bulbs for blinkers.

The bulb is a dual filament 3157, but there are only two wires on the plug. Wish that they would have wired the DRL and blinker separately.

Quote Originally Posted by Andringa View Post
    I'll see if I can grab a pic when I get home.

Remember that the DRL and the turn signal use the same bulb. I left the amber bulb for now since I'm not a fan of white bulbs for blinkers.

The bulb is a dual filament 3157, but there are only two wires on the plug. Wish that they would have wired the DRL and blinker separately.
    Cool, thanks! I seem to remember reading somewhere that the dual filament isn't to enable you to separate the blinker & DRL, but to make one of the two brighter than the other. IE Blinker uses one filament, DRL uses both ... ?

Yeah, a dual filament usually does off/on/bright. Like our brake lights.
    However the stock wiring for the DRL only has two wires, which only allows for off/on.

strapp1000 is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

What exactly did you order from DDM Tuning? There are several options; looking for some guidance...thanks.

PISNUOFF Guest

Quote Originally Posted by strapp1000 View Post
    What exactly did you order from DDM Tuning? There are several options; looking for some guidance...thanks.
    http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/DD...ast-35W-or-55W

From the drop down menus:

1. 35W.
    2. H10 (fog light).
    3. I use 6000K (stock low beam is 4300).
    4. I did not need any HID (relay) harness or brackets or adapter cables.

I also replaced the low beam bulb with 6000K D1S bulbs and I installed the same kit above for the high beams (9005 bulb). My V did not need any relay harnesses to light the bulbs, my fiance's Grand Cherokee needs relay harnesses for fogs, lows and high beams. Some cars wiring system just can't handle the initial juice required for the initial light off of the bulbs.

strapp1000 is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by PISNUOFF View Post
    http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/DD...ast-35W-or-55W

From the drop down menus:

1. 35W.
    2. H10 (fog light).
    3. I use 6000K (stock low beam is 5300).
    4. I did not need any HID (relay) harness or brackets or adapter cables.

I also replaced the low beam bulb with 6000K D1S bulbs and I installed the same kit above for the high beams (9005 bulb). My V did not need any relay harnesses to light the bulbs, my fiance's Grand Cherokee needs relay harnesses for fogs, lows and high beams. Some cars wiring system just can't handle the initial juice required for the initial light off of the bulbs.
    Thanks man!!

Ebay - CLEAR FOGS

Quote Originally Posted by PISNUOFF View Post
    3. I use 6000K (stock low beam is 5300).
    Hey Brian, I just read somewhere the other day (FAQ maybe?) that our OEM low beams are 4300k. That's why I went with the Silverstars that are 4100k for my fogs. Can you confirm the 5300k colour temp? I'll return my Silverstars, if that's the case...

Hey Wesh8398 I've always heard 4300K for the stock Low Beams.

I have 35W H10 4500K from DDM in my fogs and they are a bit more blue than the low beams.

PISNUOFF Guest

My bad. You are correct, stock is 4300K. I corrected above.

POS VETT is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Mine was delivered Saturday.

I have not installed them; I'll be using either regular clear bulbs or amber mirror bulbs for turn signal. DRL has been disabled. I'll also use yellow bulbs for the fogs.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.