Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Ebay - CLEAR FOGS

56K views 229 replies 62 participants last post by  PootieTang 
#1 ·
#3 ·
The STS-V fogs come with lights only, no brackets. Basically after removing your amber fogs they are garbage with ZERO resale value. They also cost nearly $200 each from Lindsey or any other dealers. So $400 total and two worthless amber fogs sitting around.

Now for $279 total you will have two sets of fogs complete. You can then remove your ambers and install these fogs into your OEM brackets. After that you can resell your amber fogs for $150 easily. Costing you are a total of $129 for these fogs in the end. That's a damn bargain.

Amber fogs with brackets are worth something, amber fogs without brackets are junk, I have 4-5 of them sitting on my shelf.

#10 ·
I'm in for group buy!

#11 ·
I just ordered a set, we'll see when they come in. I did HIDs and LED in the corner bulb and my fogs a couple of weeks ago. I'm waiting for my HID kit for my high beams and I figure when I take the bumper off, I'll put these in at the same time. I also have 2 clear side marker lenses with the caddy emblem etched in, that I figure, I'll put on also. They were given to me when I bought the car. Has anyone used them before? What did you use inside the socket for a bulb and for a reflector so it looks nice when done? They are not diffused so I don't know if painting the inside reflective chrome is my best choice. Also with the clear fogs, is everyone just using an amber bulb like a 3157a or is an orange LED bright enough?

#15 ·
I agree that they do not look as "modern" as the clear homemade fogs that people are making, but these look like stock but all clear, so it will still blend in. I just hate the idea of the non-diffused fogs, I like the way the fogs light the road right now, and don't want to trade some good looks for poor performance.

#19 ·
The clear lenses look good but they are worthless as real driving/fog lights.

#26 ·
No I love the set you got. I'm buying a pair. What I meant was the guys who did the clear (not diffused) lexan glue job have worthless fog/driving lights.

#23 ·
Yeah they are nice. I'm strongly tempted to pick up a set now. I like how they are still diffused similar to the factory to help with the actual purpose of the fog lights. Thanks for putting up the pics quick-like, that's some good stuff. :thumbsup:

#24 ·
You are welcome. I'm going to install my clear side markers over the weekend. I picked up eastwoods almost chrome paint for the inside of the light assembly and have clear lenses with the caddy crest on them. If figure the non diffused side markers should make this perfect. I am amazed how nice they look. It's like they were meant to be that way.

#28 ·
I just bought the set with the side marker lenses. I'll post up some pics of my redline when I install them

#30 ·
Hey man, Hurry up!!!! :)

#29 ·
Anyone from Canada order these? Seller only lists "USA/Europe/Japan/Aus" although Canada isnt in his "not allowed list" it groups Canadian shipping with the likes of that to europe/jap/aus and quotes $145us to ship em to Canada..... It cant be that much more then whatever is charged to the states. To top it off his ebay is set to not accept any contacts, if his faq doesnt answer your question, he wont either.... I'd pick up a set of these if I could clear up the shipping.

#32 ·
I ordered a set last week and got them in a couple days ago. I should have time to install them this weekend. Initial impressions are very favorable. I have aftermarket headlights/turn signals/parking lights on my Fox Mustang and although they work, they're clearly not up to OEM standards of construction. The plastic isn't as stout, and I had to reseal the headlights after just a couple years on the car.

These CTS-V foglights/DRLs, on the other hand, might as well be OEM from what I can see. They're 100% complete - bulbs installed, wiring harness on the back just like the OEM ones. The glass has the DOT markings on it, and even has the saran wrap stuff on it to keep them from getting scratched in shipping.

Once I'll get them installed I'll give an update on fitment. I plan to tint the upper half (the DRLs) like I did with the Lexan lights I've got on the car now.

#33 ·
Just installed mine. Can't tell them from OEM. Pics this weekend. Thinking of doing the DRL mod to turn them off. BTW did the side markers to. Quality pieces all of them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.