Specter Werkes Heat Extractor Hood Installed...(with pics) - Page 6
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Specter Werkes Heat Extractor Hood Installed...(with pics) in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; naa will thats an indoor cat.. that car lives the good life in a heated garage.....
    shadybx7 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Platinum CTS V-Headers+3in pipes

Re: Specter Werkes Heat Extractor Hood Installed...(with pics)

naa will thats an indoor cat.. that car lives the good life in a heated garage..

liqidvenom is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): cts-v

prob why the exterior was so shiny, might not be the hood for me then.

c4ss is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, Black

I drive it in the winter, but not so much when it snows. The car does sit in a garage for a lot of the winter. I will drive the Tahoe in the winter most likely. Probably not a great hood for a 24/7 outdoor car.

liqidvenom is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): cts-v

yeah im wondering about how it does in weather since i park outside 99% of the time.

It's fine in rain. I've left it out in rain quite a bit. The only thing that gets wet is the intake tube really. The rest drips right out the bottom. Keep in mind I do not have the waterboxes though either. You can get those for a cool 400 dollars more from Spectre. I said no thanks.

tweeter81 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by c4ss View Post
    It's fine in rain. I've left it out in rain quite a bit. The only thing that gets wet is the intake tube really. The rest drips right out the bottom. Keep in mind I do not have the waterboxes though either. You can get those for a cool 400 dollars more from Spectre. I said no thanks.
    Dang, I don't think I had to pay any extra for the water boxes...and I got a free upgrade to the carbon fiber version (either by mistake, or because the hood took 2 weeks longer to make than was explicitly promised to me and they felt bad, I don't know for sure). I about crapped my knickers when I finally realized that I did indeed have a cf hood and not the heavy fiberglass version.

crankedupforit is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS V 07 ESCALADE

Quote Originally Posted by tweeter81 View Post
    Dang, I don't think I had to pay any extra for the water boxes...and I got a free upgrade to the carbon fiber version (either by mistake, or because the hood took 2 weeks longer to make than was explicitly promised to me and they felt bad, I don't know for sure). I about crapped my knickers when I finally realized that I did indeed have a cf hood and not the heavy fiberglass version.
    I wonder what the weight difference is?

tweeter81 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

I don't know...but the cf heat extractor absolutely feels lighter than the extremely light stock aluminum hood. I bet the whole thing is only 15-20 lbs.

I have the "heavy fiberglass one" and I don't think it's that much heavier than stock. Maybe a few pounds? I've had them side by side. I think it's safe to say it's negligible. The fact that you got a CF one for the price of a fiberglass one is pretty awesome though

Pook0823 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

hate to revive an old thread, but does anyone know where to get this hood, i have been looking for a hood exactly like this and this is the only one i found that doesn't include a cowl. but i cant find contact info or where to buy.

lunarx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 Mallett 427 CTS-V, 10 E63 AMG

FuzzyLogic is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Spectre Werkes went out of business about 18 months ago. And the Extreme Composites hood weighs 26 lbs, versus the stock hood @ 23 lbs.

NickL84 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cts-V

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyLogic View Post
    Spectre Werkes went out of business about 18 months ago. And the Extreme Composites hood weighs 26 lbs, versus the stock hood @ 23 lbs.
    Fuzzy is right, I opted for the Extreme Composites (EC) hood and I couldn't be happier with the quality. As many of you techs know, aftermarket fiberglass body panels are a crap shoot and almost always NEVER fit properly. The EC hood that I ordered, arrived in quick time (although FedEx put a small crack in the center of the hood, which was paid for by them ) It was a toss up between SW and EC, but either way I love both looks, nice job!!!

Pook0823 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    I've seen the extreme composite just looking for something without a cowl, because in the pics it looks like a fairly large cowl( not a mammoth but noticeable. Im looking for something as close to stock with heat extractor vents

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

NickL84 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cts-V

Quote Originally Posted by Pook0823 View Post
    I've seen the extreme composite just looking for something without a cowl, because in the pics it looks like a fairly large cowl( not a mammoth but noticeable. Im looking for something as close to stock with heat extractor vents

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
    Hmm, the cowl on the EC is definitely noticable, but I beleive it's 1.5-2" high, nothing too crazy. You may want to go with the SW hood instead.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.