Specter Werkes Heat Extractor Hood Installed...(with pics) - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Specter Werkes Heat Extractor Hood Installed...(with pics) in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by yooper pm me your e-mail, will send pictures of mine. PM sent....
    soflarick is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): none

Re: Specter Werkes Heat Extractor Hood Installed...(with pics)

Quote Originally Posted by yooper View Post
    pm me your e-mail, will send pictures of mine.
    PM sent.

yooper is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Escalade ESV and Caddy powered Chevy

Quote Originally Posted by soflarick View Post
    PM sent.
    and replied.

c4ss is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, Black

Quote Originally Posted by tweeter81 View Post
    Looks awesome!!!

But...I have a couple of questions as I will be placing an order for one of these babies hopefully within the next two weeks to replace my hail-damaged stock hood.

At the back of the hood, where it meets the windshield, it looks like the hood sticks up slightly, and that is how most of these SW hoods have looked in pix that I have seen. Is there anything to adjust to make that match up better?

It looks like you have a slightly larger gap on the passenger side, is that something that a professional body shop could work on and get perfect, or is that a design/build flaw.

Sorry, not trying to nitpick, it does look badass, but I just want to hear your experience and if any adjustments are possible to make the fit better.
    Tweeter,

Thanks for the compliments. As you said, there are a few placement issues with the hood at the moment. The gaps are slightly different, and the hood does not go flush with the body in the rear (mainly the passenger side rear). What I wanted to do, was get the hood on good enough so that it would close, and then take it to a professional body shop and have them make the rest of the adjustments usings spacers, or whatever necessary. I'm just as picky as you are, so it bothers me quite a bit too. I just also figured that a bodyshop will charge much less to adjust the hood rather than to install the whole thing. The starter (or what I believe to be the starter) decided to go the other day. I'll snap some close up pictures of the hood's gaps when I get the car back from the dealer.

tweeter81 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by c4ss View Post
    Tweeter,

Thanks for the compliments. As you said, there are a few placement issues with the hood at the moment. The gaps are slightly different, and the hood does not go flush with the body in the rear (mainly the passenger side rear). What I wanted to do, was get the hood on good enough so that it would close, and then take it to a professional body shop and have them make the rest of the adjustments usings spacers, or whatever necessary. I'm just as picky as you are, so it bothers me quite a bit too. I just also figured that a bodyshop will charge much less to adjust the hood rather than to install the whole thing. The starter (or what I believe to be the starter) decided to go the other day. I'll snap some close up pictures of the hood's gaps when I get the car back from the dealer.
    Thank you, sir!

I want you to know I am currently very jealous...but hopefully I will only have to be jealous for a month or so...

It is a very aggressive hood. Nothing but compliments so far. I understand some people like the subtle look, I do too: no bling for me....but there is just something about this hood that I really love. Only problem is that the V has been enjoying a little more attention from the cops as well

Are you getting your hood from Spectre on that group buy, or did that fall through?

tweeter81 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by c4ss View Post
    It is a very aggressive hood. Nothing but compliments so far. I understand some people like the subtle look, I do too: no bling for me....but there is just something about this hood that I really love. Only problem is that the V has been enjoying a little more attention from the cops as well

Are you getting your hood from Spectre on that group buy, or did that fall through?
    I'm going to see if they will still honor that price for me if I order pretty soon (I would have bought the hood sooner...), but I can't order the hood until my hail-damage insurance check arrives. I hope they can give me some kind of deal even though that group buy was unofficially supposed to stop before the beginning of June...

ichpen is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Great hood. Always wanted one. And it should in theory give you a good bit of downforce at the track as well as lower temps. Love it.

RADARB8 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V TURBOCHARGED

Question Re: Specter Werkes Heat Extractor Hood Installed...(with pics)

Quote Originally Posted by yooper View Post
    pm me your e-mail, will send pictures of mine.
    Beautiful, awesome looking hood...I just want to know the weight savings..
    I am about to buy a stock looking alum hood.weight 46lbs....What is the weight of your new hood..and do u know what the weight is with the stock hood with the innerliner???thanks, hope u can help me with that..also how much savings with the GP

Quote Originally Posted by tweeter81 View Post
    I'm going to see if they will still honor that price for me if I order pretty soon (I would have bought the hood sooner...), but I can't order the hood until my hail-damage insurance check arrives. I hope they can give me some kind of deal even though that group buy was unofficially supposed to stop before the beginning of June...
    Keep us posted, good luck

Quote Originally Posted by RADARB8 View Post
    I am about to buy a stock looking alum hood.weight 46lbs....What is the weight of your new hood..and do u know what the weight is with the stock hood with the innerliner???thanks, hope u can help me with that..also how much savings with the GP
    Thanks for the compliments on the hood. From what I've read on here, this hood is a few pounds heavier than the stock aluminum one as it's made of fiberglass. I never weighed it, so for the exact weight you'd have to ask Spectre. My hood does not have the waterboxes though, so it would weigh less than the complete hood.

ichpen is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

You're not going to shave much if any weight off the aluminum stock hood. It's pretty light. Even the carbon fiber will not be much lighter.

What I'm really interested in is if I can hack up my own stock hood to similar albeit less pronounced effect. I like the extractor but I want something a little more subtle but with vents. Might take it to a body shop and see what they say.

yooper is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Escalade ESV and Caddy powered Chevy

Sorry, don't know the weight diff. I beleive the group buy ended in June per a previous post by Specter Werkes which had the pricing, can't remember.

I bought the hood to get the air out from under the car at speed and will get the chin spoiler to offset the rear spoiler.

E-mail Matt at specker Werkes. He should have the weights or he could weigh my OEM hood which is still there.

Specter Werkes Sports is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Hey Bill,

The stock hood is pretty light, I believe around 22 lbs.

Matt
    Specter Werkes/Sports

S2Vconvert is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

that is an awesome looking hood!

whats the price tag on those things?

Quote Originally Posted by S2Vconvert View Post
    that is an awesome looking hood!

whats the price tag on those things?
    1500 unpainted for fiberglass

2000 bucks for the same one in carbon fiber.

That's why I got mine used! I was lucky, especially with how few of these hoods are floating around. Best wait for that group buy to happen, if it ever does.

Here is the link if you're interested: http://www.specterwerkessports.com/m...gory_Code=C393

S2Vconvert is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

sick! i have to remember this when i get my CTS-V ... one day. im still trying to determine which generation to get!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.