Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Anybody got radio knobs?

Tags
email
8K views 21 replies 18 participants last post by  rs1969 
#1 ·
Sorry if this doesnt belong here but I removed the radio to tend to a nasty squeek (which is gone now) and found out I chipped off a radio knobs paint.

I know a lot of you guys swapped to metal V knobs so does anyone have a like new stock knob? Let me know how much

Thanks

Mark

#2 ·
I believe they are only about $7/ea for OEM ones from the dealer. I wet sanded my original knobs with 400 grit until they were white. Then I bought a can of flat back and a can of gloss white enamel at Home Depot for $1/ea. I sprayed on a coat of flat white then a light mist coat of gloss over the flat. They look great and are very similar to OEM. The plastic is very sensitive to solvents. Be sure to avoid lacquer, as it melts and cracks the plastic.

#4 ·
luke at lidsay is asolid way to go... i got mine off ebay about a year ago and have not seen another oem set since - call luke if you been more than the knobs...

sounds like white devil can hook you up

#9 ·
The knobs pull off, you just have to give them a steady pull.

They are available to order from GM, nothing special.
We do have them in stock, brand spankin new.

#10 ·
I would probably hold out and get a set of Sea-V's anodized ones (or chrome for that matter). It's nice not ever having to worry about touching those things the wrong way ever again :yup:

#21 ·
FYI, I just tried to order a new set of radio buttons from Lindsay Cadillac. They took the order but called me the back the next day to inform me that the supplier who they get the buttons from lost their deal with GM and now they can no longer get the individual buttons.

So if we can't get them from Lindsay, anyone else have a good suggestion?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.