tint question!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, tint question! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I just dropped off my car for tint. Llamar. They told me there are two types of tint. The dyed ...
    Vedder is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

tint question!

I just dropped off my car for tint. Llamar. They told me there are two types of tint. The dyed and the tint with metallic in it. They told be that only the dyed tint would be o.k. for rear if I wanted to keep my AM radio reception.

Stealth, which Lllamar tint did you get. Did you have this problem?

Does anyone know what the heck I'm talking about.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

StealthV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 Z06 / 2013 F150 EcoBeast / 2008 Twin-Turbo Bimmer

Re: tint question!

I have the ATR which I believe is the mid-level Llumar product and is not metallic.

benjet is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I have the LLumar full metallic (dont recall which line) on mine no problems to report yet.

-Ben

Have you fully checked the AM dials. That is were they say the problem is with the metallic. If not, these guys are replacing it. Can you send me a copy of your receipt for proof to my installer if so.

How much did you pay?

For me, I haven't listened to AM radio since 1985 so I'd go with the metallic if it is legal in CA. Tint of any type is illegal here so one can "get by" with a little tint but metallic would just be saying "Pull me over and give me the safety lecture and a ticket now!"

Metallic does not = reflective, so metallic vs. non-metallic is not something you can apparently/visually see the difference of from the outsiders eye.

Yes my AM is fine. I have tint on all glass incl the windshield.

-Ben

Isn't metallic is harder to see through from the outside at certain angles? It is legal to have the back window tinted here, but absolutely cannot be metallic.

Angry Re: tint question!

just picked it up. looks good.. pretty dark though....on the rear they used non-metallic and the rest with the metallic.. all Llamar... feels great! inside.

Problem, they did not get all the bubbles in the rear around the edges and at the top. they said it needs to dry for about a week and then they can fix it.. sounded like a shaky answer when he told me.

Also, now that benjet was able to do the metallic on the rear with NO interferance of AM antenna, I want them to switch out the rear to the metallic and take benjet's word for it....

what are your thoughts please?... also, did they get allthe bubbles blacked out? If so, did they accomplish this on the first visit?

WhiteLightning is offline Cadillac Owners Member

de-lurk
    All-

I'm a convert. Huper Optik. I've had tint on all my vehicles, always.

Our official vehicles are heavily tinted.

NOTHING, but nothing compares to the optical clarity and heat rejection of huper optik.

http://www.huperoptik.com

It's more expensive, takes longer to dry and is more difficult to apply. Also, it is not available in as many grades of color.

But it really works well.

WL
    re-lurk

Unhappy Re: tint question!

Metallic does not = reflective, so metallic vs. non-metallic is not something you can apparently/visually see the difference of from the outsiders eye.

Yes my AM is fine. I have tint on all glass incl the windshield.

-Ben[/QUOTE]

Can anyone else verify this.. My tint guy swears if I put the Metallic tint on rear my AM ratio will not work.

If I hear from another person that AM works fine after putting metallic on rear, I'm going to make them change it for free..

Call me and I'll let you hear my AM from inside the V
    LOL
    -Ben

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.