HID Foglights
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, HID Foglights in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Where did you get yours? I searched, but results were erratic. Are 8k (or what) the closest to matching the ...
    lollygagger8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2004 CTS-V

HID Foglights

Where did you get yours? I searched, but results were erratic.

Are 8k (or what) the closest to matching the factory headlights? I want to match, and plug and play. I plan on baking my old lens covers out asap and hooking up the clear lenses and want the cleanest look possible obviously.

Also, what do you replace the bulbs for the DRL's with? The ones that are silver when not on, but yellow when they light up? Or something else?

I'm looking for direct links please.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

pveomett is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: HID Foglights

These are pretty close to what I got for my fogs. You need an H10 size bulb, and 4700k or 5000k is the closest to the stock color you will get. I got 6000k, and they are more blueish than my headlights (the higher color temperatures are really blue, even a little purple)

I haven't relplaced my DRL bulbs, but they are a 3157 bulb. Hopefully that helps...

RVO27 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I picked up my HID's for my fog lights from SharpHID I got the H10 kit in 4300K. It's a really close match. He also carries the silver bulbs that you can replace your DRL's with so that there isn't an orange tint when the bulbs are off.

Twitch is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo

DO NOT go over 4300K
    '05 Platinum l LPE CAI l Magnaflow l V1 (hardwired), w/ custom mount l UUC shifter l UUC Alcantara shift knob l K9 GEAR rear seat cover lHID fogs lHotchkis sways lCG-Lock l Specter Bushings l FG2s l Ground control 550/600 l MAGGIE 439RWHP/414RWTQ (Dynojet) l Heavys fire extinguisher bracket l Interceptor scan-gauge l Billet pedals l Meth l NO HEADERS l Original diff l 90mm upgrade l 2.6" drive pulley l LS7 clutch w/16lb. FW l Alcantara

945liter is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

4300-5000k im using 6k all around it has a light Blue tint. i bought mine from ebay the FOGs for like 55-60 shipped no issues yet.

The DRL bulbs you want are th sylvania silverstars.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Great thread, lolly!

Now, start another one on where to find the buck$.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

LUVMY04V is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 04 cadillac cts v

The cleanest look is 10k lows and 8k fogs IMHO

JD03Cobra is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 Platinum CTS V

^^ I agree that looks sweet but is it a little too bright at night time? Is anybody flashing their brights at you?

stuckey is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V

people are flashing me constantly with 5000k fogs and stock lows

Quote Originally Posted by pveomett View Post
    These are pretty close to what I got for my fogs. You need an H10 size bulb, and 4700k or 5000k is the closest to the stock color you will get. I got 6000k, and they are more blueish than my headlights (the higher color temperatures are really blue, even a little purple)

I haven't relplaced my DRL bulbs, but they are a 3157 bulb. Hopefully that helps...
    Where are you guys putting the balas? Bolt it to something? Tape it up?

Quote Originally Posted by RVO27 View Post
    I picked up my HID's for my fog lights from SharpHID I got the H10 kit in 4300K. It's a really close match. He also carries the silver bulbs that you can replace your DRL's with so that there isn't an orange tint when the bulbs are off.
    Thanks man!

Quote Originally Posted by Twitch View Post
    DO NOT go over 4300K
    Ok sounds like this is the way to go to keep as close to your factory bulbs as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by 945liter View Post
    The DRL bulbs you want are the sylvania silverstars.
    Thank you Sir!

Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post
    Great thread, lolly!
    Now, start another one on where to find the buck$.
    You mean: The buck$ for the axles?

Quote Originally Posted by LUVMY04V View Post
    The cleanest look is 10k lows and 8k fogs IMHO
    Looks badass, but I wonder the same thing that JD03 is saying, do you ever get brighted?

Is the small corner light in the headlights just need to be replaced with a 194 LED light? Looking for white, not the stock yellow tint.

Twitch is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo

I did it through the wheel well. Its kinda tight, and I just wedged them in there. Maybe zip tie them to something.
    And somebody tell Luv to stop posting pictures of his rims,,,,we've all senn them 100 times.
    Its like he"s mocking people.......
    '05 Platinum l LPE CAI l Magnaflow l V1 (hardwired), w/ custom mount l UUC shifter l UUC Alcantara shift knob l K9 GEAR rear seat cover lHID fogs lHotchkis sways lCG-Lock l Specter Bushings l FG2s l Ground control 550/600 l MAGGIE 439RWHP/414RWTQ (Dynojet) l Heavys fire extinguisher bracket l Interceptor scan-gauge l Billet pedals l Meth l NO HEADERS l Original diff l 90mm upgrade l 2.6" drive pulley l LS7 clutch w/16lb. FW l Alcantara

Ok cool. Thanks!

Is the small corner light in the headlights just need to be replaced with a 194 LED light? Looking for white, not the stock yellow tint.

35w or 55w for the H10 fogs??

LUVMY04V is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 04 cadillac cts v

Quote Originally Posted by JD03Cobra View Post
    ^^ I agree that looks sweet but is it a little too bright at night time? Is anybody flashing their brights at you?
    yeah but they did before too

Quote Originally Posted by lollygagger8 View Post

Looks badass, but I wonder the same thing that JD03 is saying, do you ever get brighted?
    Oh yes but 1 in 30 people are *******s any way just point the fogs down as much as possible and ur good

Quote Originally Posted by Twitch View Post
    I did it through the wheel well. Its kinda tight, and I just wedged them in there. Maybe zip tie them to something.
    And somebody tell Luv to stop posting pictures of his rims,,,,we've all senn them 100 times.
    Its like he"s mocking people.......
    Grass is always greener my friend

Btw I had 8k in low and 8k in the fogs on my regular cts and im not sure which i liked better for low's so either 8 or 10 works imo (10 is pretty blue tinted compared to stock 8 is just really white leaning towards blue )

JD03Cobra is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 Platinum CTS V

Good site for the HIDS
    http://www.ddmtuning.com/

The Corner lights are a 194 wedge type bulb. I used the first light on this site. They run a little on the blue side but look cool.
    http://autolumination.com/194.htm

Options for the DRL's
    http://www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProd...verStarSignal/
    http://www.stealthauto.com/Products/...ALTHBULBS.aspx

Cheap price:
    http://autolumination.com/titaniumseries.htm

I don't need a wiring harness, correct? These all come with everything you need?

Also, did I hear/read something about having to plug something in backwards at some point?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.