Cadillac Owners Forum banner

I'm @ It Again - Aftermarket Hood Idea (both CTS-V & CTS)

16K views 29 replies 15 participants last post by  BLOCKER 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,

As some of you know, I have been attempting to get a Ram Air style hood made for our cars for like 8 months and have not had any luck. I think there are a couple of good aftermarket hoods out there for our cars, but not nearly enough choices and in one case, not really different enough from the stock hood to justify spending mucho bucks on it.

See the attached pictures for my latest hood idea. I have been talking with Mike from pfyc.com (Parts For Your Car) about the possibility of the Inferno Ram Air / Heat Extractor hood getting made for our 1st Gen. Vs and CTSs.

I want to hear your opinions on if this would be a good idea and more importantly if this is something that any of you guys would be interested in.

Also, see the following copied emails between Mike and myself about the pricing and how many deposits we would need to get this project rolling.

Hi C.J.

We would need 12 people who would put up a $200 deposit each to get the project moving along. The deposit would only be half refundable to anyone who backed out unless they were able to get someone to take their spot. If too many people backed out without replacement before the project moved along very far, we'd reserve the right to cancel the project and refund everyone. If that were the case, anyone we who was still in on the date we canceled the project would be due a full refund minus 3% to cover our administrative costs.

Pricing would be as follows...

Fiberglass - $749.
Carbon Fiber $924.

Once all the deposits are in, the project would take about 2 months before we started making hoods (possibly less but I'd rather be on the conservative side).

The first 10 people to place a deposit would receive a $50 coupon for use when they pay their balance if that helps motivate them. FYI, the inlet scoops are functional too, then feed into the area at the driver's side front of the car where the airbox is.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

C.J. Sloan wrote:
> Mike,
> Thanks so much for the reply. I am not surprised that you have not seen a demand for it because not many Cadillac owners have ever seen this hood, but I will be posting some pix of your hood on the online forums that I frequent and hopefully I will be able get 10-15 guys interested. Just so I have a number to tell everybody, how much of a deposit would be required from everybody? I would like to at least have a ballpark figure so people can decide if it would be worth the money or not. If I can play up the heat extractor capabilities of the hood I really might be able to hook a number of CTS-V guys, as most of them don't like aftermarket parts that are only for looks, they want functionality as well. This hood would really help all those Supercharged CTS-Vs keep their engine bay cooler.
> Thanks again and I will keep you informed if I can drum up some interest.
> C.J. Sloan

Let's hear those thoughts!

See less See more
#2 ·
EPP in Fort Wayne, IN just made a hood for RLJ5's car that you might be interested in. They were talking about possibly making more for other customers. You may want to contact them.

*edit* It looks like RLJ5 will be keeping his current heat extractor hood on the car, so they may have this one just laying around looking for a home!

#3 ·
EPP in Fort Wayne, IN just made a hood for RLJ5's car that you might be interested in. They were talking about possibly making more for other customers. You may want to contact them.

*edit* It looks like RLJ5 will be keeping his current heat extractor hood on the car, so they may have this one just laying around looking for a home!
Wow, that looks pretty sick. Thanks for showing that to me. One thing though, what is up the the non-symmetrical vents, I don't really like that at all.

#4 ·
Both ideas are sick.. Im willing to throw in money just for R&D.. but i would have to support the concept.

I like the thought of having one ram air in the middle so I can throw one custom K&N up front to supply air right into the maggie.

Cowan

#8 ·
how much would it weigh?

#11 ·
I can definitely ask that next time I email Mike. I bet any hood we get made won't be lighter than a stock CTS-V (aluminum) hood though.

#16 ·
#18 ·
^^ negative.

#22 ·
I liked the last idea better.

#24 ·
F$$$ It!

I guess I am going to be stuck saving money for the damn Spectrewerkes Heat Extractor, since that is the only aftermarket hood that I even slightly like. I just didn't want to spend a fortune on a hood, but I feel that I need something different to complete the look I am going for with the car.

Damn, I wish a few of you guys would just get on board with one of these ideas and we would have another cool hood option...but everybody is so worried about weight and if it is carbon fiber or not. Come on, anything would be better than the flat, ugly thing that is the stock hood. But I guess that is just me thinking out loud.

#25 ·
I'm not a racer, so I could care less about a few extra pounds...infact my ass has a few extra pounds too ;)
What did EPP tell you as far as pricing for Bob's one off hood? I would love a different hood and would already have one if they were the same price as honda's and acura's (@$500). Sucks that we have to pay atleast 2x more due to limited numbers.

#26 · (Edited)
CTS-Voodoo expressed more interest in that hood so I figured I would let him have the first chance to buy and also see if EPP would be interested in making more. I don't love that look, but it is definitely a step in the right direction. I really want to see it painted (whatever color) to match a car to see how it will really look...but as always, I am very partial to a dual snout opening style of hood as I have always loved the last generation Trans Am hoods, which is what I am trying to (loosely) base my ideas on.

#30 ·
So I did some more digging, just to confirm, this is the EPP that was mentioned?

Company Name :
Exotic Performance Plus
• Products and Services :
Automobile Racing Car Equipment - 553113
• Contact Names and Positions :
Bob, Beam - President
• Year of Establish :2003

Telephone :
260.483-9300 / +1-260.483-9300
• Street :2639 Goshen Road
• Locality :Fort Wayne
• State :IN
• ZIP Code :46808

I cannot find a current website so far, does anyone know if they are still in business?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.