I know there are a few threads on this already but they all seam to lack pictures. Since i had never seen pictures of the steps in this DIY, i had been hesitant to do this mod so hopefully this will get someone off the fence and plunge them into mod hell..
here is ONE of the many the writes up i used:
thanks svb4. this one was really helpfull
Well i picked up a set of unused YGMS smoked lenses($50) from a forum member and a set of spare fog light housings from another member($80). supplies cost $9 @ lowes.
Today i baked my fog lights, disassembled both and was able to glue on one of the lenses. had the oven at 350* then turned it off.. both of the fogs were in there for 6-7 mins then i pulled one out and worked on it till it cooled off and rotated for the one in the oven. just don't rush and keep them hot.. IT went a lot faster then i thought.I got carried away and made some marks and started snipping the divider, and ended up with a decent cut but if i was going to do it again i would have used the first divider to trace a cutting line on the second divider. but its all 20:20 in hind sight,right .
then i wet sanded the metal divider with 200grit to make it look better and used 220 fine grit to rough up the plastic.. I used Loctite pastix bonder as the main glue with loctite stick'n seal to put on after to make sure everything is waterproof. Im still not done so if you have any questions or pic requests let me know..