Cadillac Owners Forum banner
28K views 79 replies 27 participants last post by  JD03Cobra 
#1 ·
I know there are a few threads on this already but they all seam to lack pictures. Since i had never seen pictures of the steps in this DIY, i had been hesitant to do this mod so hopefully this will get someone off the fence and plunge them into mod hell..

here is ONE of the many the writes up i used:
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forum...clear-fogs-hid-kit-installed.html#post1110020
thanks svb4. this one was really helpfull

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forum...007/85527-installing-foglights-writeup-3.html

Well i picked up a set of unused YGMS smoked lenses($50) from a forum member and a set of spare fog light housings from another member($80). supplies cost $9 @ lowes.

Today i baked my fog lights, disassembled both and was able to glue on one of the lenses. had the oven at 350* then turned it off.. both of the fogs were in there for 6-7 mins then i pulled one out and worked on it till it cooled off and rotated for the one in the oven. just don't rush and keep them hot.. IT went a lot faster then i thought.I got carried away and made some marks and started snipping the divider, and ended up with a decent cut but if i was going to do it again i would have used the first divider to trace a cutting line on the second divider. but its all 20:20 in hind sight,right .

then i wet sanded the metal divider with 200grit to make it look better and used 220 fine grit to rough up the plastic.. I used Loctite pastix bonder as the main glue with loctite stick'n seal to put on after to make sure everything is waterproof. Im still not done so if you have any questions or pic requests let me know..

See less See more
#3 ·
I have the newer ones he had and they are so dark you can't even see the fogs at night they are so dark. I will be getting rid of them and going to sts fogs I think. Looks good and reminds me of how much I hated doing this.

But I also noticed you took the box that goes around the light off? I'm sure that helps.

#4 ·
thanks guys
im going to install 55w 8k ddm Hid's in the fogs. im going for the "brite as Fuk" look. . im waiting on those to be delivered and i still need to get 194 leds for the corner lights and sliverstars for the blinkers...

#14 ·
... im going to install 55w 8k ddm Hid's in the fogs. im going for the "brite as Fuk" look. ...
This is EXACTLY what I want to do. Been too lazy (heck, it's been too cold for the last several months!) and have been putting off doing the research on here to properly plan the whole thing. Would love to see this when you're done.

#6 ·
thanks, yea i remember a while back that you were looking for these too.. im pumped i finally got a set, im sure there are some more unused sets floating around somewhere..

im still waiting on my damn ddm HIDs.. i think UPS hates me..

#7 ·
Thanks for doing this writeup. I'm still waiting for a nice warm day when I have nothing else to do to hop on this. These pictures should really help me get these out of the "waiting to go on" section of my signature :thumbsup:

#9 ·
no problem c4, just glad i can give back to this forum.. i dont plan on finishing/installing these fogs until the end of may so let me know if you need a hand when it gets nice out..

sojers.. yeah the OEM metal divider just needs to be trimmed so it doesn't interfere with the lenses..i sanded it down because my tin snips are kinda dull and the cut looked halfass.

#17 ·
Luv. What kind of glue did you use? I dont know if you would be able to seperate the housings from the lenses.
btw the old skool ww fogs look good

#18 ·
Thanks and I used clear silicone adhesive from autozone comes in a gun thing. Its what they recommended in the homemade fogs thread. Worked very good and i have done this twice now (with my 03cts first) and havent had a leak yet! it helped that i heated the lens up a little too and bent it into form before I glued it too :thumbsup: so there is no pressure :highfive:

#20 ·
bump for UWOOD, Get off your ass and start baking bro :D

#24 ·
:suspect:

Already getting called out in a thread. Feels like my local board. :want:

:lol:

I am going to have to get this done. Damn it. I wonder if there are a set of lenses out there that some one wants to get rid of........

#21 ·
ughhhh...wish you didn't bump this thread. Now it makes me feel like I HAVE to do this this weekend :suspense:. Been lazy lately.

#22 ·
If anyone has a spare set of cts-v fogs let me know.
I also need a passenger side fog light brace.

Been putting off this mod for a while.
Still have the WW lenses.

#23 ·
[YOUTUBE]JoqDYcCDOTg&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

#26 ·
I went the super cheap way. I bought some clear coat, some VHT nightshades, pulled the markers and fogs out in about 30 minutes. Sanded, painted, cleared, waited overnight, and put it all back together. Does it look absolutely perfect under a microscope? No. Are the fog lights dark now? Yes, because I painted the whole lense. Can you see my turn signals during the day? Sort of. Can you see them at night? Yup. Did I achieve the look I wanted for under $20 and in under an hour total? Yes.

I figure that I can buy black side markers off of ebay for $39 if I ever decide that mine are too dark. I can also go to STS-V fogs if I ever want to go clear.

I'll post some pics up of my rattle can job later. It's been two weeks and so far it's held up fine.

#27 ·
Post pics soon please. I was just talking about this about an hour ago with a guy here at work. If I can get the orage look outta the lights with nightshade then that is the route I will go. I will take the extra time getting the HIDs installed.

Off to go order the little driving bulbs. Again... what the hell was Cadillac thinking.....

#29 ·
i went the easier route and just used niteshades over the amber turns and picked up the eBay smoked corners... looks a ton better than stock and the turns shine through the translucent black paint no problem... with a lil patience and proper prep, the VHT product works great.

#31 ·
That looks pretty good. I was thinking of doing darker on top and then a light coat on the bottom to kinda blend it in.

Hum.....Going to have to wait till I get back from Mecum this weekend anyway. Guess I got more time to think about it.

#30 ·
I would probably use the nightshade if I was one of those guys that got screwed out of getting his set from yourGMsolutions (or didn't order any for that matter), but I got lucky and he sent me mine, so I'm probably going to do it the old fashioned way :yup:

#32 ·
PART 2 Finally

8K 55W DDM kit ,3157 silver star clear/amber bulbs, SMT 5 led Towers from VLED, YGMS lenses,

took about 1.5 hours going slow

#33 ·

i love it:cloud9: just need a GC drop.. anyone want to sponsor me??:histeric:

only thing i dont like is this gap.. no way to fix it without hacking up the housing so whatever, the YGMS lenses are a little to thin i guess

ESSENTIAL links

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2004/155272-going-install-new-hid-bulbs-fog-2.html
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2004/162751-pics-smoked-fogs-hids-mounted-housing.html

:highfive:thanks to everyone who contributed to these 2 fine threads..

no night pics yet but i take some when i get a chance

#34 ·
I put a line of foam weather stripping (from Home Depot) around the housing to fill the gap between the light and the front bumper. It has held up so far after a few washes and a few months of driving.

#35 ·
nice. Did you stick the adhesive backing to the ruber trim ring or fog light lense?

#36 ·
I stuck the adhesive to the fog light lense. It took some trial and error to line it up to the rubber trim ring.

#37 ·
:thumbsup: looks great!!! so are the 55w brighter than low beams?

#38 ·
thanks redev i will pick some up tomorrow

thanks

:yup: yup, i think its because they have a pencil beam that is really long.i thought they would be the opposite and send light out to the sides since it has no projector.. i dunno

i just got back from work and realized a few things.

1. the driver side fog needs to be raised up with that little adjustment screw.. the passenger side it pretty good where it is. im guessing.

is there a recommended height for fog light beams? like from XXfeet back from a wall the fog beam should be XXft high.......

2. these fogs are super white and make my low beams look slightly purpleish, its hard to notice at first glance:hmm: it sounds weird but whatever I really don't care that the beams don't match, i think they look great, i will get some pics when my camera is charged

#40 ·
:noidea:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.