Pics smoked fogs - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Pics smoked fogs in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by Caddy916Squad you will be surprised how blue 8k is going to be when running 55w kit.. im ...
    Ferny is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Re: Pics smoked fogs

Quote Originally Posted by Caddy916Squad View Post
    you will be surprised how blue 8k is going to be when running 55w kit..
    im running 55wat 6k in my halos and my fogs and fogs considerably come out more blueish.

example...

But back on topic GREAT POST.. I feel confident enough to make it my next project
    damn, that thing looks like a 4x4 lifted truck man lol, im just messin scott. lets lower that bad boy now. so how did the drl's come out?

Caddy916Squad is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): NONE

haha i am dieing to drop it i just need different rims on it.
    i want to fun 18's instead of 20's.
    and for sure pick up a staggered set.

hXc95SLS is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1992 Dodge Dakota DD, 2005 CTS-V Black on Black

Im doin the lens Friday afternoon. Seems easy enough. And Shady those fogs are almost an exact match to the headlights.

ban-ls1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

so is epoxy the best thing to use or silicone?

shadybx7 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Platinum CTS V-Headers+3in pipes

Quote Originally Posted by hXc95SLS View Post
    Im doin the lens Friday afternoon. Seems easy enough. And Shady those fogs are almost an exact match to the headlights.
    good luck Hxc and thanks for the second opinion.. they look different in person than in photos

Quote Originally Posted by ban-ls1 View Post
    so is epoxy the best thing to use or silicone?
    Epoxy for sure. the housings have a curve to them. so you need some strong glue. go to lowes and buy this:

I used the epoxy first then followed up with the stick N seal to fill in any gaps. i ended up doing a light bead around the whole fog lens on the seem just for overkill... i would hate to blow a HID Bulb because of condensation..

hXc95SLS is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1992 Dodge Dakota DD, 2005 CTS-V Black on Black

I just finished mine. I still have to smoke them but I did the so called "oven" method. Came out awesome. Hopefully now I can Find my camera and snap a few pics before and after I smoke them out.

c4ss is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, Black

I did my fogs quite awhile ago, but never posted pics. Since this seems to be the best "How To Make Your Fogs Clear" thread, might as well make it legendary. Here are a few of my install pics as well as before and after shots. I used the same expoxy Shady used earlier on in the thread. The bulbs are stock (soon to be brighter once I decide what bulbs I want). After expoxying and sealing them with silicone or the Loctite stuff Shady and I used, I recommend getting a bucket of water and testing them (as seen in the pic). Last thing you want is a leaky fog light blowing out your nice new bulbs. As you can see I went to town with the Loctite Stik and Seal (after epoxying with the clamps) to make sure I didn't have any leaks for the water test. I suggest doing this, because as you can see in the pics, the gasket blocks the outside of the lights anyway, and you can't see it. Hope this helps someone. Excuse the dirty car....it is my DD and the roads were salty from snow. PM me if you have questions.

heres mine. we cut the lexan, put screws in each corner (be careful cuz it can crack) added silicone, then on they went. didnt have to wait over night. screws are still in, you cant see them cuz the bumper covers them. props to scott for helping me with this one, or actually he did them, i watched

Quote Originally Posted by Ferny View Post
    heres mine. we cut the lexan, put screws in each corner (be careful cuz it can crack) added silicone, then on they went. didnt have to wait over night. screws are still in, you cant see them cuz the bumper covers them. props to scott for helping me with this one, or actually he did them, i watched

Looks good. I feel like they REALLY set the silver off....even better than the black

Looks Great guys!!! the way it should of came from the factory...

this LOOKS like overkill but its not!!! I found out the hard way that you can never have enough clamps when working with thick lexan... Great pics Matt and your right, the bucket test is a must..

The more clamps the better. I mean, they were a dollar a piece at Home Depot and you'll probably use them again for another project. I thought I went a little more overkill on the Stik n' Seal to be honest. I mean that light was like a drum for sure.

BTW, I forgot to note that these are the original YGMS lenses that I actually received from him. I think he shipped like....5 of the 20 or so sets and I got lucky I think Lexan is pretty much the same stuff though, and gives the same results. Just do it if you haven't. It's easy.

JD03Cobra is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 Platinum CTS V

Looks great! So when you put the new piece of Lexan on, do you have to heat it up first to make it bend or simply using the clamps is enough pressure to do this?

Quote Originally Posted by JD03Cobra View Post
    Looks great! So when you put the new piece of Lexan on, do you have to heat it up first to make it bend or simply using the clamps is enough pressure to do this?
    some do.. some don't...I have YGMS lenses like C4ss.. and thats what YGMS did. he heated the lexan and then using gloves and a football, he created the curve.. his lenses also have raised blocks of lexan that fit nicely into the housing.. You really dont have to do any of this.. if you:

1. use alot of clamps like C4ss with the glue we used
    2. don't use super thick lexan.it doesn't have to be that thick. check poast #60

you could also just do it west coast style, drill a pilot hole in the corner each lens and housing then slap on some glue and screw that sucker down..

good luck, clear fogs make this car look so much classier IMO.. you don't see benz's and BMW's running around with amber DRLS

Quote Originally Posted by shadybx7 View Post
    some do.. some don't...I have YGMS lenses like C4ss.. and thats what YGMS did. he heated the lexan and then using gloves and a football, he created the curve.. his lenses also have raised blocks of lexan that fit nicely into the housing.. You really dont have to do any of this.. if you:

1. use alot of clamps like C4ss with the glue we used
    2. don't use super thick lexan.it doesn't have to be that thick. check poast #60

you could also just do it west coast style, drill a pilot hole in the corner each lens and housing then slap on some glue and screw that sucker down..

good luck, clear fogs make this car look so much classier IMO.. you don't see benz's and BMW's running around with amber DRLS
    WEST SIDE
    lol

JD03Cobra is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 Platinum CTS V

Anyone have a picture of the Sylvania's lit up? Seem like every thread is about the Fog Light color but I've never seen the orange/yellow light. I'm curious how different it is vs the stock look.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.