Cadillac Owners Forum banner
81K views 325 replies 83 participants last post by  acv1081 
#1 ·
So there is a guy on ebay selling what look to be very good quality door locks and radio knobs. I asked him about discounted price on volume.

So who is interested?

Sorry, but he didn't tell me how much he was expecting but I think he is reasonable.

#29 ·
Re: Billet door handles and v radio knobs group buy

I have bid on the radio knobs already and just stubbled over this post. If out bid and the price gets too steep, I want in on a group rate too. Those lock pulls are sweet so I will not bid on those and hope to get in on a group deal as well.

Thanks for the post!

~ Grendel_Blitz ('04 V)

\m/

#30 ·

I'm interested in the locks and radio knobs (preferably without logos though).

#31 ·

It's nice that there is alot of interest in this mod but if this seller doesn't become a vendor there will be never be a group buy...

So who is in contact with this eBay seller and can get him to commit to becoming a vendor and setting up a group buy??????

:alchi:

#32 ·

Lock pulls might be good as long as they won't clash with my Momo.

The stock lock pulls are looking a bit nasty, actually. All scraped up.

#33 ·

Well I contacted the guy to let him know what kind of interest there was. I told him at the time there was maybe 15 or so interested in one or more items. But now it seems like 20 or so. He said 20 was the magic number, so I think we're there. He still hasn't given a ballpark price yet (I think it's because of his current ebay auctions) but he said he is a "V guy" so he will be reasonable. So why isn't he a member right?

I'll make sure he becomes a vender. What exactly do you have to do to become one?

#37 ·

Hi Guys !!!!
I'm the Guy on E-bay with the billet alum Door lock pulls & Radio knobs. Thanks for the nice compliments on my work !!!
Like I said on my E-bay listing I make these in my spare time. I'm not looking to make a killing on these. However just so everybody understands what you see on my E-bay ads and what I made for my own "V" is all that I've made so far. I think the stuff looks great in the car ( The door locks even sound better if you can believe that!!! ) the set screws are as far down on the lock as possible & the radio knobs with the "V" logos come in R.H. and L.H. so that the set screws are facing the inside of the car when the logos are horizontal. I think you guys will like this stuff. I will guarantee them 100% if you don't like them or the don't fit for some reason just send them back I will refund your money. I told "rb1" that at 20+ complete sets it's worth my while to tool up and run some more. I will run these parts in qty. for your group buy only, so if you want in on it now is the time. In order to keep the prices low the more people we can get the better I can do. When the time comes I will become a vendor. Also if one of you members is willing to act as an Administrator/Distributor and work with me I will give them a Free set !! of Lock Pulls and Radio knobs and any other new products that come out. Which brings me to the next subject feedback on new items. What would guys like to see the most? I'm thinking Center Armrest ends , A/C vent knobs , center caps for wheels with the "V" logo , Sunroof knob?
Thanks again everybody !!!
Have a great weekend
Peter
P.S.
Because of the high response to my e-bay listing I went into the shop today and made 10 more sets of radio knobs 8 sets with the "V" logo and 2 plain sets. Since the group buy probably wont happen until after the Holidays look for them on E-bay if you have to a set for that special Holiday Gift !!!

G
#215 ·

hello i have just taken delivery of my 2010 cts-v as well as a 2010 gmc denali pick-up can you send me some pictures of the products you offer as well as some info on a group buy threw the caddillac owners group? thanks bob my email is bobk469101@aol.com
Hi Guys !!!!
I'm the Guy on E-bay with the billet alum Door lock pulls & Radio knobs. Thanks for the nice compliments on my work !!!
Like I said on my E-bay listing I make these in my spare time. I'm not looking to make a killing on these. However just so everybody understands what you see on my E-bay ads and what I made for my own "V" is all that I've made so far. I think the stuff looks great in the car ( The door locks even sound better if you can believe that!!! ) the set screws are as far down on the lock as possible & the radio knobs with the "V" logos come in R.H. and L.H. so that the set screws are facing the inside of the car when the logos are horizontal. I think you guys will like this stuff. I will guarantee them 100% if you don't like them or the don't fit for some reason just send them back I will refund your money. I told "rb1" that at 20+ complete sets it's worth my while to tool up and run some more. I will run these parts in qty. for your group buy only, so if you want in on it now is the time. In order to keep the prices low the more people we can get the better I can do. When the time comes I will become a vendor. Also if one of you members is willing to act as an Administrator/Distributor and work with me I will give them a Free set !! of Lock Pulls and Radio knobs and any other new products that come out. Which brings me to the next subject feedback on new items. What would guys like to see the most? I'm thinking Center Armrest ends , A/C vent knobs , center caps for wheels with the "V" logo , Sunroof knob?
Thanks again everybody !!!
Have a great weekend
Peter
P.S.
Because of the high response to my e-bay listing I went into the shop today and made 10 more sets of radio knobs 8 sets with the "V" logo and 2 plain sets. Since the group buy probably wont happen until after the Holidays look for them on E-bay if you have to a set for that special Holiday Gift !!!

#39 ·

Hey Sea-V. I sent you a message on ebay about the armrest caps and told you about the forum. May not have been the first to mention the forum but its glad to see you come aboard. The parts you make look really good and it looks like you take pride in your work. Cant wait to see some prices for the group buy. Hey maybe Luke could send you one of his track wheels and maybe you could make some custom center caps for the uncapable wheel!!! Thanks again for joining and offering your time to help us all who really enjoy the V.

#40 ·

Center caps with V logo.

#45 ·

We've got volume numbers, i.e. 20+.

The eBay auction on the knobs is up to $48 with 16 bids and 2 days 11 hours to go and $77/$75 with 4h/1d 10h to go on the two sets of pulls.

Can we get pricing on this "group buy," or do we have to wait for the conclusion of these eBay auctions?

Finally, people have brought up a couple of other knobs as candidates for "aluminizing" ... anybody got any more ideas?

:food-snacking:

#46 ·

Good Morning Guys !!!!
Just a quick note this morning. A special Thanks to Rob (rb1) and Brian ( ctsv154) for turning me on to this forum. Brian has volunteered to take orders and distribute the finished parts. That will help keep the prices low. Also I see from your posts that some of you already have some of these parts. Who is making them and what are some of their prices. Since I make these parts in my spare time I don't want to step on anyone's toes if they are members of this forum. Heck if the quality and prices are right I will buy them myself and save the trouble of making them.
Have a great day talk to you all again soon !!! Sea-V

#49 ·

Also I see from your posts that some of you already have some of these parts. Who is making them and what are some of their prices.
No one is making them. The question should be "who made them"...

Lastss (Marty) made a run of them a while back...
http://lastss.cadillacfaq.com/
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forum...4/124046-billet-door-lock-sets-available.html
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forum...forum-2004/145497-billet-locks-knobs-etc.html

From all the reading and research I've done (as well as others, I'm sure)... the machining of the pieces is NOT the hard part, it's getting the finish to match the stock parts. Marty used Ano-Brite out of CA. (all included in the above posted links).

If you can match his quality and attention to detail, I'm SURE you'll score big with this crowd...

As I said before, I have some of Marty's parts in my car (as do others interested) and I would really want the "new" parts to match.

Hope this helps the cause!

Oh... and a BIG :welcome:

#50 ·

As I said before, I have some of Marty's parts in my car (as do others interested) and I would really want the "new" parts to match.

Oh... and a BIG :welcome:
:yeah:

Looking forward to seeing what other pieces you can produce.
:pop2:

#51 ·

OK Guys !!!!
I took a chance on you guys wanting some of these Radio Knobs and Door Lock Pulls and became a "Authorized Vendor" today. Thanks for nice welcome and the feedback on who's made them before. Now for answer to the question you all want to know. When I make some more the "Price" of "Set's" for sale individually either on this forum or on E-bay will be as follows $40.00 per set of (2) for the Radio knobs, and $80.00 per set of (4) for the Door Lock Pulls. So for the mathimatically challenged That would be $2400.00 for 20 Set's of both or $20.00 per part. In the interest of getting as many of these parts into the hands of "V" lovers as possible for the "Group Buy" I will take 20% off the $2400.00 or $1920.00 for the (20) sets, that would be $32.00 per set of (2) for the Radio Knobs and $64.00 per set of (4) for the Door Lock Pulls or $16.00 per part for this group buy only. I already have the programs and tooling so I'm ready to go. Come on guys that's dirt cheap shop it around if you want I dont think you will find any better prices. I will make delivery of the parts within 30 day's of the final order on the group buy. Just so it's crystal clear to everyone these parts have NO!!! plating on them. I hand rub them with scotch-brite and hit them on a buffing wheel to burnish the finish a little. I do work with several different Platers and would be happy to look into it or maybe you guys already have one in mind. Plating of course would add to the cost. I hope you guys like the price and I hope to be hearing from some of you soon. Thanks. !!!
Have a nice night
Sea-V
Peter Evans at CapeCodBillet.@comcast,net
P.S. I will not be taking indivual orders on this group buy. You will need to contact Brian Cox at brian@squareplanet.com

#53 ·

Hey I'm ctsv154 and I'm not Brian just to let everyone know. So dont pm trying to get ahold of him. Dont know his screen name, but his email is linked above.

#55 ·

Any chance on getting the radio knobs WITHOUT the "V" emblem? Possibly with the dimple like the Lastss versions?

I'm not 100% sold on the radio knob look, but I know I don't like the V emblem... it would drive me insane every time it was not level :(

#57 ·

email sent... the V logo on the radio knobs looks pimp...let me know when to Pay

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.