CCW Wheels (505A) Oh yeah!!! - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, CCW Wheels (505A) Oh yeah!!! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Thats my Corvette you posted the picture of. I was very pleased with the CCW wheels, you guys are going ...
    alexWS6 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: CCW Wheels (505A) Oh yeah!!!

Thats my Corvette you posted the picture of. I was very pleased with the CCW wheels, you guys are going to love them. I was planning on getting the SP16A's if I ended up getting a V. Stiff1- you are going to have to post some pictures once you get them on!

Alex

6104696 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

This is going to sound like a stupid question(s) but I will ask them anyway:

1) Is the CTS-V six lug pattern the same as a suburban 1500?

2) Is the offset different?

3) Will the CTS-V wheels accomodate conventional (non-runflat) tires?

I suspect the answers to 2 and 3 are "yes" and "no" respectively, which makes the answer to 1 irrelevant, but I thought this might be the easiest way to get the answers. If they will work on suburbans (denalis, escalades, etc), then the market for the used wheels increases quite a bit.....and gives those of us with both vehicles the option of customizing both cars by buying one set of wheels.....

D

Cal
    Cal is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

The stock CTS-V wheels certainly do accomodate non-runflat tires. I have Pilot Sports and other people even have larger tires on the stock rims with no problems.

THE EXECUTIVE is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Never heard of CCW, are they a reputable manufacturer? Is there a site where I can read more about them. Those wheels are great, and I would like to get some 19's, if not gotta get the Mc2's.

StealthV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 Z06 / 2013 F150 EcoBeast / 2008 Twin-Turbo Bimmer

Quote Originally Posted by 6104696
    This is going to sound like a stupid question(s) but I will ask them anyway:

1) Is the CTS-V six lug pattern the same as a suburban 1500?

2) Is the offset different?

3) Will the CTS-V wheels accomodate conventional (non-runflat) tires?
    1. The V (shared with the SRX) 6 x 115 mm pattern is different than any other 6 bolt on GM trucks, Dodge trucks, Viper, etc... check out this thread --> http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ghlight=offset

2. The V offset is 42 mm.

3. Cal answered this one

Cal

4. Put some spinners on it!

Dreamin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 V

Never heard of CCW, are they a reputable manufacturer?
    Yes, very reputable... very well known in racing circles...

www.ccwheel.com

urbanski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Cal
    4. Put some spinners on it!
    DUAL spinners that rotate opposite directions

Z06CADY is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I think the stock V wheels are so good lookiong why replace them? Non runflats may be a thought though. Is this jacking the thread if I ask what a soultion might be for carring a spare tire? The tire well does not hold a spare.

Cal

Someone had said that plastic thing comes out and may hold a full spare, but I don't know.

ssmith100 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I Said it. I've taken mine out before. There will be room for jack and spare. Problem is seeing if the SRX spaer will fit.

Shane

wildwhl is offline Cadillac Owners Master

The plastic storage tub in the spare tire well does indeed come out without too much heartburn. Mine has been out and I've been forming some fiberglass inserts for both sides. One side is done which has been glued in creating a sealed subwoofer enclosure of about .7 cu. ft. net. The second side I've elected to make into a custom storage bin to hold: small compressor; tire goop/sealant; first aid kit. The entire thing will upholster in black vinyl or possible trunk carpet to match the V when finished.

My apologies for not posting pics yet. I keep forgetting to bring the digital camera home from the shop.

So, the solution for me will likely be another set of tires on the factory wheels because I like their looks enough, but probably not run flats - hence the reason for installing the aforementioned items.

Sorry, no thread hijack intended here. If you do pull the plastic tub out and could find an idiot spare to fit, I don't think there would be much weight gain. The tub has a steel tube running through it to aid in rear impact situations, much the same way a spare tire located in the same position would absorb some of the force from a rear impact. In other words, the tub isn't just plastic, and isn't all that light either.

ssmith100 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Yeah, the tray was a whole lot heavier than I thought it would be.

I did get the part number for the air sensor for the wheels. It is: 25763677
    Dealer cost is around 52.00 a piece. It only works on the V and Eldorado.
    Just got off the phone with Chip at CCW and they are waiting on the customer to send a pic of the wheels they made for him. It is actually a six spoke design instead of the five spoke of the 505's. They said it lines up better since we have six lug wheels. As soon as they can post a pic I will be ordering. Sending the air sensors Fed EX to them sometime this week. I'll keep everyone posted.

Shane

THE EXECUTIVE is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamin
    Yes, very reputable... very well known in racing circles...

www.ccwheel.com

Thanks for the info nice site.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.