front license plate options?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, front license plate options? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I live in a nanny state that requires a front license plate, which makes a lot of sense because we ...
    slim pickens is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS-V

front license plate options?

I live in a nanny state that requires a front license plate, which makes a lot of sense because we have a lot of bank robbers that try to get away in reverse?
    So I need to mount a front plate, but my front bumper is a plate virgin... never been drilled. It was an out of state lease car. The dealership gave me the regular CTS front plate mount, but I cant bring myself to drill the bumper. Does anyone have a good solution for a front plate mount that doesnt require me to take a drill to my sweet a$$ new car?? Maybe some kind of clips that go thru the mesh on the lower air dam?
    My mom tried the move where you lay the plate on the dash, and it shows thru the front windshield. I think it took the Ohio state patrol about 3 seconds to pull her over. No dice on that one.
    Thanks!

PS I checked the search but came up dry.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CTSV_510 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)

Re: front license plate options?

Use some double-sided sticky foam tape like the 3M stuff that the emblems have on the back of them.

I doubt the plate will fit in the lower mesh grill unless you bend it. I've seen other forum members do that but I wouldn't recommend it because any cop could get probably make a big stink about it for "destroying state property" or something like that.

Then there's always this nifty thing:
    [YOUTUBE]tC0SX6-c7I8[/YOUTUBE]

heavymetals is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 maggied CTS-V, 03 maggied Z06

here is my solution.

Just aluminum bar stock from Home Depot.

Expanding lags secure it to the mesh.

Civardi is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04 V Raven

I would pay the state to allow me to leave it off.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by CTSV_510 View Post
    ... Then there's always this nifty thing:
    [youtube]tC0SX6-c7I8[/youtube]
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

814V is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 PLATINUM CTS-V

i would just not run one and hope you dont get caught.. but thats just me. hopefully the cops have better things to do then pull you over for no front plate.

tlsmeds is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by 814V View Post
    i would just not run one and hope you dont get caught.. but thats just me. hopefully the cops have better things to do then pull you over for no front plate.

exactly what I have been doing since March. Now watch, I will get pulled over for no front plate tomorrow

Holmes815 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04 RAVEN BLACK CTS-V: FREEFLOW INTAKE w/K&N, MAGNAFLOW, CAGS

I bought Lunarx's V about a year ago and had the same issue since it's a Cali car. DONT YOU DARE DRILL THAT BUMPER!!!! My first V had a plate and the one I have still doesn't, trust me it makes such a difference that people that don't even know about cars were saying, "I know you got the same car but you got a different grill, right???" The plate changes the look. I got pulled over at a DUI stop and they were badgering me about no front plate and I simply told them that my car didnt even have a bracket; it wasn't even from this state and that my bracket that I ordered from Cadillac is on backorder- they wound up giving me a ticket for bald tires but reguardless, I'd pay 50 bucks a year to keep the look!!!

tdyguy2k is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 12 Blk Diamond CTS-V M6, 05 Stealth Grey V Traded

The State troopers in Ohio will pull over a greyhound bus for speeding...they have nothing better to do than pull you over for no front plate. Yeah they're ugly, but what can you do?
    Mike
    Retired

So, how's that whole "Hopey -Changey" thing working out for ya?

slim pickens is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS-V

tdyguy is right... ohio state troopers will pull you over for farting with the windows down. I saw some stat where ohio has more highway patrol officers per mile of highway than any other state... and I believe it.
    I am really intrigued by that hideaway plate bracket... "whaddya mean officer, my front plate has been there the whole time"
    I havent had a problem yet, but I had 30 day temp tags until yesterday... will see how long it takes them to nail me. I am working on a mod for the stock bracket using some of the suggestions above. Will report back...

2004ctsv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTSV

Quote Originally Posted by slim pickens View Post
    tdyguy is right... ohio state troopers will pull you over for farting with the windows down. I saw some stat where ohio has more highway patrol officers per mile of highway than any other state... and I believe it.
    I usually hold about 10-15 over the posted on all interstaes EXCEPT the Ohio pike west of Cleveland near Maumee. They just sit and wait to nail you.

Naf
    Naf is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

OK OK OK...I want one of those retracable ones plus the one from the 06 bull run car...Who what where and how much....

jclayc is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS-V

New CTS-V owner here! I'm in NJ, so I need a front plate.

Does anyone know where I can get a front license plate bracket? I've searched the parts suppliers online and no one has the front bracket. I could make one myself or use a universal one, I'm sure, but I'd rather use what the factory developed.

Thanks!

Natedog is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac CTS-V Series

no drilling required...

Bueller is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Call Luke at Lindsay for the stock mount.

There's a link on the right>>>>>>>>

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.