Cadillac Owners Forum banner
7K views 31 replies 12 participants last post by  ssmith100 
#1 ·
Can somebody please post some of their pictures of silver, with tint preferably.

Please, thanks !:helpless:

#4 ·
Can't stand to have a dirty car. All of my performance sedans/wagons have been silver with black interiors. With the windows tinted...I think there is nothing hotter on the road. I love the look of black but living in burbs of Chicago, I would end up cleaning the car 3-4 times a week...and I don't have time for that. I have never had a black car/truck. I have told my wife that I will own one someday but whenever the oppurtunity presents itself, I always choose to go with the silver. The dealer I bought mine at had both and I hemmed and hawed about which color to go with but the Silver is the way to go. The one thing that I really didn't like about the black CTS-V is the way the back-up lights look HUGE since they are in such contrast with the black. I should be able to get the pics taken first thing in the morning (if it isn't raining like it has the past 10 of 14 days) and post them in the afternoon.

List of previous silver/black cars (won't get into the trucks/suvs):

1998 C5 Convert (Pewter/Blk/Blk)
2001 C5 (Silver/Blk)
2001 E320 (Silver/Blk)
2001 E55 Touring (Silver/Blk)
2002 ML55 (silver/blk)
2003 E55 (silver/blk)
2003 A4 (Silver/Blk)
2004 CTS-V (Silver/Blk)

Hope this helps (or confuses),

Bill

#15 · (Edited)
GO for the SILVER!!!! You won't be disappointed!

I also plan on having the taillights, including the chmsl, and side markers lightly smoked to lessen the red/yellow color. Hella does this to their Euro spec lights for VW and Audi but unfortunately not for ours. A buddy of mine did this to his silver/blk RS6 and it looks very sweet. I also had it done to my C5 tailights...didn't like the four red ovals back there. I'll see if I can find some pics of that car.

Bill

#18 ·
I am not sure if they did or not. I have used the same shop for all my vehicles. They are also the ones that do all of the work for the dealers in the area (MB, BMW, Audi, Range Rover, Jaguar, etc). They are a high end shop...specializing in interiors (leather/suede interiors and tinting).

#21 ·
S10xGN said:
I think they do... we got em from Wheelmax. They are Exel "Radius" models. After looking again, Exel makes several wheels in larger sizes, but not the "Radius" line. ;)
i like their wheels but they don't have bolt pattern 5X115

#23 ·
S10xGN said:
GOOD LORD, not another one! :hmm: The 114.3's will fit just fine, they've been on our car without ANY problems since week #2 of ownership... :bighead:
i don't know. I've heard some people with them not have any issues and others with numerous issues. I guess i'll just get some mc2 fz3 as planned.
BTW nice wheels :D

edit: i love excel ennio, they look very nice

#24 · (Edited)
Some photos of my platinum V (ebony interior) taken on some backroads in Colorado over Memorial weekend. 30% tint on all windows except windshield. Clear 3M protective film on hood, fendors, mirrors, headlights, and fog/parking lights.

I'll bet you can't tell that my car hadn't been washed in the last 2 weeks in these pictures. Thats what I like about silver - doesn't show the dirt. Silver also holds up to UV very well based upon experience with my previous cars here.

Rich H

#25 ·
THAT'S IT!!! My next V is platinum. I'm SOLD!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.