Tires/wheels
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Tires/wheels in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Filling the wheel well requires a drop it would seem. I was looking into 18,19,20+ inch wheels. Without balling up ...
    lasstss is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Tires/wheels

Filling the wheel well requires a drop it would seem. I was looking into 18,19,20+ inch wheels. Without balling up your speedo and computer inputs it looks like the same OD is the way to go. I did find a Bridgestone in a 255-45-18. Slightly larger OD (looks better) slightly wider (good thing)...Not off far enough in diameter to cause problems and hose up the already stiff ride. It looks like the wider the tire, the lower the profile. The 265-275-30-20 would ride like an old truck, there is no sidewall !

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

5CTRVET is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Tires/wheels

I was looking at a set of HRE or Asanti wheels. 19x8.5 and 19x9.5. Wearing 245/40/19 and 275/35/19 SP2. Just waiting for WAF.

I am also hoping someone comes out with a suspension kit that lowers the car just a bit (1/2-3/4 in front and 1-1.5 in back). I have seen (sat in) Mallett's CTS-V with the 19s and his suspension (which lowers it 1/2" and 1.25") and it looks awesome.

Bill

AZstar is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '04 CTS-V, '09 CTS-V

Using 275/40 - 18 in the rear gives you a tire that is nearly an inch wider but has the same sidewall and rpm's per mile. So the ride won't be harsher and the speedometer will read the same. I would like to find some wheels that will fit the car and those tires. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Here is a useful calculator from a miata website:

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

Using the 255-45-18 will fill the wheelwell w/o the drop.
    I am going to go this route. Go to this site, look at the forged. Boyds has the Caddy V info to make hubcentric wheels.

http://www.billetwheel.com/

CTSV OWNER is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTSV

I would like a bit lower also. I cannot afford new wheel/tire combo. But if your looking for a better ride would getting rid of the run flats help smooth out the ride?

Most definetly. Run flats have a HARD sidewall for obvious reasons.

Z06CADY is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

If you get rid of the run flats, you have the spare, jack & stuff problem. What are you going to do about that? The incert for the spare in the trunk will not accept a tire either. I would like to go to a different tire but there are a lot of obsticles to overcome!

We have to find a save a spare with a six bolt pattern. Not likely at this point.

CVP33 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V sedan, '13ZL1 vert, '12 V coupe

I've been driving for over 20 years and I put between 40,000 and 60,000 miles annually on 3 cars. To date I have NEVER had a flat while driving down the road. I've had slow leaks from picking up a nail or screw in the tread, but never an all out flat while driving down the road. Not saying you shouldn't worry about it, just saying it's never happened to me.

ronr is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Don't we have "Roadside Assistance" with our year of OnStar anyway. Why have a spare? I've driven my last 4 vehicles over 170k miles each and the only flat I ever got was from a big piece of ice I hit on our wonderful Michigan highways and it took out the tire and the rim and a lug so a spare wouldn't have helped anyway (but roadside assistance did).

ssmith100 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

The plastic insert in the trunk will come out (did it). The hardest part would be finding a spare. I feel the same as "CVP33", many cars, no flats. I figure with onstar and a cell phone I can take care of that problem. Regardless, I want some type of chrome or forged wheel and a bigger tire for the back. Wish I could find out who makes the 18" 1-peice forged wheel for Mallet.

Shane

Does anyone have the part number for the tire pressure transmitters?? on the wheel?? What is involved to initialize?

ctsvett is offline FAQ is your Friend
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

The proceedure to recalibrate the sensors is located on the FAQ:

Http://www.cadillacfaq.com

Reed

Dreamin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 V

How much does the stock wheel cost? That would obviously work as a spare.
    You could run the same tires and rotate the fifth wheel in.

Anyone know the part number of the stock wheel?

Clintonwmills is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Does anyone know if you can rotate the front and the back wheels? I notice a lot of tread already go on the back wheels. Can I switch them around?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.