LED light guide/install with pics. Name/size/placment
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, LED light guide/install with pics. Name/size/placment in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Here is a pic. with name for LED's for our V's. Everything is from superbrightleds.com where I have ordered several ...
    92nsx is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V , 07 EXT

LED light guide/install with pics. Name/size/placment

Here is a pic. with name for LED's for our V's. Everything is from superbrightleds.com where I have ordered several led's from and have $5 shipping. Remember to order " cool white ". I used info. from other members to make this list since I have not installed mine in the V yet.

Exterior

Headlamp Corner Bulbs (194 size) / WLED-x5 LED Wide Angle LED bulb $3.94 ea. (2) needed
    Back up lights (3157 size) / 3156-x25 LED bulb $11.95 ea. (2) needed. I have found these on ebay with 31 leds for 14.98 shipped. just search " 3157 31-LED Lights White 2-Bulbs Bright Wide View Angle " on ebay.
    License plate lights (194 size) WLED-x5 LED Wide Angle LED bulb / $3.94 ea. (2) needed these are the same bulbs as headlamp corner bulbs.
    Interior bulbs
    Under Front Door Lights (44mm Festoon Style): / 4410-x9 LED Festoon bulb $4.74 ea. one needed for each front door.
    Map Lights (194 size) / T13-x6 Wedge Base LED bulb $2.99 ea. (2) needed
    Under Dash Lights (44mm Rigid Loop Festoon) / RL4410-xHP9 Rigid Loop Festoon bulb $5.95 ea.
    Trunk light (44mm festoon style) / 4410-x9 LED Festoon bulb $4.74 ea. Same as under door light
    Rear dome light (44mm festoon style) / 4410-x9 LED Festoon bulb $4.74 ea. Same as under door light, and trunk light.
    Good Luck with you install. Hope this answer a lot of questions you might have.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CTSV_510 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)

Re: LED light guide/install with pics. Name/size/placment

thanks, nice job!

Coma is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS 2.8L

ditto copy repeat

nxlr8 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 Platinum CTS-V

I am either "slow", or this takes about 3 hours to do...

Had a real PITA with the map lights... the T13-x6 wedge lights are physically too big to fit through the circuit board of the map light assembly... I had to remove the whole board, slide the bulbs in from the bottom and sandwich the board between them and the caps... it worked in the end, but was more work than I anticipated...

The other thing with the map lights is since the normal incandescent bulbs throw light in all directions, they light up each seat very well... the LED's are very directional, and since the bulbs are not placed over the lenses, but offset to the inside, the light coming through the lens is not as bright... it's "good enough", but not as bright as it was...

I tried the WLED-x5 LED Wide Angle LED in the map light to see if it would be any better... far, far worse... don't bother trying that one...

The 3156-x25 LED bulb is NOT bright enough... I put it in, and the light it threw out wasn't even 1/2 (maybe not even 1/4) as bright as the stockers... I'll try out the 3157 31-LED the OP discussed next... since I have tinted windows... I want the MOST light in reverse as I can find...

The inside lights look great... this is how this car should have come from the plant... a must do mod...

I haven't done the headlight corners yet... have the bulbs, but didn't get to that tonight... need to do that one, as the white/yellow combo is

JD03Cobra is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 Platinum CTS V

Quote Originally Posted by nxlr8 View Post

The 3156-x25 LED bulb is NOT bright enough... I put it in, and the light it threw out wasn't even 1/2 (maybe not even 1/4) as bright as the stockers... I'll try out the 3157 31-LED the OP discussed next... since I have tinted windows... I want the MOST light in reverse as I can find...
    I couldnt get that bulb to fit for some reason...it was wider than the OEM bulb. I wonder if the socket changed on the 06/07 V?

lunarx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 Mallett 427 CTS-V, 10 E63 AMG

Don't bother with the BU lights.
    How much time do you spend in reverse?

From what I hear, you won't match the brightness of the stock BU lamps.

For BU I think brightness is more important than color temp.

Naturally, for Brake, Tail, Park, Front Corners & Interior; led is so much better for reduced electrical draw & appearance.

Supernovas ate the ticket for the Front Maps

Superstars are best for the Rear Dome & Trunk

Both of these are crazy bright.
    Way better than the stockers.

v-sam is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

You're the man!

nxlr8 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 Platinum CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by lunarx View Post
    Don't bother with the BU lights.
    How much time do you spend in reverse?
    I'm going for the "white" look... when you click the unlock button on the FOB, all the lights flash... Looking for a BRIGHT white, not a bright yellow...

I'm going to try the bulbs you mentioned for the interior though!

Quote Originally Posted by nxlr8 View Post
    I'm going for the "white" look... when you click the unlock button on the FOB, all the lights flash... Looking for a BRIGHT white, not a bright yellow...

I'm going to try the bulbs you mentioned for the interior though!
    Interesting, my BU lights don't flash.

The License Plate lights do though.
    So I agree, those need to get done.

Have any of you guys found the ideal White Look bulbs for:

High Beams
    STS Driving Lights

Update: The Headlamp Corner Bulbs (194 size) / WLED-x5 LED Wide Angle LED bulb is a little to big to fit in the opening I had to use a dremel to sand down the edges for the LED's to make them fit. ALso what a pain in the ass to install. It took me 2.5 hours to install the back up lights and the Corner headlight bulbs. I like the look of these LED's 10X better then normal bulbs.I can post pics. if any one wants to see them. Sorry no install pics. just finshed pics.

Quote Originally Posted by 92nsx View Post
    Update: The Headlamp Corner Bulbs (194 size) / WLED-x5 LED Wide Angle LED bulb is a little to big to fit in the opening I had to use a dremel to sand down the edges for the LED's to make them fit. ALso what a pain in the ass to install. It took me 2.5 hours to install the back up lights and the Corner headlight bulbs. I like the look of these LED's 10X better then normal bulbs.I can post pics. if any one wants to see them. Sorry no install pics. just finshed pics.
    LOL
    I just went thru that myself.
    I did not want to do any dremeling on my Head Lights.

For the Front Corners, I just ordered;

SMT Towers

&

Super Star Wide Angle LED's

I'll try both and see which looks best.

Quote Originally Posted by lunarx View Post
    LOL
    I just went thru that myself.

For the Front Corners, I just ordered
    SMT Towers
    The towers will work great, the led part dosen't extrude passed the bulb base. Since I already had the wheel well removed i just made the ones i ordered work. Good Job.

cvettr/cts-v is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 Infrared CTS-V

i just ordered and got 194 5 led matrix as it was what this site install instructions and everyone said the used for the headlight corners. install instructions say nothing of having to dremel or cut. should those instructions or bulb type be updated to a non cut non dremel version? has everyone that used 5 led matrix had to modify and if so it is not in instructions? i would prefer not to modify housing should i buy different leds for headlight corner triangle and if so which works / looks the best? i see smt tower suggested but not installed yet. sounds like the issue is the led can not be any wider at any point than the base. is this correct? just don't want to waste all that time to find out i need to order different lamps. thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by cvettr/cts-v View Post
    i just ordered and got 194 5 led matrix as it was what this site install instructions and everyone said the used for the headlight corners. install instructions say nothing of having to dremel or cut. should those instructions or bulb type be updated to a non cut non dremel version? has everyone that used 5 led matrix had to modify and if so it is not in instructions? i would prefer not to modify housing should i buy different leds for headlight corner triangle and if so which works / looks the best? i see smt tower suggested but not installed yet. sounds like the issue is the led can not be any wider at any point than the base. is this correct? just don't want to waste all that time to find out i need to order different lamps. thanks.
    I test fit a 4 Star in the corners.

It's 11mm Diameter and it barely fit.
    So, 11mm is the max diameter that will work.

Both SMT Tower & Super Star Wide Angle are 10mm Diameter, so I know those will fit..

Quote Originally Posted by cvettr/cts-v View Post
    If you dont want to dremel them down then order differnt ones. Just look at 194's with led's that dont extrude pass the white base of the buld. Also the 5 led matrix will work fine for the rear. If you look on ebay you can find them for less then $10 shipped for 2 bulbs. Sorry, for some reason i can not edit my first post to change the head light corner LED. I also just went by cadillacfaq to make the thread since there was a lot of questions on what they look like for each bulb.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.