To make it simple:
- It does leak a little from the rear crankshaft seal
- It needs motor mounts replaced; really easy to do.
- The heat and the a/c work, but the temperature control does not work. I switch it manually for heat in the winter and cold in the summer. A/C works good, but needs a coolant recharge.
- The radio is new and works, but the installation may need to be improved. I think the prior owner did it himself.
-The electric door locks do not work for the rear doors; front doors are okay. They worked before, and slowly stopped working. May just need cleaning and adjusting.
- Interior lights on the passenger door do not work.
- No surprise, but it is a gas hog ! (8 mpg average)
The really good:
- Engine is the V8 472 c.i. big block Cadillac
- Tires are almost new.
- Brake rotors, pads, shoes and master cylinder are all new.
- Radiator and thermostat are new. Coolant was flushed ans replaced last year.
- Fuel lines and fuel filter were replaced recently.
- All the front-end bushings are new.
- Recent transmission service (filter, fluid and gaskets)
- Rear axle seals were replaced and old gear oil was flushed and replaced.
- Speedometer, gas gauge, warning lights and dash
lighting all work fine.
- Vinyl upholstery is in excellent shape, headliner is also in excellent shape, and vinyl top is perfect. Carpet
is stained at spots, but in good shape.
- Power seats work fine and electric windows work fine too.
- No cracks on glass
- It is pretty much rust free. Paint has some dings and scratches and looks old, but it is not dull or matte.
- Car is original, no cutting or modifications. I have receipts for all the work done.
- I have an original shop manual and brochures from Cadillac.
- It had a salvage title from Colorado (you could see the plates in the pictures!). I do not know why, since it does not look like it was involved in a an accident. I was told it could be because original title was lost long ago (?). It has now a California salvage title in my name, and registration is current.
I drive it on a regular basis (1-2 times per week). I will sell, but would not mind trading it for newer cadillac (1990-2002) in the $3K range.