2005 Cadillac CTS-V w/Mallett Package
Opportunities to purchase a car such as this do not happen often. This is a very rare version of an already
rare car. Don’t miss this chance to own this collectible vehicle!
Information about the builder:
Mallet Cars was founded in 1997 by 26 year racing veterans, Chuck and Lance Mallett, with the goal of
producing the fastest, highest-quality signature series of C5 Corvettes available anywhere. Following the
success of the C5 venture, Chuck and Lance added the C6 Corvette, Cadillac’s V series models, and V8
Pontiac Solstice and V8 Saturn Sky options to their lineup.
This car was #006 for 2005. The build included the following:
Standard Conversion Package:
• 5.7L (346 cid) LS6, 471 HP @ 6000, 433 lb-ft @ 4600
• Custom ported LS6 heads, flow & CC matched
• 2006 and newer models feature the LS2 6.0L engine
• Custom cam, valve springs, and pushrods
• Custom calibration & dyno tuning
• Mallett / Corsa stainless mufflers
• Custom calibration & dyno tuning
• Mallett rear wheel-hop stabilizer system
• World famous Mallett billet shifter
• Aggressive vehicle stance: Lowered / raked 3/4" with performance all-wheel
• Exclusive Mallett body graphics
• Mallett graphics embroidered on seat headrests
• Mallett serial number plaque
• 2-year, 24,000 mile warranty (see Warranty for complete details)
• Price for this package: $16,500.
• Long Tube Mallet “D”-port Stainless Steel Headers (including Random Technology high-flow
catalytic converters - $1319 $350 installation.
• Mallet / Corsa Stainless Steel muffler system: $1195 plus $200 installation.
• Mallet 1 pc forged-alloy wheels, 19x9”, $3095 tires.
That is over $22,600 in performance upgrades alone, on top of the ~$51,000 price for the vehicle itself
As mentioned, this car has the optional Mallett Wheels, of which there were reportedly only 25 sets
produced. Considered to be one of the best looking wheels for a first generation CTS-V, these one piece
forged wheels feature a durable finish and strong, light weight construction. These wheels alone still sell
for $2-3,000 on the rare occasion that they come up for sale.
- At just over 33,000 miles from new, this car is in excellent condition. The exterior has been very
well cared for, as has the interior. The interior is free from any rips, stains, damage, or excessive
wear. The exterior is very good as well, with the paint being in quite good shape, aside from one
small blemish on the front bumper, as shown in the pictures. Overall it shows very well.
Mechanically, the car is very sound:
- Runs great; no drivability issues.
- According to Chuck Mallett, this car put 438hp to the rear wheels after receiving its
- This car was under extended warranty until early this spring, and so has always had any required service done in a very timely manner.
- Everything works on the car, exactly as it should. No issues or surprises.
- Car has had the oil changed religiously every 3,000 miles. Mobil 1 synthetic only.
issues taken care of in a prompt and through fashion.
- Window tint is 2% all the way around.
While under warranty, the rear differential was upgraded to the fourth and best
revision of the design, due to the original unit developing a slight whine as so many of the early versions are prone to do.
- Full dealer service records are available.
Current owner has owned the car since 2008, at which point it had 11,700 miles on it. It has never seen
snow, and has only been caught in the rain a handful of times. Very well cared for, always stored during
Comprehensive photo set available:
$27.5k Serious offers considered.
Nick @ nickolas71 at yahoo.com